• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Changes to games mid-production/post-production

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
y'all need to CALM THE HELL DOWN. i love you both now please relax over this mickey mouse children's game, i doubt audo meant anything by it. the internet always makes people seem worse than they actually are.

chuman is so cute sometimes.
So, are there any other mid-game changes? I really like stuff like that and am curious. :X

Anagram

Banned
y'all need to CALM THE HELL DOWN. i love you both now please relax over this mickey mouse children's game, i doubt audo meant anything by it. the internet always makes people seem worse than they actually are.

Oh but he did and it's not about the game but okay. Derailing shall stop. o3o

chuman is so cute sometimes.
So, are there any other mid-game changes? I really like stuff like that and am curious. :X
Well one that's mentioned often is BBS' shift from PS2 to PSP.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Oh but he did and it's not about the game but okay. Derailing shall stop. o3o

Well one that's mentioned often is BBS' shift from PS2 to PSP.

last digs get in equally as much salt, remember that.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Well, more or less, I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlIyIfGeszI

Don't get me wrong, I hate that guy. But heh, you can see the Screenshots and all in his Video, and I couldn't find the original one, unfortunately.

And here's the debug room:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4htGKi7qbK4

I dunno
That guy's analysis of the debug room is so reaching lol.

As for Radiant Garden... idk, to me I just get the feeling that it was probably just used to test the battle stuff? KH3D and BBS use the same engine so I could see them just importing that area of the world into KH3D just to use it to test things like the battle. I mean the fact that it is the BBS version of the world, and not something that more closely resembles the KH2 post-restoration makes me think it wasn't being used for story purposes. But who knows?

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
That guy's analysis of the debug room is so reaching lol.

As for Radiant Garden... idk, to me I just get the feeling that it was probably just used to test the battle stuff? KH3D and BBS use the same engine so I could see them just importing that area of the world into KH3D just to use it to test things like the battle. I mean the fact that it is the BBS version of the world, and not something that more closely resembles the KH2 post-restoration makes me think it wasn't being used for story purposes. But who knows?

I guess you're right. Maybe, sometime, we will get an answer from Nomura, lol.

Well, I am sorry I brought this up. I guess it confused some of you, so..
Sorry. >.<

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Sorry. >.<

Hey, hey. You tried to spread some information, right?
Don't apologize~ We don't bite, do we.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Some stuff I remember off the top of my head:

Some stuff from earlier trailers of KH2 that didn't make it into the game:
-A scene on the Great Crest of HB where the Org members appear and Sora attacks one of them (according to translations at the time, this member was supposed to be Riku)
-A scene in the basement of the mansion where Donald fires a Blizzard spell at Goofy and it hits the pods and bounces back and freezes Donald.
-The aforementioned Heartless battle saw significant changes in the types of enemies from cutscene to final version. For a time Nomura was sure the battle would be cut completely due to the difficulty and time with getting it realized.

Worlds/areas that were cut/not used:
-Aforementioned Jungle Book world in BBS
-Aforementioned Pinocchio World in Days which would have Roxas and Xion gain hope for themselves upon learning about a puppet who could grow a heart.
-Originally Sora and Riku would go to different worlds in KH3D, most notably with The Grid and Symphony of Sorcery. One was to go to Space Paranoids while the other went to The Grid. For Symphony of Sorcery one's world would be based on Fantasia and the other based on Fantasia 2000.
-There was world concept art for a Toy Story world for KH1.
-In KH1 there was an area of the End of the World called "Crumbling Island" which was cut at the last minute. It was intended to be one of the areas where you fight Ansem.
-Originally Disney Castle could be playable in KH1 as shown by the beta trailer, but in the final version Sora cannot travel there.

Cut Character Appearances:
-I believe there was talking head art made for Meg and Hades for the Coliseum in Days that were never used.
-Tinker Bell also had talked head art for Days that never goes used because she is made mute in the game.
-There is an unfinished model of Pleakly from Lilo and Stitch in BBS, suggesting he was originally going to appear in Deep Space.
-As shared in an image by Anagram, there was a different concept for the final boss in KH2 called The King in which Xemnas possessed the skyscrapers.

-Originally Sora's heart would interact with Ventus before Sora was born, but due to opinions overseas that the heart/soul doesn't exist until birth this was changed so Sora was a newly born heart.

I feel like I'm forgetting some but there's a bunch :3

Sorry. >.<
Oh don't apologize! It's still content not in the game and it's still interesting to see and think about.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
Some stuff I remember off the top of my head:

Some stuff from earlier trailers of KH2 that didn't make it into the game:
-A scene on the Great Crest of HB where the Org members appear and Sora attacks one of them (according to translations at the time, this member was supposed to be Riku)
-A scene in the basement of the mansion where Donald fires a Blizzard spell at Goofy and it hits the pods and bounces back and freezes Donald.
-The aforementioned Heartless battle saw significant changes in the types of enemies from cutscene to final version. For a time Nomura was sure the battle would be cut completely due to the difficulty and time with getting it realized.

Worlds/areas that were cut/not used:
-Aforementioned Jungle Book world in BBS
-Aforementioned Pinocchio World in Days which would have Roxas and Xion gain hope for themselves upon learning about a puppet who could grow a heart.
-Originally Sora and Riku would go to different worlds in KH3D, most notably with The Grid and Symphony of Sorcery. One was to go to Space Paranoids while the other went to The Grid. For Symphony of Sorcery one's world would be based on Fantasia and the other based on Fantasia 2000.
-There was world concept art for a Toy Story world for KH1.
-In KH1 there was an area of the End of the World called "Crumbling Island" which was cut at the last minute. It was intended to be one of the areas where you fight Ansem.
-Originally Disney Castle could be playable in KH1 as shown by the beta trailer, but in the final version Sora cannot travel there.

Cut Character Appearances:
-I believe there was talking head art made for Meg and Hades for the Coliseum in Days that were never used.
-Tinker Bell also had talked head art for Days that never goes used because she is made mute in the game.
-There is an unfinished model of Pleakly from Lilo and Stitch in BBS, suggesting he was originally going to appear in Deep Space.
-As shared in an image by Anagram, there was a different concept for the final boss in KH2 called The King in which Xemnas possessed the skyscrapers.

I feel like I'm forgetting some but there's a bunch :3

Oh don't apologize! It's still content not in the game and it's still interesting to see and think about.

I remember from some Beta Trailers, that TT/TT.exe was actually supposed to be much bigger.
And I remember the whole Roxas vs. Sora fight being different. The Samurais would've built a kinda circle and Sora and Roxas would fight in it. (or something like that, I will have to look it up later)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I remember from some Beta Trailers, that TT/TT.exe was actually supposed to be much bigger.
And I remember the whole Roxas vs. Sora fight being different. The Samurais would've built a kinda circle and Sora and Roxas would fight in it. (or something like that, I will have to look it up later)
I'm not sure about TT, but for trailers Roxas and Sora run at each other and try to strike and this was changed for the game.

For those interested here are the major early KH2 trailers:

(notice how it isn't until the last one that there is voice acting?)

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
lol audo i forgot about hollow bastion in kh2, i remember when the trailer dropped i was so hype. they gotta bring the castle back in III.

Anagram

Banned
Not sure why but a part of me always wishes they had kept the Neoshadows in there.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
in where? they were in kh1 fm, kh2, and com.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
oh okay. i agree too, a lot of things could have been improved and thats part of the reason DLC would be good, for special missions like a recreation of the 1000 heartless battle or the xemnas giant fight.

Anagram

Banned
oh okay. i agree too, a lot of things could have been improved and thats part of the reason DLC would be good, for special missions like a recreation of the 1000 heartless battle or the xemnas giant fight.

True but DLC is usually a gateway to pitiful practices as well. Such as F13-2's "true ending". I'd prefer they just add it in but meh.
Data 1000 Heartless battle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back