• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Character ages in Final Fantasy games.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
So I went to check the ages of the characters in FFXV, because I mean I see them and I don't think of them being my age (25). I checked Noctis and Prompto, I thought they were around maybe 19 or 20, which they are, but Iggy and Glady? I thought they were around their 30s, but nope. They are 22 and 23. And I'm like... I'm literally 3-2 years older than them! The way the act, you would think they were older. Then I'm thinking what's with FF and the ages. Most of the characters that seem older and mature, are always in their early 20s but they don't seem like it. Why do they make these guys so mature? I never seen a 22 year old act this mature ever.

Of course, this is just a game, I know. But what do you think of the ages in Final Fantasy XV and other Final Fantasies, do you think they accurate in the characters ages or would you make them older? Like in FFX, IIRC Wakka was 26? He does seem to act his age and I do like that.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Balthier is 22. As is Lulu. They both seem way older. Fang is 21. She seems older. Auron is only 35. He looks like he should easily be in his late 40's if not 50's! This makes him younger than Sazh, who is 40.

And of course, Snow and Serah look like they're 30 and 15 but are 21 and 18 respectively.

Honestly, I always take JRPG ages with a pinch of salt. Especially in Final Fantasy. Unless age is tied to the plot, I always go with my own assumptions based on what it appears to be. In most cases you can easily add five years to each character.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I noted in my blog's coverage of FFIV: The After Years that by aging up everyone by seventeen years, they actually created one of the oldest overall Final Fantasy casts on record! Former five year old twins Palom and Porom are 22, near the upper limit of what would normally be "acceptable" in a Final Fantasy protagonist, while Cid is now 71!

And yet even with that I don't fully believe it, because like Re:Magnus said, you can and probably should add five years to the characters' first appearances in FFIV, pushing everyone up even higher! And while I'm generally comfortable with Ceodore and Ursula as awkward, gangly 16 year olds (born a year after the events of FFIV), if you're not, you'd have to push the entire cast up a few more years to compensate!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I noted in my blog's coverage of FFIV: The After Years that by aging up everyone by seventeen years, they actually created one of the oldest overall Final Fantasy casts on record! Former five year old twins Palom and Porom are 22, near the upper limit of what would normally be "acceptable" in a Final Fantasy protagonist, while Cid is now 71!

And yet even with that I don't fully believe it, because like Re:Magnus said, you can and probably should add five years to the characters' first appearances in FFIV, pushing everyone up even higher! And while I'm generally comfortable with Ceodore and Ursula as awkward, gangly 16 year olds (born a year after the events of FFIV), if you're not, you'd have to push the entire cast up a few more years to compensate!

I think it's more unbelievable Palom and Porom are five years old and join your party. Age five and they are battling monsters already.

I'd also like to mention sprites never really gave Final Fantasy characters age (until the ports) so part of the blame is the graphical illusion until you find out in the game lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back