• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Character Death

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Well, I guess you could consider Bambi's mother to not be a bad guy. And of course, all of the mothers of the main characters that we never even hear about (but that's off-screen death and therefore doesn't count). Still, of the majority of Disney death (and I mean Disney - animated, non-Pixar, stuff they'd use in KH) are the bad guys and I don't know about you, but Ursula's death by spearing was kind of violent. And Scar's death by being chow-food for the hyenas?

Still, you're right: I don't see them killing off Yen Sid. Then again, I didn't think JK Rowling would kill off Dumbledore, either.

True, True... Mufasa's Death was kinda violent too specially for a good guy . Scar was one evil bastard lol....

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Ooh, I completely forgot about Mufasa. Still, most of the good guys stay alive. And if not, then it's usually an older, wiser character whose death serves as a catalyst for the main character's growth - hence why I feel Yen Sid might be the only who would 'die' a la Master Eraqus. Still, Sora, Riku, and Kairi are the main characters: the babies of the story. Nomura wouldn't kill them off.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As nonexistent as death is in KH, doesn't Neku's existence contradict that?

No. In TWEWY none of the Players were really dead. The best way I can describe it is that they were in a limbo of life and death. For all purposes they were dead to the RG, but there was a chance they could get their life back or die/be erased and get reincarnated.

Taken from TWEWY Wikia said:
1. Weak players are erased even if they win. Some may simply throw away life and choose to be erased on their own will.

2. If a Player has done or participated in any illegal activities in the Game, they will be erased. Special exceptions may give them penalties, such as requiring them to play again, with no more chances to play anymore.

3. Players may become a Reaper. Most are recruited under Support class, but rare cases (Beat) can be recruited immediately into Harrier.

4. Players may come back to life. This is considered unusual, however, the Angels don't consider it to be a loss. The Player's art and music will find its way into its culture. Now, coming back to life isn't true, as the Players aren't exactly dead, as stated in the Secret Reports; more specifically, Shiki's Day 7 report.

5. Those players who completed the game but have not earned the right to be revived (due to the preselected number) may be allowed to play the Game again. Entry Fees are refunded to the survivors, but each Game requires one Entry Fee. This may or not be the same as the Player's original Entry Fee: it will always be the Player's most precious thing, but what that thing is may have changed over the course of the Game due to the Player's experiences.

6. The absolute best of the Players are given the honor of ascending into the Higher Plane.

Those that become Reapers can interact with the RG and UG, so in a sense they would be "alive".

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Death in KH does not exist. Only sleep, and apparently with DDD you can bring things out from the world of sleep so not even that is permanent.

I just realized..... Birth By Sleep.
It all makes sense to me now, lol.

And yeah, like everybody's said, Death doesn't really exist in KH.
I don't know why, but I'd like Repliku just to come back again....maybe in Riku's dream?
Better yet, why is Sora dreaming of Neku? That part made me laugh for some reason.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
No. In TWEWY none of the Players were really dead.

The reaper game is a one-week competition in which those who have died may participate. They're all dead. They just haven't passed on to the afterlife yet because of the oppurtunity they have been given. Never have we heard of this middle ground you're talking about in TWEWY.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just realized..... Birth By Sleep.
It all makes sense to me now, lol.

And yeah, like everybody's said, Death doesn't really exist in KH.
I don't know why, but I'd like Repliku just to come back again....maybe in Riku's dream?
Better yet, why is Sora dreaming of Neku? That part made me laugh for some reason.

They aren't Sora or Riku's dreams. (though lol Sora dreaming of Neku is a hilarious idea)

This is the Realm of Sleep, so it is probably something like the place where all things on the verge of existing (the closest kind of example I can think of are newborn Hearts and worlds) or have moved on from the Realm of Waking exist (like Eraqus and Ven, or even dead people like Neku) gather. I'm sure it will be explained in 3D.

I'm going to think of it this way to keep from being confused for now: We have the Realm of Light, the Realm Between, and the Realm of Darkness. We can call of that the Realm of Waking for a lack of better terms. Encompassing all of that might be the Realm of Sleep, where all things not perceivable by the eye exist. So things like thoughts, dreams, memories, etc collide in this place.

I doubt any of that is right but it is better than nothing.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Ooh, I completely forgot about Mufasa. Still, most of the good guys stay alive. And if not, then it's usually an older, wiser character whose death serves as a catalyst for the main character's growth - hence why I feel Yen Sid might be the only who would 'die' a la Master Eraqus. Still, Sora, Riku, and Kairi are the main characters: the babies of the story. Nomura wouldn't kill them off.

YO since theres no death could they bring mufasa back from sleep!?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The reaper game is a one-week competition in which those who have died may participate. They're all dead. They just haven't passed on to the afterlife yet because of the oppurtunity they have been given. Never have we heard of this middle ground you're talking about in TWEWY.

Did you read the Secret Repots? They aren't dead dead.

Shiki Day 4; Secret Report 4 said:
Thus, they are erased only from visible existence: their Soul persists in the UG until gathered and tied together according to a new code.

This new code is, essentially, Imagination. Given sufficient Imagination, any form is possible, be it a pin or a Reaper.

Variations in this code cause the Soul to manifest in different forms.

In other words, humans, Reapers, and Noise are all entities formed of Soul. The only difference is their code.

Shiki Day 7; Secret Report 7 said:
This may sound odd, but one may also choose to be reincarnated. Well, the word "reincarnation" is not quite accurate, for the humans of the UG are not truly dead. They merely possess different Soul code, and have been tuned in to a different plane.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
They aren't Sora or Riku's dreams. (though lol Sora dreaming of Neku is a hilarious idea)

I guess what I meant what was "their scenarios" not "their dreams".

Like Repliku went to this "Realm of Sleep" when he "died".
So he appears in Riku's scenario....
I don't know, I just really liked Repliku.

I purely said

Marx15 said:
Better yet, why is Sora dreaming of Neku?

Just for a laugh, because that was the first thing that popped into my head when I found out Neku was in this game.

Silverslide

Never heard that before. Weird o.o

EDIT: Wait, I'm thinking he meant that in the sense that their souls still exist. I mean they are dead because we saw most of them die, but dead means gone forever, which isn't the case in TWEWY. He was probably just trying to be politically correct.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Never heard that before. Weird o.o

EDIT: Wait, I'm thinking he meant that in the sense that their souls still exist. I mean they are dead because we saw most of them die, but dead means gone forever, which isn't the case in TWEWY. He was probably just trying to be politically correct.

Who was trying to be politically correct? *confused*

Silverslide

I don't think he was. Mr. H isn't really "politically correct". He was being very literal when he said that they aren't dead.

"Well, the word "reincarnation" is not quite accurate"

He definitely is one for accuracy.

Nah, when he went out of his way to say "truly" he was being very technical about it. Technically, they aren't dead since they aren't permanently removed from existence, but they still died. It's not like their death was a hoax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back