• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Castle Oblivion questions?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xelon99

Awards
So playing through CoM and Days lately I've been thinking... Without cards or Corridors, how does one move through the Castle? Do the doors open up at a random floor? A random memory? And how is it possible that the Organization still has not found Ventus, if they were able to use the Dark Corridors to basically move anywhere in the Castle without problem? So far we know only the Master Keeper is able to reset Castle Oblivion back to it's original Land of Departure, not any other keyblade.

Also, what about the layout? Is everything floored like we see in CoM? It basically being a staircase after staircase with doors in between, or are there any corners outside of the worlds inside? The same for the Basement and Top Floor rooms where the Organization resided. The rooms are basically the same through insides and have doors, thus are able to be reached through normal means. But I'm wondering where it all would be on a blueprint?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
No one but Aqua can find Ventus, that's the idea of Castle Oblivion.
Using Dark Corridors to move "anywhere" within the Castle doesn't mean squat because only the creator of the castle can find (and enter) that one room where both Ventus and the Keyhole of that world are located.

If it would be that easy, Xemnas would not have searched like a madman for the chamber and repeatedly send other members (particularily Axel) to search manually for it.

Considering that according to Eraqus everyone who is not Aqua will become "lost in Oblivion" when trying to traverse/explore the Castle, I would assume that the layout of Castle Oblivion's interior isn't fixed and thus cannot be blueprinted or mapped at all.
If that would be possible, I guess that Axel would have been clever enough to do that in order to avoid searching areas that he already had looked in.

Or as this conversation fittingly says:
Days said:
Saïx: You searched every room, I expect?

Axel: You're kidding, right? That's like counting grains of dust in a building full of sneezing people.

Xelon99

Awards
Hm... that's unfortunate... Basically that means that unless you have specific card of where you want to go, you'll have near nihil chance to get there?
Or would the rooms without cards work more like the Compass of Jack Sparrow, leading you to the room your heart wants to be most? Seeing how the Nobodies have no hearts, that would explain how they can't get anywhere they really want.

Though the only problems with this all is that D&G were able to get to Sora after the Destiny Islands world, and in a fast time! Or how the Organization members are able to move between places in a quite orderly matter, unless they'd be able to pinpoint their corridors on other beings in the Castle... which again counters the Ventus part...

I think there's a good chance we'll get more answers on that in KH3 though, seeing how Ventus should be waking up soon

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The card mechanic may have been an Organization contrivance, as outside of CoM we never see anyone use them to navigate the layout of the Castle. It's possible they set up the card system in order to navigate through the floors they could access. It's also possible it was a byproduct of Namine's magic, we can't take everything Marluxia said about the castle at face value because it was all a trap.

Basically, don't overthink it, the castle was created to confuse and ward off predators and I doubt Nomura has given it much thought outside of that.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
The card mechanic was just that, a mechanic. Nomura just has the tendency to try and make sense of the gameplay through the story - which makes close to 0 sense in this case.

I expect that they will bypass the card gameplay fiasco altogether in KH3 or they will have a convenient solution to it (Aqua will be with them, hence the layout, traversal mechanics will change).

Gram

Banned
Awards
The card mechanic was just that, a mechanic. Nomura just has the tendency to try and make sense of the gameplay through the story
This^

The cards, both world and gameplay, should just be considered a mechanic at this point. Something new Nomura was experimenting with.
I doubt we'll see this again, especially given CoM has even still the most hated gameplay in the series.

Xelon99

Awards
Well the reason I ask about it is because I'm planning to recreate the entire caste with interior as a project. Though if the rooms in between floors are for anyone but the Cardholders simply empty rooms and every room basically is a random, maybe a copy of itself, it'll be a confusing project as I rather not create the worlds Sora and Riku went to. I could use either the doors or corridors, but I rather have it being correct to the games and manga

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well the manga is non-canon to the games so anything in those wouldnt be right to begin with.
The worlds Sora sees in CoM are just illusions so with that alone you can gather most if not all the rooms look like the halls seen between each level in the game.
Though a project of nothing but repetitive white rooms and halls may not be a wise school project.

Xelon99

Awards
Well the manga is non-canon to the games so anything in those wouldnt be right to begin with.
The worlds Sora sees in CoM are just illusions so with that alone you can gather most if not all the rooms look like the halls seen between each level in the game.
Though a project of nothing but repetitive white rooms and halls may not be a wise school project.
Exactly. In the Manga right after Sora runs off for Destiny Islands, D&G go to him but only get white, empty rooms. Not very interesting to make... Though I could work with the generic hall they'd usually walk through and fix some tribute to Org 13 in there. With now and then a split path to other rooms, like the Basement or Top Floor. Or the Room of Awakening
It works that it's not for a school project per se... more for my own portfolio to just keep myself busy. So no deadline luckily

Gram

Banned
Awards
Having fixtures of Org members walking may be the only way to give CO something other than generic walls, not a bad idea actually.

Xelon99

Awards
I was more thinking of a sort of Gravestone or Silhouette in the rooms, with their weapon in a glass case and decorated with their element. Having the actual members walking around would be better, specially if I could make them use their regular poses. But I so far I've seen there aren't any models in the CoM style.. more MMD, IMVU or GMod. The latter is the best but those are fixed on Source coding, which makes animating them in my programs harder sadly.
Either way, even without those in between areas there will be the problem of the special rooms. Plus the connection from the first hall Sora walks in to basement Riku starts, as it's a one-way staircase. Probably just another illusion though. I could fix those things with either messing up the walls to allow connections or I could use transitions through Corridors or doors.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The generic white walls probably are the true interior of the castle, as we saw the halls of the castle without Sora's memories interfering in the top floor.

In coded when data Sora enters into castle oblivion, his memories of the worlds were projected onto the walls. We also see this when Ven is rushing through the flooding halls of Castle Oblivion in Birth by Sleep's opening. Even though these are questionable examples, it seems more fitting that those projected scenarios are more likely what happened to Sora than the hallucinations he played through in CoM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back