• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Castle Oblivion/Namine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ngc50

Awards
Ive always wondered about how Sora really lost his memories in COM. Obviously Namine put in new memories, but IDK if the castle itself had anything to do with Sora actually losing the old ones.
Like in the beginning of the game, Marluxia basically tells Sora that the castle is erasing his memory, but we find out later that Namine is the reason he is losing his memories. WTF?!

So I guess my question is: Did Sora lose his memories because of the castle, or Namine? Or both? Or did the castle just erase memories while Namine implanted new ones?

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I think it was both. In the game, the further Sora goes, everytime he finds a memory, he loses another. In the manga and the game I think, they start forgetting about Hollow Bastion. Namine, in my opinion, replaced Kairi in his memory with her and added a few new ones to make them seem they were more connected. So he lost his memories of Kairi cause of Namine and lost memories of his friends and a few worlds cause of the castle.

MDK Phoshterxic

Website
www.myspace.com
I think Marluxia just said that to scare Sora, thinking the Castle was cursed, or haunted or something rather, but it was Namine all along, Sora thinking it was the Castle getting hopefully freaked out and such, making him easier [ he hoped ] for Marluxia to defeat.

Xayn

It never actually says if it was the castle or Naminé does it? I always assumed that Naminé was behind all of the memory erasing. How could you just build a castle that erases people's memories? If the castle did that in the first place, they wouldn't need Naminé.

Marluxia said what he said to make Sora and co. think that it was the castle. If he said "In this castle there is a girl who is deleting and re-writing your memories..." then Marluxia's plan may not have been executed the way he wanted it to.

wizy123

happy town bobachusits. of course it only exists i
i think Marluxia said that so that Sora and the others would not start wondering about memory loss. but i do think it could be possible for the castle to erase the memories... it is kingdome hearts anything is possible. but i think it had mostly to do with Namine, mabye the castle was just a backup

venaquaterra

i think that the castle is just another, boring, old castle... who the heck would want to paint every single frickin wall and pillar and ceiling and floor white? anyway, it was Namine. probably the further Sora got in, it would be harder to get out. Once they started to forget their memories, Sora just happens to be SO FRCKIN STUBBORN that he continues. Organization XIII probably knew this (Roxas) so they made it a two way trap. Either way, Sora loses in the end... *cough* just kidding. but anyhoozers. Namine's fault. Boring old white castle has nothing to do with it. Just kinda freaky, that's all.
If the castle could do this, why should Namine be inside the castle? Hence proving this theory.

wizy123

happy town bobachusits. of course it only exists i
namine could put the memories into sora as the castle takes them away. because Marluxia said that the memories vanish the more you go into it. so Namine would put new memories into the person that is loseing them. and plus how would each card work if the castle had nothing to do with it?

Anagram

Banned
if the castle erased memories it would've erased the org. members of their time as humans.
And riku was in the castle and didn't forget anything.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
As said about, Marluxia just said that to scare Sora. Sora wasn't supposed to know Namine existed (at least at that point), so Marluxia said that to explain him losing memories, and the "gaining new memories" was also Namine. Basically if Sora knew at that time it was just Namine messing with his memories, he wouldn't have believed as much as he did so easily. Namine has control over Sora's memories and those connected to him, not the castle. Marluxia was obviously lying just to make his plan go smoother. If he were telling the truth, he would have included Namine's name one way or another.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
based on the card battle system, the castle has some power (and I think someone mentioned that they had just recently found the castle, meaning it might be older than the Organization) but I'm going with the idea that memories were Namine

HeartlesGuardian

If the castle was responsible for erasing memories then why do Axel, Marluxia, Namine and everyone else not suffer from memory loss?

Stars

リク
Originally... Castle Oblivion is able to make someone lose memories...
Namine could only re-arrange Sora's memories, right?Not exactly make him lose memories.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
Riku didn't lose his memory, if the castle had this power, Zexion would have modified Riku's mind.

I'd say the Castle has still a big role... Maybe linked with MX.

Stars

リク
Riku didn't lose his memory, if the castle had this power, Zexion would have modified Riku's mind.

I'd say the Castle has still a big role... Maybe linked with MX.

Riku didn't lose his memories is bcoz...ee..Ansem? I dunno. XD
Yeah. It could be MX 's castle.

[√]Genuflect
It was Namine's Fault.
The Only Power We know that the Castle Can Do is using the Cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back