• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cast in Steel - [Mistborn AU Roleplay]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
MISTBORN
| CAST IN STEEL |

"The Hero of Ages, guided by His predestined divinity,
touched the Well of Ascension, according to the prophecies.
He rose to apotheosis—and lo! The Deepness was wiped clean of this earth!
Our Lord Ruler purged all nations of the fathomless destroyer,
and established in their place an Empire that was right and just.
The Final Empire, merciful gift to mankind!"

—Canton of Orthodoxy, "Introduction to History and Holy Writ"

| ⚙ |

INTRODUCTION
One thousand years ago, a hero rose to unite the world against a common evil. Born tending crops, he came to topple kings. Armies hearkened to his voice; prophets sang at his approach. The Terris Worldbringers knew that the Hero of Ages had finally come. This man, surely, was destined to slay the Deepness, and deliver the world into a new era.

Unfortunately, he succeeded.

Ash falls beneath a red sun. Brown plants grow in careful cultivation. At night, the blackened streets are washed in mist. Kredik Shaw, the Hill of a Thousand Spires, casts it many-fingered shadow over Luthadel. The Final Empire, built to withstand time itself, has existed for more than a thousand years. Society—fashion, music, architecture, language, religion, technology—remains in stasis, guided to its resting place by the Steel Ministry. No man, noble or skaa, escapes the eyes of the obligators.

And the Lord Ruler owns the world.

Only the Mists are free. They belong to a force above this world, and not even the Sliver of Infinity can hold them in the palm of his hand. When the sun disappears below the horizon, they bathe the night in wispy tendrils of white. Skaa fear them; Allomancers embrace them. While some use them to shroud their misdeeds, one man uses them to combat the grip of the Final Empire.

Skaa in every Dominance whisper of the Survivor, the only man to escape the Lord Ruler's prisons.

He escaped with Allomancy, the legendary power of the Mistborn.
Now he seeks a crew of Allomancers to aid him in doing the impossible:

The Survivor plans to overthrow the Lord Ruler, and end the Final Empire.

| ⚙ |

dy2mwx.jpg

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
THE METALLURGIC ARTS
| ALLOMANCY |

Upon his ascension, the Lord Ruler gifted his most loyal allies with the power of Allomancy, the ability to draw vast power from digested metals. An Allomancer swallows these precisely-mixed metals in a vial of alcohol solution, then quickly metabolizes them (or "burns" them) in order to use their power. The metals must be exactly mixed, and must all be burned after a certain period of time; otherwise, the Allomancer becomes ill. Furthermore, Allomancy presents itself only after the Allomancer has undergone intense physical trauma—“snapping”, as it is called.

The ability is hereditary, present only in the nobility—or, at least, those with noble blood. Half-breed Allomancers are more common than one would expect . . . but the Canton of Inquisition exists for that very reason.

Allomancy centers around eight basic metals, and most Allomancers are only able to burn one of these metals. These Allomancers are called Mistings, and they are prevalent throughout the noble houses. Much rarer, however, are those who can burn all eight metals, in addition to some others. They are the Mistborn, some of the most powerful people in existence. If a guard sees anyone dressed in the filmy, many-stripped Mistcloak, they immediately avert their gaze. Mistborn business is no business of theirs. Half-breed Mistborn are almost unheard of, so rare is the ability . . . but they do exist.

Below, a list of Allomantic metals and their effects:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

| FERUCHEMY & THE TERRIS RACE |

An nearly lost art from before the Ascension, Feruchemy is the natural hereditary ability of the Terris people. Rather than drawing upon metals for power, Feruchemists use metals as conduits and storage devices for their own natural attributes. They spend a period of time weakened, storing a certain attribute inside a metalmind of the corresponding metal. Later, they can draw upon that strength, "tapping" the metalmind for its reserves. The process is totally balanced; no energy is created or destroyed.

The Terrismen, once an agrarian society, have now been impressed into servitude. A Terris steward or stewardess is conditioned to be docile, subservient, mentally agile, obedient, and utterly loyal to their masters. Their reproduction is controlled by the Lord Ruler's breeding programs, designed to weed out Feruchemy from the Terris population. All males who are not used for breeding have become castrated eunuchs.

Feruchemists still exist in hiding, however—some of them currently serving in noble households. As copperminds can be used to store memories, most modern Feruchemists have been secretly trained in the ways of the Keeper Sect. The Terris Keepers archive knowledge from before the Ascension; their copperminds contain flawless records of history, culture, religion, engineering, etc.

Below, a list of known Feruchemical metals and their uses:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

| HEMALURGY |

Hemalurgy is the hidden art of the Steel Ministry, used to create kandra, koloss, and Steel Inquisitors. Even its name—suggesting a relationship with blood—is kept secret. Hemalurgy is bloody indeed; it involves the placement of metal spikes throughout the recipient's body, granting them power. Only the Lord Ruler and his Inquisitors know how to perform Hemalurgy. (If your character is an Inquisitor, you will be given knowledge of Hemalurgic spikes.)

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
NOBILITY & SKAA
| SKAA |

Upon his Ascension, the Lord Ruler reordered human physiology to fit the needs of his new Empire.
While his loyal supporters formed the noble caste, the rest of humanity formed the working foundations of the Final Empire—a nation of serfs. Skaa were altered to be hardier, more durable, and more fertile. They can easily subsist on the stunted brown plants they cultivate, and can endure harsher beatings.

Years of interbreeding with the nobility have lessened these traits, however, to the point that skaa and noblemen are indistinguishable. The caste system remains, however. An assaulted noblewoman would have the city guard by her side in an instant; a female skaa can be raped and beaten without fear of consequence—so long as she is destroyed, to prevent the birth of any half-breeds. Fear of the Inquisitors has ensured that most half-breed children are destroyed.

In cities, a lucky skaa demographic is given some measure of freedom: Skilled artisans, often in families, have permission to own personal workshops. Some master blacksmiths, woodworkers, tailors, and painters have all been skaa. They take a quiet sort of pride in their elevated status, and are pleased to sell their wares to the nobility—who cannot help but recognize their skill. Behind the scenes, however, many of these skaa-owned shops are fronts for thieving crews . . . Some are also very professional.

| NOBILITY |

Opposites and masters of the skaa, nobility enjoy lavish keeps and plush country estates. Formal wear has not changed for a thousand years—suits and vests for men, billowing gowns for women—but somehow fashion still takes precedence. Fashion, along with relationships, politics, music, art, and games, occupy noble gossip. Indeed, while many have personally mistreated skaa, most are totally ignorant of the death around them. To them, the skaa underground is a fanciful myth—and to speculate on the nature of skaa is considered counter-culture, at best. At worst, it is treasonous thought crime, punishable by law.

The most powerful noble families comprise the Great Houses, all of which own keeps in Luthadel, capital of the Empire. They own multiple holdings throughout the Final Empire, and "own" many smaller houses with whom they have contracts. Between the Great Houses, tension and intrigue are the eternal clime. One house is always seeking to usurp another—by forming an alliance with yet another. The Lord Ruler does little to stop this, allowing the Great Houses to purge themselves every few decades. New houses join the ranks, and old houses ones fade; the Final Empire remains stable.

Below, a list of the Great Houses, as they currently stand:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

| ⚙ |

THE STEEL MINISTRY

The theocracy of the Final Empire is managed by the Steel Ministry, priesthood of the Lord Ruler. One can spot an obligator—a priest—by his gray robes, shaved head, and intricate eye tattoos. Each division, or Canton, of the Ministry has a different tattoo pattern; size and intricacy of the tattoos indicate rank. Obligators are omnipresent, whether they can be seen or not. Know that they are always watching.

No citizen of the Final Empire can live without contact with the Steel Ministry: Every day, a crew of skaa workmen collects the bodies of their fellow skaa, and the deaths are tallied by the Canton of Resource. Like regular clockwork, noble houses are visited by the Canton of Finance to collect the monthly tithes. Keeps and mansions are festooned with religious imagery, as approved by the Canton of Orthodoxy. Every man, woman, and youth fears the Canton of Inquisition.

The Lord Ruler owns the world, and the Steel Ministry is the cage he has built for it.
Below, the list of Cantons in the Steel Ministry:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

| ⚙ |

KANDRA & KOLOSS
| KANDRA |

In skaa folklore, mistwraiths are horrible demons that emerge at night, lurking in the Mists for which they are named. If you dare to venture out in the Mist, a mistwraith will devour you—and return wearing your face. In actuality, the mistwraiths are just shambling amalgamations of scavenged bones—disturbing, but totally harmless. For a mistwraith's "mature" form, however, the myths hold more truth . . . [MORE TO BE ADDED]

| KOLOSS |

Guards and Inquisitors suffice in controlling Luthadel and the Central Dominance—but for the outer Dominances, a more direct threat is needed. A mature koloss stands anywhere from ten to twelve feet, bulging to the point that its blue skin tears in folds. They each wield massive, slab-like blades, the weight of which alone can crush a man’s back. The koloss know only two emotions—boredom and rage—and they obey the Lord Ruler and his Inquisitors unquestioningly. [MORE TO BE ADDED]

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
THE SURVIVOR'S CREW

Before he ever gained the title, the Survivor of Hathsin was known throughout the underground as a masterful prince of thieves—the most ambitious crew leader in Luthadel. His crew was never consistent, but all those who survived a job would eventually return to work alongside him. With savvy friends and mad ingenuity, he cheated and scammed every noble house in the city—looting thousands of boxings from their coffers.

But then his fingers were caught in the deepest coffers in the Empire.
He was discovered inside Kredik Shaw, the Lord Ruler's palace. They say someone betrayed him.

Somehow, he escaped the Pits of Hathsin, the only known survivor.
He escaped with mutilated forearms, the skin interlaced with white-hot scars.
He escaped with the powers of a Mistborn, and he escaped with a fire in his heart.

Now, as the Survivor of Hathsin, he has returned to Luthadel in search of a crew. The "skaa rebellion", a floundering group of refugees in caves, has hired the Survivor to strike a lasting blow against the Empire. This job will be unlike any scam in history—a fathomless reward, for the ultimate risk.

Though he has told no one yet, the Survivor plans to overthrow the Lord Ruler, and bring the Final Empire to an end.
Months of research have lead him to a strange "Eleventh Metal", one that can supposedly kill a god.
There is only one way to know. Will you join him?

| ⚙ |

RULES & TEMPLATE
| RULES |

I. Forum standards on godmodding and powerplaying apply.

II. While a few canon characters are necessary, I will only be accepting original characters.
If you are interested in a canon character, please send a PM to me.

III. Romance is permitted, but it must be kept within forum standards.

IV. I will remove any roleplayer from this RP if their conduct merits it.

V. If this roleplay is to succeed, you must adhere to the rules of the magic system.
Consult me (or the books) if you have any questions.

VI. If you agree to these rules, post the following above your template: "There's always another secret."

VII. You do not need to have read the books; all relevant information is supplied above.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

| ⚙ |

CHARACTERS
| The Steel Ministry |

Character Name | Roleplayer | Position | Metallurgic Powers The Lord Ruler | Ordeith (Reserved) | God | Allomancer - Infinite
____________ | PM About Position | High Prelan - Canton of Orthodoxy | ____________
____________ | OmniChaos (Reserved) | Steel Inquisitor | Allomancer / Hemalurgist |
ACCEPTING MORE | ACCEPTING MORE | ACCEPTING MORE | ACCEPTING MORE |

| The Survivor's Crew |

Character Name | Roleplayer | Position | Metallurgic Powers _____ , the Survivor of Hathsin | PM About Position | Crew Leader | Allomancer - Mistborn Sazed | Ordeith (Reserved) | Terris Steward / Keeper | Feruchemist ACCEPTING 8 MORE | ACCEPTING 8 MORE | ACCEPTING 8 MORE | ACCEPTING 8 MORE |

| OTHER |

Character Name | Roleplayer | Position | Metallurgic Powers | Allegiance NOW ACCEPTING | NOW ACCEPTING | NOW ACCEPTING | NOW ACCEPTING | NOW ACCEPTING |

FairSovereign

OMG! The Mistborn trilogy is one of my favorites! I'm so joining this~. May I be a mistborn or do you have to be a misting?

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
OMG! The Mistborn trilogy is one of my favorites! I'm so joining this~. May I be a mistborn or do you have to be a misting?

Glad to see such enthusiasm! I hope other won't be dissuaded by the fact that it's a pre-existing canon...

In a bout of forgetfulness, I forgot to add Mistborn to the "contact me" list--but I've now edited that tidbit.
If you'd like to create a Mistborn character, please send a PM with your concept/template.

FairSovereign

I hope more people elect to join! I would love to see this take off~ There are no Mistborn RPs anywhere it seems. Working on the profile~ :3

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Shoving my face in here to show my stamp of massive approval, and to give the obvious cookies and treats.

Will be putting a temp sometime this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back