• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Character Names

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

"Terra." A girl's name or a boy's name? First thought.

• Girl's name

Votes: 42 38.2%
  • Boy's name

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • It's not a name! It's a word!

Votes: 30 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XionXIVRikuXV

ok, dont kill me for this.

ok, so i was wondering i fthe names for each character has a significance ohte rthan showing relationships to otehr characters. like, do the names show somethign about their personaltites? or is it nothing more than just names????

please dont kill me for this...

and y does "Terra" sound like a girl's name>????? it scares me.....

Muse

you look atrocious
How do their names describe their personalities? :/

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think their names specifically effect their personalities. (this seems to happen a lot in real life, though, which i've seen through calling pets certain names when they're little and having those names effect their personality when they're older.) They do seriously show relationships, though this is more for Sora, Riku, and Kairi than anyone else. I'm not too sure about that, though, so my answer isn't that great. xD;

And, about Terra's name, it sounds like a girl's name because it IS a girl's name. :] See?

Behind the Name: Meaning, Origin and History of the Name Terra

Terra is also the name of a girl in Teen Titans. Ever since they've released his name, I've thought of Teen Titans' Terra's name. :D

Xebrem

I don't think that their Names have an effect of their personalities (I called my parrot 'Yoshi' but he doesn't continuously eat)
But I think it's more to do with the relationships than anything else- like how their names is connected and are in a pattern (Earth, Air, Water).

And yep- Terra IS a girls name the BBS Terra is the only guy I know with that name- the rest are girls (>.0)

Awards
Sora is considered a girl's name.

Not to mention Riku/Rikku.

So yeah. Not much to say about Terra. It fits in with the overwhelmingly large bishōnen atmosphere.

A

Audo

If anything, Terra is a unisexual name that applies to girls far more than boys.

Terra can be used as both a girl's and boy's name. You hear about more in girls then boys, but it can be used as both. There are several names that people think are just girls names, but can be used as both like Marion and Adrienne.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
The only time, and the first time, I heard Terra as a girl's name was the character in Teen Titans. For a while, until I got used to Terra as a male character, I thought of it as a female name.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I`d say it was both. I named my girl fish Terra, but I`ve seen it used as a boy`s name too.

Xebrem

Well... Anyways, It doesn't matter if Terra is a girl's or a boy's Name- it's what Nomura has called him- that's all.
plus the closest thing to Ventus I could find on Latin Names was Venus- which was a girl's name. But it doesn't matter.

XionXIVRikuXV

ok. in answer to "How does a character's name describe their presonality?" i didnt mean it like that. i meant, like, take Aqua for example. Aqua means water, and her movements when she fights are kinda fluent (from wat weve seen, at least). and then wiht Ven, his real name, Ventus, means wind in Latin, and he supposedly uses arial attacks more often. or thats his specialty or something like that.

and then with Terra being a girl's or boy's name, i was just wondering what other people though, beacuse at first i thought it Terra was supposed to be a girl. and most of my friends think that its a girl's naem. but they dont know about kh, so ya.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
XionXIVRikuXV said:
personaltites
personaltities... personal-tities... personal tities...

Anyway, a lot of names used in KH are often unisex names, like Riku, Sora and Terra for example. As for the personalities and names thing, so far no. The names do not match their personality. They do match their fighting styles, but Personality =/= Fighting Style.

Wevvy

First time I heard Terra used as a name was with KH:BBS. Sowwi.

I just voted "Its a word" coz Idk :36:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back