• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Character Pronunciation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxrikachan

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Xemnas - zem-nas
Xigbar - zig-bar
Xaldin - zal-din
Vexen - vex-in
Laxaeus - lex-ayes (omgidk ._.)
Zexion - same as it sounds. o-o
Saix - It's like 'sex' with a tennessee accent.
Axel - obviously, how it looks
Demyx - dem-icks
Luxord - lux-ord (T_T)
Marluxia - mar-lux-ee-a (>__<)
Larxene - larx-een
Roxas - ... rocks-ass (;D not really, and no, he doesn't)
Xion - zee-on
lmao. Sex with a tennessee accent? That's something I've never heard before xDDDD

Muse

you look atrocious
Funny how a bunch of characters (such as Demyx and Luxord) never had their names mentioned in the game, but you fought them anyway. How does Jiminy know their names?

Buh. How does Jiminy know most of their names, like the ones defeated back in COM? D:

One word: Magic! :D

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
On wiki (please don't punch me), the japanese romanization of the names are on there. It tells you how the names are pronounced.

But I don't know... the Japanese pronounciation differs slightly from American pronounciation. For example Roxas with Japanese accent/dialect (whatever..I dunno) is
Rowk-sauce
In the English version it's rock-sass....
the difference is slight but that's just because of pronounciation differences....

MY POINT is that pronounciation could differ slightly from the Japanese romanization on wiki
*gets punched*

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
Buh. How does Jiminy know most of their names, like the ones defeated back in COM? D:

One word: Magic! :D

Well, since the info is there right after the scene where they look in the Hallow Bastion computer, I'd assume that Jiminy found all that info on that computer. It wasn't sepcifically in the scene, but it still could've happened.

In any case, here are my pronounciations:

Xemnas: Zem-nus
Xigbar: Zig-bar
Xaldin: Xaldin (It's hard to be specific on this one)
Vexen: Vex-en (I personally don't see how ppl pronounce it Vee-xen)
Lexaeus: Leks-ae-us
Zexion: Zeks-ion
Saix: Saï-ix
Axel: Aksel
Demyx: Duh-mix
Luxord: Lucks-ord
Marluxia: Mar-louks-ia
Larxene: Larks-een

Some of those may not entirely be the way that they're pronounced in the game, but I don't like how they're pronounced in the game, that's why I still pronounce them the way I find is best. I find the games tend to add an unnecessary accent to the names that make them ugly.

On that same note, I dislike the way they pronounce Namine's name. In KH2, it's pronounced "Gnaw-meh-nay", whereas I prefer pronouncing it "Nah-mee-nay".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back