• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Castle Oblivion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

itsroxas

In BBS when Aqua locked away the Land Of Departure , Eraqus said that this was their sacred ground and balance for light and darkness but in Chain of Memories the Organization is there doing experiments with replicas and doing dark things and Marluxia turning into oversized monsters. So did they bypass this?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Nobodies, by nature, are actually closer to the alignment of twilight - being between the powers of light and dark. They are duplicitous and though, by nature might do "dark" things, they aren't wielders of darkness in the way Heartless are.

Having said that, the structure of Castle of Oblivion acts to disorient anyone who intrudes and isn't the chosen guard. The Organization did infiltrate the castle, but they didn't change the nature of the world itself, nor did they ever come across its keyhole in the chamber of waking.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
That nice balance that the Land of Departure had was kinda destroyed when Xehanort threw a giant sphere of destructive darkness into its atmosphere. By the time it's transformed into Castle Oblivion, it's still in the Realm of In-Between, but rather than being in a state of perfect balance, it's pretty much hanging on the edge of total darkness.

Luxu

Awards
Nobodies are nothingness given form, they are twilight as Tinny said. The whole light and dark thing of it, sealing the Keyhole just made it nearly impossible to find.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I wonder if Land of Departure had more people in it than just TAV and Eraqus. You'd think there would be villages or something, an empty world sounds unlikely. So assuming there were, what happened to all the people there? Did they all just turn into heartless or are they also stuck in Castle Oblivion somewhere?

Infamita

C'mon Cat, this is Birth By Sleep we're talking about. ;P

Although BBS is characterised by completely freaking empty worlds throughout the entire game, I actually think it's likely that Eraqus, Terra, Aqua, and Ven are the only ones that lived in their world. The Land of Departure was meant to be a training ground for keyblade wielders yes? Then in that case, it would make sense that they were the only ones there, unless of course there's a bunch of other keyblade wielders we don't know about :')

Muke

whatever
Awards
Guys, I feel like you are forgetting that the worlds are as empty in any other KH game

Infamita

Guys, I feel like you are forgetting that the worlds are as empty in any other KH game

True. But at least in the other games it's suggested that the worlds are full of people - we just don't see any of them. To be honest, I hope Square puts a little more effort into the worlds' people in KH3.

But speaking of The Land of Departure specifically, I think that world is different. I believe it was intentionally left empty, and that the 4 people mentioned prior were the world's sole inhabitants.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Yeah it's kind of hard to tell if a KH world is actually really empty, or if it just feels empty because all KH worlds do :D Can't remember much about the beginning of BBS but if LoD is really just a training place and not a huge, big world full of people then that would explain it.

Infamita

Yeah it's kind of hard to tell if a KH world is actually really empty, or if it just feels empty because all KH worlds do :D Can't remember much about the beginning of BBS but if LoD is really just a training place and not a huge, big world full of people then that would explain it.

Yea I think that's it (kinda pointless having such a big world for training though hey). But in other worlds like the Destiny Islands, Twilight Town, and Agrabah, we can see countless houses. It just seems kinda weird walking through Twilight Town, and seeing only 3-4 characters besides the main characters. I really hope they fix this in KH3.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Isn't it possible there's more to the world than what we see.

There can easily be a town of some sort in the far distance that hasn't been mentioned.

Infamita

There can easily be a town of some sort in the far distance that hasn't been mentioned.

Perhaps. But that would detract from the LoD's significance. If the LoD was a world centred around keyblade wielders, it would be strange to have a town filled with relatively normal people nearby yes? Wouldn't they become envious of the keyblade's power? Wouldn't that again incite darkness within the people's hearts?

Whilst it would have been nice to have seen other people, I believe their existences would have been thematically unviable.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

That's basically what I always thought, that the training ground we explore is just a small part of the world and that it has lots of villages and all that, and that Aqua and Terra grew up there. I mean, it's still possible, but we don't really have any hints of that, as far as I remember. If Castle Oblivion is returned back to LoD, maybe we'll see more then.

Muke

whatever
Awards

Exactly, just like Destiny Islands has so much more to it.

Bionic Puppy

What gets me a lot is that Terra, or Xeanhort decided to make C.O. his secondary base of operations which was also his old home. Its just like how he wanted a strong moraled Blue Haired one, Someone scarred by the Darkness and a keyblade weilder with strong ties to the light closest to him.

I'm looking forward to what SE has in store for this

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
What gets me a lot is that Terra, or Xeanhort decided to make C.O. his secondary base of operations which was also his old home. It's just like how he wanted a strong morale Blue Haired one, Someone scarred by the Darkness and a keyblade wielder with strong ties to the light closest to him.

I'm looking forward to what SE has in store for this

Whatever it is, it can't be good!

Ventus_

Awards
Nobodies, by nature, are actually closer to the alignment of twilight - being between the powers of light and dark.

Huh. I've never considered this definition of nobodies before. Does this define Twilight Town? Is every resident there; such as Pence and his gang a nobody?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Huh. I've never considered this definition of nobodies before. Does this define Twilight Town? Is every resident there; such as Pence and his gang a nobody?

Nah, it just demonstrates a balance of light and dark within the town. Twilight Town is dead in the middle of the realm, if I'm correct. Other worlds that are in this realm are Mysterious Tower and Land of Departure, it doesn't mean Eraqus or Yen Sid are nobodies.

Ventus_

Awards
Nah, it just demonstrates a balance of light and dark within the town. Twilight Town is dead in the middle of the realm, if I'm correct. Other worlds that are in this realm are Mysterious Tower and Land of Departure, it doesn't mean Eraqus or Yen Sid are nobodies.

I see, the term 'twilight' regardless of its application defines an area on the spectrum not a state of existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back