• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chances of One Giving-Up During the Exam?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Since a portion of DDD will be Sora and Riku taking their MoM Exam a lot of people have been wondering who would pass, and/or,fail. Specifically I was wondering what the probability would be that one, or even both, would give-up during the Exam. Since we know next to nothing right now it's hard to say what any possibilities might be for that, but I'm curious about what people think of the chances that someone might give-up.

Last edited:

vnnk

Re: Chances of One Tossing the Exam?

Yen Sid will pull the typical wise master thing when one will think they have failed but in reality they have passed and learned a lesson and im guessing that will be towards Riku

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

If I remember Eraqus's statements correctly there are no winners or losers as the exam isn't a competition.

Furthermore, we know by now the MoM will only be a portion of KH 3D...as of now I tend more to believe that either something will interfere with the exam or that the exam will be handled during the first third of the game with the rest going about an other quest.

VentusVictory

Awards
Riding the Battle Subway to Gamestop for Dissidia

Tossing the exam wouldn't make sense.

1. It is just a qualification to be known as Keyblade Master, so who would pass it up.

2. Eraqus said that although Aqua and Terra will fight each other, both could possibly become masters, not just the winner. If it wasn't so, I could see Riku throwing the exam so that Sora would win, but it's not like that.

Honestly, Riku would throw it if it would help Sora, but Sora wouldn't throw it.

Ruran

Awards

If I remember Eraqus's statements correctly there are no winners or losers as the exam isn't a competition.

Furthermore, we know by now the MoM will only be a portion of KH 3D...as of now I tend more to believe that either something will interfere with the exam or that the exam will be handled during the first third of the game with the rest going about an other quest.

Oh right, I worded that wrong (I'll fix it), and "toss" probably wasn't the best word to use either. I guess what I'm asking is if it's a possibity that one would give-up on the Exam for one reasone or another and how or why one of them would give up the possibility of having the title of Master.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog

Im thinking one of them will throw it if the other one doesnt get it but im pretty sure Nomura knows that that would seem to typical so im thinking he might mix it up.

VentusVictory

Awards
Riding the Battle Subway to Gamestop for Dissidia

I think they'd only give it up if Kairi or someone else's life was hanging in the balance.

By the way Ruran, I know the story behind your sig;

It all took place midway through KH2:
Axel wanted Roxas to exist again, so he tricked Sora into playing Wii. When Square Enix realized that he was cheating on them with SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL they attacked him. Axel and the newly awakened Roxas come upon Sora's fading existance.

Ruran

Awards

I think they'd only give it up if Kairi or someone else's life was hanging in the balance.

If there's some sort of secret that Sora and Riku could learn only through becoming masters that Xehanort(or some form of him) didn't want them to have access to I could see it happening that way.

By the way Ruran, I know the story behind your sig;

It all took place midway through KH2:
Axel wanted Roxas to exist again, so he tricked Sora into playing Wii. When Square Enix realized that he was cheating on them with SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL they attacked him. Axel and the newly awakened Roxas come upon Sora's fading existance.[/QUOTE]

Death caused because Sora played Super Smash Bros Brawl. AWSOME!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The title itself isn't worth that much except bragging rights...the exclusive knowledge coming with it is the true prize.

And this is what I would want to see, how Sora and Riku handle this delicate information.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
The title itself isn't worth that much except bragging rights...the exclusive knowledge coming with it is the true prize.

And this is what I would want to see, how Sora and Riku handle this delicate information.
what info the stuff on keyholes?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
what info the stuff on keyholes?

Aqua for example, when she became a Master, gained access to the secrets of the Land of Departure. It all depends on what kind of exclusive secrets Yen Sid has for them.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Aqua for example, when she became a Master, gained access to the secrets of the Land of Departure. It all depends on what kind of exclusive secrets Yen Sid has for them.
Interesting I hadn't considered that considering Yen sid is mister wisdom that should be interesting.

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area
What I want to know is what exactly is the benefit of even passing the exam? Is it just the title and that's it? It doesn't seem to have any effect on the wielder's strength...

Edit: I don't buy into this "exclusive knowledge" business. If they really needed Riku and Sora to know something, they could just tell them. If they're banking on them passing to begin with then what's even the point?

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
What I want to know is what exactly is the benefit of even passing the exam? Is it just the title and that's it? It doesn't seem to have any effect on the wielder's strength...

Edit: I don't buy into this "exclusive knowledge" business. If they really needed Riku and Sora to know something, they could just tell them. If they're banking on them passing to begin with then what's even the point?
My guess is that the MoM will give them something that we've never seen/heard of before, or Nomura is using it as a plot device to hide something that is much bigger that will happen later. I think he did say that it will be quite strange/surprising, right?
I'm guessing it's the latter. But if it's the first one, then I'm pretty sure it will be some super special power that will make Sora even more of a Jesus, lol.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
One can bet it has to do with several additional things that can be done with the keyblade, the things mentioned by Xehanort in BBS are surely only the tip of the iceberg. There's a reason the debriefing of Aqua by Eraqus was not shown fully...
Furthermore it might be more information on the heart, memories, dreams and how the universe and life itself functions...highly classified information that in wrong hands can be exceptionally dangerous.

Because of this, only beings who have proven to be of exceptionally strong heart (that's the true requirement, not battle power or compete with the other test candidates) and therefore gained the title of master can be entrusted with that information.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Only possibility I see is that Riku gives up because he can't take Xehanort's Heartless troubling him anymore, or maybe the chance that Xemnas just ****s with Sora's mind that he can't take it anymore.

localorange

This could be because I'm a big fan of the Terra-Riku bond, but has anyone mentioned in threads the idea of Riku gradually taking up a massive role because of his connection to Terra? While it's pretty clear that Sora is going to be the one to ultimately save everyone in the end, I really don't think he has the mindset and the proper tools to go and directly save him from Xehanort. Riku, on the other hand, does. He's got a very clear understanding of light and dark, and has managed to succeed where Terra failed. Something could always happen to make Xehanort take an interest in Riku, re-opening the old wounds in his heart the darkness created and as a result, Riku ends up 'finding' Terra.

He might end up going on his own path to get Terra back that could result in a great deal of confusion for a lot of people, and make him end up ditching the exam.

Another option could be along the lines of what many people seem to be saying: Vanitas makes an appearance that will directly harm Sora.

But in the end, I have doubts that either of them are going to end up giving up on the exam. One of the things that struck me about the BBS characters was that in one way or another, they were all very sheltered compared to the likes of Sora, Riku, and Kairi. If Sora and Riku were given the kind of exam that Eraqus gave Aqua and Terra, they'd be Keyblade masters already.

I do think perhaps, that Sora will struggle a bit more on whatever Yen Sid has in mind than Riku. Riku has done a lot of traveling and has dealt with a lot of heavy issues on his own. We know Mickey helped him, but we don't know how much. Sora, at one point or another, has always and constantly relied on friends. Yes, his friends are his power, but they're always quite literally there. I can't remember Sora having to deal with something and relying on his friends, but without them actually being there, in the same way we've seen Aqua do it during the secret episodes while she was in the RoD.

I hope this all makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back