• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Castle Oblivion/Namine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
To fairly honest with you, I don't think it was the castle that did it considering that though he went up and down and though Marluxia had told him, "to find is to lose" I think it was that Namine had been the affect considering when she stopped, Sora's memories weren't lost anymore or something like that and that Namine but then again, from what I read, I think it's probably the castle itself had an effect in some other ways such as when he keeps going up and all...

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Originally... Castle Oblivion is able to make someone lose memories...
Namine could only re-arrange Sora's memories, right?Not exactly make him lose memories.

No, she can't, but as she explained to Sora, he never "lost" his memories in the first place. She undid the chains that linked them together, put some new ones in that featured her, and basically rearranged things so that he couldn't recall Kairi or anyone besides Riku, Donald, and Goofy. That's why she told him that she could restore his memory, because she just had to find the old ones and put it back together again.

As others have already stated, this was all Namine's doing, not the castle. I'm sure the castle has many secrets, but I don't think memory loss is one of them. Even if it had no effect on Nobodies, something should have happened to Riku, DiZ, or King Mickey. But nothing did.

Keyblade Spirit

Kay, here's how it works. The cards control everything in the castle. Whoever controls the cards controls the castle. A person needs cards to progress through the castle, and those cards can be created from said person's memory. So, the castle has a connection to memory. Namine' appeared there, according to Nomura. Namine' is the reason that Sora and co.'s memories were rearranged. The castle only projects people's memories to them. All of this is pure Fact of Canon and Word of Nomura. No theorizing involved. Now, my theory is that Castle Oblivian is somehow connected to Namine's powers. And it only affects Sora and those connected to him because she came out of Sora, but the heart she came from was not Sora's.

Last edited:

XShadowSoraX

Namine Was Able To Rearange Memories Yet Also Add New Ones For There Were Cut Scenes Which Never Happned..
And I Belive It Was Both The Castle And Namine For Riku Didnt Lose Memories As Ansem Wasn't Letting Him.. ??

Mabye

wizy123

happy town bobachusits. of course it only exists i
the sad thing is sora wont remember Namine or any of them it is so sad! Namine is so cool and sweet that i want to hug her. she didnt know better. oh well.... anyway the castle have we agreed on it being magical or not.... well it has to be if it is controled with cards and how could sora and Riku miss each other

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
As far as we know, Castle Oblivion had nothing to do with Sora's memory loss. Namine just used her powers to rearrange Sora's "chain of memories".

However, Castle Oblivion's true prupose is shrouded in mystery. Organization XIII was there because they happened upon it and Xemnas sent six members there to do experiments. Obviously, we know that the rooms of the castle become the environments from one's memory. But my question is, why does Organization XIII care? I think that Castle Oblivion's origin and purpose will be brought up again in Birth by Sleep or KHIII, as it obviously has some connection with Xehanort's memories.

Ragnarocker

Ive always wondered about how Sora really lost his memories in COM. Obviously Namine put in new memories, but IDK if the castle itself had anything to do with Sora actually losing the old ones.
Like in the beginning of the game, Marluxia basically tells Sora that the castle is erasing his memory, but we find out later that Namine is the reason he is losing his memories. WTF?!

So I guess my question is: Did Sora lose his memories because of the castle, or Namine? Or both? Or did the castle just erase memories while Namine implanted new ones?

The castle itself makes people lose memories. Namine only changed them and put fake ones.

~ragnarok

Zesty

The Darkness Flame
Inside the Darkness, just under the light
Website
www.myspace.com
Ive always wondered about how Sora really lost his memories in COM. Obviously Namine put in new memories, but IDK if the castle itself had anything to do with Sora actually losing the old ones.
Like in the beginning of the game, Marluxia basically tells Sora that the castle is erasing his memory, but we find out later that Namine is the reason he is losing his memories. WTF?!

So I guess my question is: Did Sora lose his memories because of the castle, or Namine? Or both? Or did the castle just erase memories while Namine implanted new ones?

Wrong
Namine didn't give him new memories, just wiped his memory clear of Castle Oblivion

The whole thing with the castle, the further Sora adavnced the more he lost his memory. The reason Riku didn't is cause she didn't know about him until he was on the 9th basement? and by that time most of the members were gone, since Marluixa was wiped on the 6th basement (Riku's Story)

Namine has the ability to manipulate the memories of Sora and those close to him, the castle was a cover up for her being forced to wipe his mind to make him a puppet for Marluixa to takeover the Organization.

wizy123

happy town bobachusits. of course it only exists i
Wrong
Namine didn't give him new memories, just wiped his memory clear of Castle Oblivion

The whole thing with the castle, the further Sora adavnced the more he lost his memory. The reason Riku didn't is cause she didn't know about him until he was on the 9th basement? and by that time most of the members were gone, since Marluixa was wiped on the 6th basement (Riku's Story)

Namine has the ability to manipulate the memories of Sora and those close to him, the castle was a cover up for her being forced to wipe his mind to make him a puppet for Marluixa to takeover the Organization.

then how in the world did soras memory kiri and change to memories of Namine. and secondly what about the people in the other worlds, he forgot them all.

she fixed soras memories that is how he lost memory of castle oblivion............

Zesty

The Darkness Flame
Inside the Darkness, just under the light
Website
www.myspace.com
then how in the world did soras memory kiri and change to memories of Namine. and secondly what about the people in the other worlds, he forgot them all.

she fixed soras memories that is how he lost memory of castle oblivion............

she didnt erase them
Marluxia had her manipulate them until he would be able to control him

as for Kairi/Namine = Marluxia used Namine as a replacement for Kairi so Sora would be motivated to continue

Keyblade Spirit

ACTUALLY...
If you have seen this cutscene from KH2 FM: YouTube - KH2FM+ Last New Scene (Subbed)
You'll see that Sora finally remembered Castle Oblivion. Namine said that the links that were made in CO came undone. She did not say that Sora would not have those memories anymore, she said that it would be harder to remember them.

[√]Genuflect
It was Namine.
The castle has something special but, it doesn't erase memories.

If the castle erase memories, Riku would have lost some too.

I<3Roxas

It was purely Namine's doing. Marluxia said what he said to get Sora to enter the castle, where Namine was being held. At which point, he tried to get Sora to become his puppet so that he could control him and take over the Org. The only thing the castle can do is project people's memories into its many white rooms. Nothing more, as far as we know. As others have said, if it were the castle, people like DiZ and Mickey and Riku would've had their memories messed with as well, and we know that didn't happen. Funny thing was that Marluxia didn't know how right he was when he told Sora that to find something he needed or wanted he'd have to give up something in return. Go figure!

Cef

Doodling on Vanitas' face while he's sleeping^^
It was purely Namine's doing. Marluxia said what he said to get Sora to enter the castle, where Namine was being held. At which point, he tried to get Sora to become his puppet so that he could control him and take over the Org. The only thing the castle can do is project people's memories into its many white rooms. Nothing more, as far as we know. As others have said, if it were the castle, people like DiZ and Mickey and Riku would've had their memories messed with as well, and we know that didn't happen. Funny thing was that Marluxia didn't know how right he was when he told Sora that to find something he needed or wanted he'd have to give up something in return. Go figure!

Agreed, seconded, and rep'd^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back