• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Castlevania Videogame Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
You just love making threads.

Konami inability to capitalize on the Netflix series' momentum is just sad. The show's essentially over with a spinoff coming & there isn't any word of a new game. Why will they be when that MGS film is out?

D

Deleted member 246005

I only played Lords of Shadow. The Netflix show is pretty good. I have to finish the last season.

LostArtist

Awards
I have one last episode left of the Netflix show S4. My brother played the psp game, Dracula x chronicles or something, maybe I should check the game series out :)

Awards
Aria of Sorrow is my personal favorite Castlevania game so this would be awesome. Unfortunately it will probably be Switch exclusive so I won't be able to play it.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
tbh in gameplay hands down the best is Order of Ecclesia. or I vibe better with rocket tag gameplay style. in plot tho? Tie in between Symphony of the Night or Dawn of Sorrow. or I just really like family drama.

also the new animation is spin off.... oh dear, no. the new animation will be based on Rondo of Blood, followed by Symphony of the Night, with elements of Portrait of Ruin/Bloodlines that the historical event will actually affect the plot. Who knows if Marie Antoinette will be involved? Cause I at least know at least there are two japanese games where Anastasia Romanova is playable.

Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night canon to the IGA timeline as much Castlevania 3 was. Yes IGA did retcon Legends and Circle of the Moon, but Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night definitely canon to his timeline. Saying the new animation is spin off is like saying Dragon Ball GT or Jojo: Vento Aureo isn't canon. More importantly, Symphony of the Night has been put on pedestal due for being first IGA Castlevania game, Ayami Kojima's art, memetic voice acting, actually fleshing Dracula and Death, and some other stuff...

As for Lords of Shadow, it's a complete reboot that personally does not fit with my taste as my taste is more like Black Butler or Pandora Hearts.

Awards
With the announcement that Konami is collaborating with Bloober Team on a new Silent Hill (not officially announced but what else could it be) and the fact that Nintendo is giving Metroid fans both Prime 4 and Dread, I think Konami should treat Castlevania with the same respect and outsource two separate Castlevania games. A 3D game developed by FromSoftware in the style of the Soulsborne games (Bloodborne in particular), and a 2D game from an indie studio that has experience with those types of games (Ska Studios for example). It's the least that they could do to make up for lost time and apologize for the mistake of a mobile game.

Back