• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

'Chain of Memories' on the 3DS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
My friend and I were talking about the future games in the series and we talked about 'Chain of Memories' so I wondered to myself "What system's games would work on the 3DS?"
A quick google search meant that, unfortunately, Gameboy games won't work because they took the Gameboy cartridge slot out. Certain Gameboy games, however, would be avaliable for download in a Gameboy section on the 3DS store.
My question is, do you think SE would allow CoM to be bought off an online store, or would they not allow it?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Disney or Square Enix had issues with Birth by Sleep on the PSN, whats to stop them making the same choice here.

I'm all for it. It allows more people to play it and so us EU/PAL people can stop complaining about not having a CoM game(the original did come, but many people didn't play it)

Beyer

I am all for it myself, I really don't see why not. Having games all in an easy to access online store makes things a lot easier, especially when the games aren't being made anymore, making it harder to find copies. I am a big fan of 'classic game' type online, or even real life, stores that make old games avaliable. The PSN has been amazing with FFs 7-9 and Tactics...despite my lack of PS3 or PSP to use it...yet.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
For a moment I thought you meant some unholy second remake and was all "what is this I don't even-"

But if it'll be on the store, why the hell not. Though GBA games on the 3DS... kind of sounds like using a highly advanced and ridiculously expensive futeristic space shuttle to launch a mouse to Mars.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
For a moment I thought you meant some unholy second remake and was all "what is this I don't even-"
No haha. Unless... *looks at "mystery game"*

But if it'll be on the store, why the hell not. Though GBA games on the 3DS... kind of sounds like using a highly advanced and ridiculously expensive futeristic space shuttle to launch a mouse to Mars.

haha it does xD
I really hope they do it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
CoM on the download store & a quick port of BbS, all handheld KH games playable on 1 system finally!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
If they want to make some extra cash, I don't see why this wouldn't happen.

Radon

mofo
The reason they didn't make BBS available on PSN was because it allowed it to be pirated easier. I truely doubt they're worried about CoM being pirated now.

State

Awards
You just made me think that a render of Sora will be using the cards right in front of me.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They're considering porting Crisis Core.
lol, "Re:Birth By Sleep Final Mix"
Probably wont happen.
It wouldn't. Games been released enough as it
The reason they didn't make BBS available on PSN was because it allowed it to be pirated easier. I truely doubt they're worried about CoM being pirated now.
Which is one of the reasons why I think it is possible for this game to be released and be experienced by even a wider audience.
You just made me think that a render of Sora will be using the cards right in front of me.
Say whaaa?

Relix

A traveler
Awards
It's possible if they wanna bother and make some quick cash but I don't think they'll do it. And if they do they probably won't shout it on the mountain tops. You'll probably just browse through it and go "hey they got CoM on here. How nice."

bennett999

Right now the only way that Chain of Memories gets on the 3Ds is if Square-Enix remakes it. Nintendo right now does not want any Gameboy Advance games in the E shops Virtual Console because they are mad due to people bugging them to put Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, Pokémon Fire Red, Leaf Green, and Emerald. Also Iwata wants the Gameboy Advance games on the WIIU to boost sales

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Whoo, this is an old thread. We appreciate the opinion, but this has been inactive since 2011.

Nintendo actually has a Virtual Console schedule set and the GBA emulator for the 3DS isn't exactly up to snuff. Not to mention their Ambassador's Program offered a bunch of "exclusive" GBA VC games so they want to keep that exclusivity for whatever inane reason. It has nothing to do with the Wii U or that Iwata is upset about anything.

Anyways, this thread is closed. Make a new one if you'd like to discuss CoM on VC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back