• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Castle slide

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
So, playing through Deep Jungle (I'm taking my sweet time with this game =) ) And a thought occurred. The part where Sora and everyone are looking at the slides for Tarzan, obviously we know why Sora recognized the castle, but why the hell was there a slide of it to begin with? Like, in another world. And it's a projector slide, which is pretty obscure technology. That confuses me.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Castle slide.

So, playing through Deep Jungle (I'm taking my sweet time with this game =) ) And a thought occurred. The part where Sora and everyone are looking at the slides for Tarzan, obviously we know why Sora recognized the castle, but why the hell was there a slide of it to begin with? Like, in another world. And it's a projector slide, which is pretty obscure technology. That confuses me.

It's not specifically the castle from Hollow Bastion, but just a generic nameless castle. The sight of a similar looking structure seems to be enough to resonate with Kairi.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Also, if you look closely in End of the World, that same image of the castle is present - almost as if it is in the far depths of EotW, which means it couldn't be the castle from Hollow Bastion because obviously it's still present when you travel back there.

As far as the technology (of the slide) goes, time flows differently in each world, and each world is more or less advanced than the other. In Birth by Sleep for example, you're in both the Mirage Arena and Deep Space, which are highly technologically advanced compared to places like Enchanted Dominion and Olympus Coliseum.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I love it when people say "It's because Ventus's memories" like hahahaha oh my god what are you THINKING

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well for one thing Ventus wasn't even conceived of yet in Nomura's mind.

Exactly, TAV were conceptualized while Nomura was working on KH 2, at the time of KH 1 Nomura was only thinking about stuff for Chain of Memories.

On the other hand it makes also in-universe less sense than it does with Kairi. Ventus' heart is crippled and asleep, all his memories are sealed away alongside his Keyblade while Kairi's heart is active and Sora sees glimpses of her memories (and feels her heart resonating within himself) more than once during KH 1.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Except it was still kept in Final Mix which is regarded as being the canonically correct version of the game. That's a problem. So, either the connection to Ventus is intentional or Nomura left in a MASSIVE plot hole when developing Final Mix!

Not really, Final Mix was made shortly after KH1. He still wouldn't have been thinking of Ven. Besides, Ven's heart was dormant and fast asleep. There's nothing in Final Mix to contradict Ven's existence...so?

Dr_Mario64

Not really, Final Mix was made shortly after KH1. He still wouldn't have been thinking of Ven. Besides, Ven's heart was dormant and fast asleep. There's nothing in Final Mix to contradict Ven's existence...so?

Well, that still doesn't answer the question. Being isolated on Destiny Island for most of his life, I doubt Sora would know what a castle is (much less see one) without some kind of external influence. Plus, there's the fact that out of all the slides that was the only one he had anything to say about. Something is definitely wrong here.

Beardman

Well, that still doesn't answer the question. Being isolated on Destiny Island for most of his life, I doubt Sora would know what a castle is (much less see one) without some kind of external influence. Plus, there's the fact that out of all the slides that was the only one he had anything to say about. Something is definitely wrong here.

Technically, he didn't say anything about it. The speech bubble showed a pause and Jane asked him what was wrong. Yes, he may still have thought about it but I'm probably just being a smartass. ;) lol My apologies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

That external reference being Kairi's heart recognizing its home world. Besides, the kids on Destiny Islands know what castles are, they drew one on the walls of the Secret Place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back