• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Certain YouTubers get 6,000 jewels FREE from Square Enix!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards
Pigginatti (Duj2) and MonsterDFace both got free 6,000 jewels from SE!

I wonder if it was because of some of the players that were there streaming live?

This may not be a good precedent...

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards
I can see it, in a way. Personally, I get great entertainment value from Pigginatti and also Smelly Octopus. Pigginatti does sooo much streaming and has probably been an impact for many players. It isn't like he asked for SE to send him the jewels. Still, these "whales" can't really offer any real aid for regular players that are F2P or C2P because we will never be able to have those medals, let alone fully guilted.

So, I can see both sides of the coin.

Muke

whatever
Awards
It really doesn't matter whether they asked them to send them Jewels or not. The fact that they are getting free Jewels is upsetting and annoying and it just shouldn't be the case, since they're probably getting them just because they're YouTubers. I just reaaally don't like when developers do this (send 'special' people extra rewards etc.). Meh. It is what it is now. Hope this is a one time thing.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don't see any problem with this. YouTubers are basically marketing SE products by streaming and talking about it. At least SE is being considerate and is giving them something in return.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I don't see any problem with this. YouTubers are basically marketing SE products by streaming and talking about it. At least SE is being considerate and is giving them something in return.
That's not being considerate, we call that "Arschkriecherei" in German

idk you guys. the least they can do? nah, come on, they don't owe them anything.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm fine with Youtubers getting extra jewels. They spend a lot of time marketing those products by playing and enjoying them. The problem about it is that NA players overall already have it harder than the JP community and this is like a slap in the face. "Here look, we can give out extra jewels. But only for marketing."

Like, even if you buy jewels when it's "extra jewels" week, you get like...what? 3000+50 or so? It's hilarious.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
they don't owe them anything.
Which is why they're being considerate: they don't owe them anything, but they wanted to surprise them with a small detail. Nothing wrong with that. By streaming what they're playing, they're indirectly creating publicity.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Which is why they're being considerate: they don't owe them anything, but they wanted to surprise them with a small detail. Nothing wrong with that. By streaming what they're playing, they're indirectly creating publicity.
okay, like, i get it. they are marketing the game, so se is rewarding them. i get the idea. but it's not like they need all those jewels, especially pigginatti is a whale anyway, so it's really a slap on the face (like void said) for na players who already don't have it easy. i'm just saying, he's already getting paid for playing the game.

The problem about it is that NA players overall already have it harder than the JP community and this is like a slap in the face. "Here look, we can give out extra jewels. But only for marketing."

Like, even if you buy jewels when it's "extra jewels" week, you get like...what? 3000+50 or so? It's hilarious.
t h i s

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Gotta agree with Muke here, this is diddlying unfair. Games (or anything really) should not have favorites. Is SENA playing favorites? Hell yeah.

But they are advertising their content on Youtube! Cool, what about the dozens of other people who make videos of KHuX on Youtube? Do they get 6k Jewels? What about the hundreds of other people outside of Youtube who "promote" KHuX? Do they get 6k Jewels? No, I haven't heard of that happening. Seems unfair only giving 2 of them 6k Jewels.

Seriously, there are so many games out there and every game has people talking about it on Youtube, or outside of it, and this is the first time I've heard of the game giving those people a reward for "promoting" their content. Without officially being sponsored by the game of course.

And I don't think this a good idea in general. People make channels and talk about games because they like it, not because they expect a reward. But if SENA seriously is going to start giving people rewards for "promoting" their games, I bet there will be a lot of people who will try to take advantage of that. And instead of genuinely caring about the game and actually bringing good content to their followers, they are just there for the reward. That really changes the mood, and can really change a community. Because apparently people watch these guys for the community (which I honestly cannot understand, why watch someone play a game when you can play it yourself?)

Muke

whatever
Awards
Gotta agree with Muke here, this is diddlying unfair. Games (or anything really) should not have favorites. Is SENA playing favorites? Hell yeah.

But they are advertising their content on Youtube! Cool, what about the dozens of other people who make videos of KHuX on Youtube? Do they get 6k Jewels? What about the hundreds of other people outside of Youtube who "promote" KHuX? Do they get 6k Jewels? No, I haven't heard of that happening. Seems unfair only giving 2 of them 6k Jewels.

Seriously, there are so many games out there and every game has people talking about it on Youtube, or outside of it, and this is the first time I've heard of the game giving those people a reward for "promoting" their content. Without officially being sponsored by the game of course.

And I don't think this a good idea in general. People make channels and talk about games because they like it, not because they expect a reward. But if SENA seriously is going to start giving people rewards for "promoting" their games, I bet there will be a lot of people who will try to take advantage of that. And instead of genuinely caring about the game and actually bringing good content to their followers, they are just there for the reward. That really changes the mood, and can really change a community. Because apparently people watch these guys for the community (which I honestly cannot understand, why watch someone play a game when you can play it yourself?)
giphy.gif

This deserves a clap-gif.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm sorry but this hating sounds a tad bit too much like envy to me. Like, I get the idea, it sucks to be a player who has to fight for every single jewel because we get like half as much per week as JP, but saying that others shouldn't get jewels just has a bitter taste to me.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
There are standards and practices that marketing teams do that are within ethics, specifically if it's something that they do for influencers within certain spaces and if anyone is influential in youtube, it's gamers.

Most review-based journalists are given free copies of games or incentives within them for review or showcase purposes, including KHI. 6000 jewels isn't super far off from the cost of a game, but since I know nothing about these youtubers or why they came across these jewels, it's all speculation on ethics in a situation we're not involved in and I'm not comfortable with that, regardless of which view you have.

And as such, it's not fair for there to be a topic complaining about it. So, this will be closed now. KHI is not going to turn into a forum where we begin to tear apart influencers and reviewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back