• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Character of the Week

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I did this the first CotW and I'll do it as long as I send a submission: I will not partake in the voting process. I choose to refrain from casting my voodoo doll into the box simply because I refuse to trust myself. I don't mean this to scare people away from submitting their characterized brain matter or voting for their "best character" and whatnot, it's more a Zen thing for me, man.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Alright, I wanted to keep the prizes largely secret, to keep this competion focused more on creativity than prizes, but since it seems no one apart from a few regulars seem to be taking this seriously, I suppose I should spill a little bit to prove how serious I am about this competition.

All I will say is this: The grand prize (i.e., the third drawing) is worth more than $100.

Hopefully that'll light a fire under some of your asses.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Alright, I wanted to keep the prizes largely secret, to keep this competion focused more on creativity than prizes, but since it seems no one apart from a few regulars seem to be taking this seriously, I suppose I should spill a little bit to prove how serious I am about this competition.

All I will say is this: The grand prize (i.e., the third drawing) is worth more than $100.

Hopefully that'll light a fire under some of your asses.

Though kind of you, enjoying contest more so. No need prizes to enjoy myself.

I'll be submitting mine sometime tonight, due to being busy on Friday.

Awards
I've been wanting to participate, but my characters are nothing like the rest of yous... by which I mean, I tend to focus on different things when I flesh out my characters especially without a set template or something. By which I probably mean cliche teenage girl stuff. But I think I'll try to participate anyway, even if I know I won't win. When is week 3's entry due? Tonight?

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Well, we weren't always so good. Practice makes perfect and what better practice than this? Besides, it only takes one win to be entered into the drawing and a win still counts if only one person submits a character.

Anyway, this week ends tomorrow night, though I can stretch it into Tuesday if a people need a tad bit more time.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Well, we weren't always so good. Practice makes perfect and what better practice than this? Besides, it only takes one win to be entered into the drawing and a win still counts if only one person submits a character.

Anyway, this week ends tomorrow night, though I can stretch it into Tuesday if a people need a tad bit more time.

We should go to the village stoning sometime. I've heard the after-punishment reception has great fare and vittles.

DO IT IF YOU CAN MEGA-CHAN AND ENJOY THYSELF BECAUSE THAT IS WHY WE ON INTERNETS :3

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
We should go to the village stoning sometime. I've heard the after-punishment reception has great fare and vittles.

Excellent. I've always enjoyed a good stoning.

Tomorrow night, okay, I'll see what I can do. Hopefully I can finish this in time. Maybe this will help me build better characters.

<3

That's the idea I hope for this contest to inspire.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Week Two's voting is over and the winner is Ordeith and his character "Black Ben" Stoddard.

Week Three's voting has been set up: >>here<<

And Week Four's theme has been decided: Sky.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Week Three's voting is over and the winner is Professor Ven and his character "The Stone."

Week Four's voting has been set up: >>here<<

And for week five, I've decided a more open theme: Vice.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Might we have some people vote in week 4's thread? With only one vote thus far, it isn't proving a thrilling race...

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Week Four's voting is over and the winner is MegaWallflower and her character "the Girl."

Week Five's voting has been set up: >>here<<

As for Week Six, I've decided on another fun theme: Perspective.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I'm a tad confused. Are we supposed to be creating character templates or creating scenes that feature out characters?

You're free to present a character in whatever format you choose -- be it a template, a vignette, a series of brief epistles, etc.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I thought I was going to have an interesting 'character' to work with for this one. But the all-seeing-eye idea, found in every vision, every profound and spiritual moment, is just kinda generic and boring, even if I try weaving it into a poetic form.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Already have something milling about for this, will have it in by Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back