• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Character Death

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forsaken Shadow

This doesn't have much to do with the hoard of DDD news we've been getting over the past two days, but I feel it's a question worth asking. Do you think we will see any major characters die? I mean, you can argue that no one has, or can, die in Kingdom Hearts (with the exception of Eraqus and Vanitas, both of which can be debated over). I'm sure Sora won't ever die, at least not during this saga, since Nomura has plans for him after Xehanort's butt gets kicked. Personally, I'm worried about Riku's fate, and I would hate for him to die since he's a great character and he's one of my favourites.

Thoughts?

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I'm not exactly sure.
They won't kill Sora, Riku or Kairi....Xehanort will die though

blueheart

Bronze Member
Yen Sid. Calling it now.

I'm pretty sure Riku won't die. He might ""die", but be brought back to life like nothing happened.

It would be cool for Master Eraqus to come back. But I don't see that happening. :(
It would actually make it less tragic though.

And you also forgot Riku Replica.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
If someone were to die, I'd want them dead permanently. Their death would make less of an impact if they were resurrected.

I can see Riku dying. It would provide Sora a chance to grow as a character.

Youniquee

Awards
If someone were to die, I'd want them dead permanently. Their death would make less of an impact if they were resurrected.

I can see Riku dying. It would provide Sora a chance to grow as a character.

The Japanese love resurrection, just something we have to deal with lol

Riku dying, permanently? I do not want, I don't even think SquareEnix wants that. Or Japan. I think it would be over the top. Even by Riku dying temporarily, that would give Sora some growth too.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Death in KH does not exist. Only sleep, and apparently with DDD you can bring things out from the world of sleep so not even that is permanent.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
does that mean possible return of eraqus and any others who have been "put to sleep"?

I'm sure it does. I could be wrong with the sleep thing, though. Master Eraqus is odd because his Heart was in Terra's body so he might not be fully be "sleeping". His body is probably somewhere in the in-between realm, but his Heart still theoretically remains in the Realm of Light.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm sure it does. I could be wrong with the sleep thing, though. Master Eraqus is odd because his Heart was in Terra's body so he might not be fully be "sleeping". His body is probably somewhere in the in-between realm, but his Heart still theoretically remains in the Realm of Light.

but ventus has his heart in someone else, and his body is still present. does that mean he is sleeping too?

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
This is just my own assumption but I think Ven is the only one really sleeping out of the characters named in this thread.... Eraqus is pretty much a gonner hopefully. He is the only one that really seemed to be put out, though his heart supposedly resides in Terra., his body is absent. As for deaths I think mainly in the end it will be eraqus and xehanort will be the ones to die...

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
die please, since braig came back i wont be suprised if all the other appretice do too
inlcudinng no apretice isa and lea.. there alos ienzo, i feel bad for him that akk happened ween he was a kid it screwed with hsi head so not death people are coming back to life and for some reason there powers are restred so there memories must be intact

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
As nonexistent as death is in KH, doesn't Neku's existence contradict that?

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Just because death can exist in KH doesn't mean that the characters will die. I don't know about anyone else, but so far, I haven't seen anyone die, except for maybe Ansem (both the Heartless Ansem and Ansem the Wise). Eraqus was killed but if his heart resided in Terra, then shouldn't his body have disappeared and gone off to form a Nobody some where? Although, since Heartless didn't exist back then, neither, by that standpoint, should Nobodies. As for that matter, nobody in KH has died: they always come back somehow. And even if they did, I don't see Square Enix getting rid of any of the major main characters. They might kill of Yen Sid if Disney allows it, but, then again, this is Disney. They only sanction the death (and violent death, too, for that matter) of the bad guys.

Tidus14

Riku and sora will fight each other as the end of the MoM. Riku dies. Sora's angry comes above. and then THE END.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Well, I guess you could consider Bambi's mother to not be a bad guy. And of course, all of the mothers of the main characters that we never even hear about (but that's off-screen death and therefore doesn't count). Still, of the majority of Disney death (and I mean Disney - animated, non-Pixar, stuff they'd use in KH) are the bad guys and I don't know about you, but Ursula's death by spearing was kind of violent. And Scar's death by being chow-food for the hyenas?

Still, you're right: I don't see them killing off Yen Sid. Then again, I didn't think JK Rowling would kill off Dumbledore, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back