• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chances Of KHIII Winning Awards?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Before KHIII was released, I strongly believed that it would be nominated for awards and probably be crowned Game of the Year. After the release and the scathing feedback and criticisms that it received, I fear that it may be thrown to the side. Does anyone who is more knowledgeable about gaming awards have any idea what is the likelihood of KHIII being nominated for anything?

AR829038

Awards
Well, the critics took pretty well to it, so there is that chance it could still get nominated at least. It was mostly the diehard fans that unfortunately had the harshest backlash against the game. But, if game awards are anything like the Emmys or the Oscars, I think it's quite plausible that it could get nominated just on the enthusiastic critical response alone.

Amadeus

Awards
For all the criticism it got, KH3 also got a fair amount of praise. I know I would give it an award, lol. It really depends on the people nominating and voting on the awards. Like AR said, KH3 was a critical success, so it should have a decent shot at anything run by critics. It might flounder in popular choice polls, but I think Critical Mode helped assuage a lot of technical/gameplay complaints, so it might not fare too bad in that arena either.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
For something like The Game Awards, games are nominated and voted for by major media outlets. Everyone debates among themselves on what games to nominate for each category, and then they submit their choices to be tallied. The top nominations would then become eligible to win via vote by a jury of representatives from said outlets.

For KH3 to win an award, it needs to have been played by enough people who like it enough to fight for it. That's... really not very many.

I think it'll be nominated a fair number of times for say, Best RPG, but I'd be very surprised if it actually wins anything.

2 quid is good

Awards
I could see it winning an award for soundtrack. Even with many remixes it blows contemporary competition out the water imo

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
When are the awards shows anyway? This will be the only year I care about them because I want to see if KH3 wins Game of the Year.

Back