• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chain of Memories Was the Best Game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tremolo

You know I'm coming when you here a bing!
I'm mainly speaking story-wise. The card system is hard at first, but after that it's fun.
Anyway, I strongly believe that Chain of Memories had the best story and script out KHI and KHII.
In the KHI and KHII the whole focus is finding your friend or friends.
Same with Chain of Memories, but when they added the "memory" part, everything changed.
The trio(and Jiminy) soon learned upon entering Castle Oblivion that as they keep trying to find their friends they would also lose their memories. This could be dangerous. They could forget certain things. Important things.
That just made this game all the more intense.
And then they include Namine. Now at first, you might think that Namine actually did exist on the islands with Sora when they were little. But then you find out it was a lie. It changes your thinking.
Chain of Memories was also so great because they added very interesting characters such as Axel and DiZ(Ansem the Wise).
I loved though, watching the cutscenes in the remake. There's scenes where it's actually just adults talking. It's invigorating. And so much darker than KHI or KHII. The Disney world experiences aren't as awkward or annoying in CoM.
My favorite part of it was the overall setting. Castle Oblivion was truly a beautifully designed world. Simple, but ethereal.
And no one try to downplay CoM, either.
People who didn't play it before KHII were confused by a few things, meaning that it is important.

So anyway, does anyone agree with me? I mean, maybe it's not the best Kingdom Hearts game for playing reasons, but for intense story and darkness it rocked.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I must say KH1 is my favorite, as the Disney aspect of CoM is... sub-par, but I really do ADORE the game. Magnificent Organization Members, and the whole Namine plot is the best. :3

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I happened to like how they kind of incorporated memory into the Disney worlds. It was cool that they changed it from the first game.

They did use Namine's influence well, I agree.
But the Disney Worlds themselves were re-hashes of KH1, only not as good. They were only put in there because they had to be. The only thing that kept me hacking and slashing through each of the floors was the promise of some glorious plot in between the halls.

Tremolo

They did use Namine's influence well, I agree.
But the Disney Worlds themselves were re-hashes of KH1, only not as good. They were only put in there because they had to be. The only thing that kept me hacking and slashing through each of the floors was the promise of some glorious plot in between the halls.

Yeah, it was a constant. You always knew something with the plot was going to be developed further once you reached the next floor.

Awards
I felt Sora's storyline was nothing outstanding (very good, but nothing that blew me away) and that the Disney plots were bad.

Even if you worship the ground that the original storyline walks on, I still see it as no excuse. No self-respecting Disney fan would consider the Disney storylines even remotely as good as KH1 or KH2.

What happens when a movie has some extraordinary scenes with the bulk of it being mediocre? It gets panned. A reasonable critic, taking into account the whole movie and not just the scenes they find preferable would find that, overall, the movie isn't that great. Shed the weight of those worse scenes, then maybe we're talking. Except that didn't happen.

Tremolo

I felt Sora's storyline was nothing outstanding (very good, but nothing that blew me away) and that the Disney plots were bad.

Even if you worship the ground that the original storyline walks on, I still see it as no excuse. No self-respecting Disney fan would consider the Disney storylines even remotely as good as KH1 or KH2.

What happens when a movie has some extraordinary scenes with the bulk of it being mediocre? It gets panned. A reasonable critic, taking into account the whole movie and not just the scenes they find preferable would find that, overall, the movie isn't that great. Shed the weight of those worse scenes, then maybe we're talking. Except that didn't happen.

I guess it could get monotonous. I see your point.
Chain of Memories actually seems to be more formatted like a book.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Lol,i didn't really even give a damn about fighting i just wanted to know what happen next so i was alway's rushing to see the next cutscene.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

Pretty much this (although I did think Sora's story was outstanding). The Disney was horrendous. But other things make up for it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH 1 had that charm and mysterious feel to it that drew me in and made me fall in love with the series. CoM, with it's slightly dark and angsty feel, just reinforced my love of KH. KH2......It had great potential but fell shot in my opinion. The story felt too simple and more like a filter than a story that finished the thought of CoM.

So if I had to choose from the three KH1 will always be my first love and CoM will be my other lover. KH2 will be the one-night-stand...

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
I personnally like the games in this order:

KHII
KHI
KH:CoM
KH:Re:CoM

Even though CoM is pretty low, I still love it like a child. Its like my list for future games I'm excited about in order:

BBS
Days
Coded

Even though its last, I'm still pretty excited for coded\

As for everyone hating on KHII, I don't know what the deal is. I personally LOVE KHII, mostly cuz it was so easy...

kh nobody

I loved kh Re:com cause 1 you can play as riku 2 it offers the challange of cards and 3 its grafics are better than kh2

(reason 1 and 2 are why i love kh com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back