• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Certain scene from the Days movie and KH3 Epilogue

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

zekro94

Awards
I don't know if it's still considered a spoiler but read it after seeing the epilogue so here I go.

We now know that Xigbar is Luxu from the age of fairy tales, we also know that Ventus existed in that time. Now onto the main thing I'm getting at, remember this scene from 358/2 Days?

Xigbar says "What a blast from the past"

What if.... what if he means the past from KH Union Cross?

I know it might be a stretch but I see it as Nomura connecting those two things in such a coincidental way. That man can't just plan that far ahead, can he?

Perkilator

Awards
I think he moreso meant the events of Birth by Sleep. But then again, he probably WILL meet Ven as Luxu at one point in the χ saga, but either hooded or with a different face.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
He’s stated a few times back then that all those callbacks were specifically to BBS, but if he changes his mind and applies them to UX, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah, given the details we got about him in the secret reports. I feel like he's bound to encounter the new union leaders or something. I have a hard time imagining him not somehow being involved of 3 of the 5 leaders ending up in the Birth By Sleep era.

It'd be an odd coincidence if they were both active in the Fairy Tale era and BBS era and only intersected once in the BBS era.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
"So I did this thing, and now I did this thing. Hey ya know what? I'll put both things together!"
-every writer everywhere

I wouldn't exactly call it planned. Nomura did know he wanted Xigbar to be more than just any old dude, but what we got was something that developed over time.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It would be amazing if Ven comes across Luxu in KHUX and gives him a glare.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I mean the line in Days DS is different than in the Days movie so part of me wouldn’t be surprised if that change was intentional or just a translation thing or just nothing. But Nomura does have a tendency of making connections between less related things and they sometimes work and sometimes don’t so it could go either way.

Veevee

Awards
"So I did this thing, and now I did this thing. Hey ya know what? I'll put both things together!"
-every writer everywhere

I wouldn't exactly call it planned. Nomura did know he wanted Xigbar to be more than just any old dude, but what we got was something that developed over time.

Well, to be fair, most writers at least sprinkle hints here and there. Whether these are used to connect everything to something bigger later or just stand as separate little instances for themselves is another thing, but there is usually something, something which the reader can't put together yet. Nomura usually does nothing of that sort - Luxord was a pretty onedimensional guy in KH2 and KH3 who can basically be summed up with "likes games" and suddenly Nomura says "hey, look, that dude was in the Ux era, there were zero hints for that buuuut there were also zero hints against that because we know basically nothing about him!". Nomura's strategy in these things seems to be to leave everything as vague and bland as possible so he can slap some big reveal onto that later which always surprises people - not because they didn't expect the dots to line up in that way but because there were no dots whatsoever and Nomura just presents you the random stuff he has thought out while taking a dump.

To topic: As it had already been said, Nomura probably wanted Braig to be more than an old sarcastic dude, but I also believe the Days scenes were a nod to BBS. I was actually disappointed to Braig being Luxu because I would've found it much more compelling if - for once - there was some kind of reveal focusing on a new perspective or action or goal or whatever and that is not "haha! This person was that person all along! We don't know NOTHING about that person, so no need to get excited, but here we go!". I would've preferred if Braig was secretly building his own orga, being in cahoots with Marluxia and Larxene, looking for a way to get a keyblade or something. We know basically nothing about Luxu, the foretellers are pretty bland and we already had a main villain who did time-traveling and kind of a body-swapping, so how am I supposed to care about that kind of reveal?

Back