• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Cash Register Help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Today was my first day behind the register at McDonalds and it went ok I guess until I was told that I was missing like $5.70 from the register. Idk how it happened, I could have missed like $2 or $3 at most but that seems like to much for me to miss. There were other employees on it taking orders and getting their employee meals when I was away making a drink or something when I was logged in but I wanted to know what are some good tips so that wont happen again and I start the drive thru on Sunday so if you could give tips on that then that would good too.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
i worked on my share of registers and the most i was missing was like 10 dollars and that wasnt even my fault.
But here are some tips.

1) Dont get distracted from what you are doing.... ( Only deal with the costumer in front of you until you receive payment and give them their change / receipt. )

2) Take your time when handling transactions if you go to fast you are most likely to make a mistake.

3) Count back the change as you hand it back to the costumer. ( i found that it make the costumer happier to so they know that they arent shorted change.

4) If possible try not to let other employees use your register. ( i know this from experience. When i was working at a Shop Rite a couple years back the chick covered me when i was on my lunch break and she used my register. and it turned out @ the end of the day when i counted my draw that it was short 10$. then next my manager came up to me and was like "your draw was short yesterday 10 dollars and, did you borrow money from the register." i said What the Fuck do you mean borrow money from the register i dont do that kind of sht and basically spazzed on her. anyway to make a long story short they went back and checked the register cameras and it turned out that the girl who covered my lunch to it.)

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
i worked on my share of registers and the most i was missing was like 10 dollars and that wasnt even my fault.
But here are some tips.

1) Dont get distracted from what you are doing.... ( Only deal with the costumer in front of you until you receive payment and give them their change / receipt. )

2) Take your time when handling transactions if you go to fast you are most likely to make a mistake.

3) Count back the change as you hand it back to the costumer. ( i found that it make the costumer happier to so they know that they arent shorted change.

4) If possible try not to let other employees use your register. ( i know this from experience. When i was working at a Shop Rite a couple years back the chick covered me when i was on my lunch break and she used my register. and it turned out @ the end of the day when i counted my draw that it was short 10$. then next my manager came up to me and was like "your draw was short yesterday 10 dollars and, did you borrow money from the register." i said What the Fuck do you mean borrow money from the register i dont do that kind of sht and basically spazzed on her. anyway to make a long story short they went back and checked the register cameras and it turned out that the girl who covered my lunch to it.)

Yea thats what my manager told me, to not let people use my register but ill do that, thanks for the help. Its just kinda annoying hearing one of the assistants telling me to hurry up every time when I count the change. Also, can they fire you if someone like that keeps on happening and the amount missing is less than $10 everytime?

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Yea thats what my manager told me, to not let people use my register but ill do that, thanks for the help. Its just kinda annoying hearing one of the assistants telling me to hurry up every time when I count the change. Also, can they fire you if someone like that keeps on happening and the amount missing is less than $10 everytime?

If you are pretty new there they shouldn't be rushing you.... The should be telling you to take your time that some f'up sht.
at the places i worked if it was a busy store and it was like under 1.75 they really dont care. but if you consistently come up short like above that they will probably pull you aside an tell you that you are comming up short alot. and if it continues after you've been coached then they can fire you.
In my case the girl got fired because it wasnt her first time she was missing alot of money.

Each place varies im not really sure about mcdonalds policies because i have never worked there but, alot of places would put you on cash control or some kind of probation where the monitor you and if you turn up short with a large amount then they'll fire you.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Oh alright and yeah its f'd up, yesterday they had me on the fries during lunch hour and they were rushing me the entire time with really no help. It was my first day behind the counter and I only had the short video I watched before to really fall back on and today and yesterday was what they called training.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Oh alright and yeah its f'd up, yesterday they had me on the fries during lunch hour and they were rushing me the entire time with really no help. It was my first day behind the counter and I only had the short video I watched before to really fall back on and today and yesterday was what they called training.

yeah these that crazy... what these jobs call training these days is really pathetic, when i got my job @ walmart a couple years back we watched like 5 videos plus had like 16 hours worth of CBL training, like 2 -3 day on floor training. but the last couple jobs i had was a fraction of what i learned there... Good luck tho after the first couple of days it gets routine....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back