• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Characters and elements in the KH games you feel get too much flak.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtherPromise

One thing that I haven't seen on here yet is Sora's personality. Especially now that we have a direct and constant contrast with his foil, Riku, a lot of people have taken to calling him "dumb," "childish," and "far too care-free." Well... other than a couple of times when it was way overdone in DDD, I don't see the problem with this. The games themselves have said that he's a child at heart, and if I recall, Nomura said Sora's based on his own childhood idea of an ideal hero. He takes things in stride, doesn't antagonize over problems, has an idealistic and positive outlook on everything. Is it unlikely that a normal teenager would be like that? Yeah, but that's what makes the guy special, doesn't it?

Besides, I figure it's necessary to have something to balance out Riku's more FF-hero persona.

I agree with most of this although I can see where some people are coming from when they complain about him being dumb. In KH2, Sora seems dumb at times because he never knows what he's doing. He shows up to worlds like Twilight Town and has no idea why he's there. Goofy has to tell him what they're doing. Thats pretty dumb. Why didn't Sora ask that question before they got to Twilight Town? Do they not plan anything out before they travel to worlds? It seems like they just show up places and hope that someone has something for them to do or hope they run into organization members/Maleficent/Pete.

Emperor

I think Xemnas and Ansem's relationship to Xehanort after DDD gets a lot of flak. Sure, they aren't the main problems of the story anymore, but that doesn't mean they aren't major threats. Besides, it's not like their goals were any different from Xehanort's to begin with, that, and they haven't been shown to act as Xehanort's simple-minded lackeys, so I think it's bit early to be saying they are.

He CAN be a bit of an airhead at times. For example, what do you do if you don't know how a computer works? Pound the s*** out of it, naturally. And that was AFTER being told that it's a delicate piece of equipment and could be crucial to learning about Ansem!

You have to see this from Sora's point of view though. He grew up on an island with no signs of technology and was then suddenly placed in front of a highly advanced super computer and told to find information. Most people who've been with computers longer than Sora ever has react the same way when they can't figure out the problem with them. The situation was more Leon's fault for having trusted him with something like that.

Edit:
Ansem the Wise: While I can see how a lot of people didn't like the twist with Ansem the Wise and with Ansem Seeker of Darkness,I don't think the actual character himself was that bad. He tried to understand how the Heart works only to find out in the end that the Heart isn't something science can uncover. Not to mention that his quest to undo the damage drove him to do questionable methods that he later regrets. If you think about it it's tragic seeing him try to undo what he did and just done. Since it's likely he could come of the Realm of Darkness there's a chanch he could come out and be king of Radiant Garden again.

I feel this way too. I enjoyed Ansem the Wise's character, but it's like people hate him just because he did some bad things. The story wouldn't have conflict or be any fun if there weren't any characters who didn't generate problems. Yes, he dragged people who had nothing to do with his revenge into it, but he's at least having a character arc and not only trying to fix problems that he caused, but also problems he had nothing to do with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back