• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHUX ► Case of the Master of Masters... (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
This has been bugging me since the first time I saw Back Cover, but does anyone else feel like The Master played The ForeTellers against each other, I mean think about it, he tells one to do something, and then he turns around and tells another to do something else, for instance, he basically tells Aced to betray Ira, and then he gives the lost page to Gula and tells him not to trust anyone, so what are your thoughts?

Chie

Awards
This is the basic premise of the movie, yes.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Remember, the master wouldn't do such a thing. It's their imagination running wild and using that sense of duty to fill their roles to a fault. I don't blame the master for a damn thing these people did to each other. Why? Didn't a nightmare already appear before he said ANYTHING about a traitor lol.

Come on now. You know damn well that writing was with the intent to misdirect the viewer. Theres no proof that even suggests it was him that did that, but how can you sew doubt without a reason and from that reason more intangibles that eventually become tangibles.

Chie

Awards
Not sure if parts of that are sarcastic or not, but it was the Master's explicit intent for these specific events to happen, because the Keyblade War and the Foretellers' specific role in it was part of his plan. We know this.

The scummy layer on top of "it was inevitable a war would happen", of course, is that the way the Master did it was specifically designed to take advantage of the trust they had in him as an authority figure.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Not sure if parts of that are sarcastic or not, but it was the Master's explicit intent for these specific events to happen, because the Keyblade War and the Foretellers' specific role in it was part of his plan. We know this.

The scummy layer on top of "it was inevitable a war would happen", of course, is that the way the Master did it was specifically designed to take advantage of the trust they had in him as an authority figure.
Agreed, and that's another thing actually, up until it's revealed that (somehow) Luxu was the traiter, I had the idea that The Master himself was the traitor, and it would have made sense.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards

You'll notice whenever I post in this side of the forum, i'm usually clearing off 10 years worth of dust off of what I genuinely remember because I really haven't engaged heavily with anything in the series in a (seriously) long time. But hey, wouldn't be a mod if I didn't at least make an effort to participate at the very least.

Agreed, and that's another thing actually, up until it's revealed that (somehow) Luxu was the traiter, I had the idea that The Master himself was the traitor, and it would have made sense.
Luxu was the traitor? Didn't he call Ava the Traitor? Briefly gonna quote a decent take from an older thread

Check it.
Ava being the "traitor" does make quite some sense if one recalls that even in earlier discussions about the whole business we always had up the notion that being "the traitor" does not need to necessarily equate to being "evil" or willfully causing chaos.

Sometimes people go traitor and may even do objectively awful things in order to prevent an even worse outcome. Both in her confrontation with Luxu and later when she confronts the Player character during the actual Keyblade War Ava is completely shaken and "off the rails" so to speak so whatever Luxu revealed to her rattled her beliefs to the core it appears.

She accuses Luxu of misusing the Master's intentions for his own agenda/ambitions but that may be just her being in denial or projecting because she can't accept/fathom that it might be really the MoM's doing.
But eventually she does accept it and moves first to throw a wrench into the MoM's plans, then participate in the war herself (perhaps as a form of Penance for what she did to derail the MoM's plans?) where she tells Player that "there are secrets no one should know" and then urges them to fly away with the Dandelions.

vaderskywalker

Awards
You'll notice whenever I post in this side of the forum, i'm usually clearing off 10 years worth of dust off of what I genuinely remember because I really haven't engaged heavily with anything in the series in a (seriously) long time. But hey, wouldn't be a mod if I didn't at least make an effort to participate at the very least.

Luxu was the traitor? Didn't he call Ava the Traitor? Briefly gonna quote a decent take from an older thread

Check it.
I can't name the scene exactly, but The Master and Luxu were having a conversation, Luxu left the room, and The Master says something along the lines of 'The traiter, Luxu' or 'Luxu, the traiter', it was a scene in the phone game.

Chie

Awards
It is important to note that the reveal of Luxu as "the traitor" doesn't really affect X Back Cover (as far as we know), in which "the traitor" is still a nonexistent threat that drives the characters to paranoia. I'm sure Luxu will end up fitting the profile years later in an ironic twist of prophecy, but we should not confuse this for a validation of MoM's premise.

vaderskywalker

Awards
It is important to note that the reveal of Luxu as "the traitor" doesn't really affect X Back Cover (as far as we know), in which "the traitor" is still a nonexistent threat that drives the characters to paranoia. I'm sure Luxu will end up fitting the profile years later in an ironic twist of prophecy, but we should not confuse this for a validation of MoM's premise.
That's fair, but Gula said the page talks about the one who bears the Sigil and what does Luxu have Years later? The Recusant Sigil.

Baralai_XIII

Awards
Website
www.instagram.com
This has been bugging me since the first time I saw Back Cover, but does anyone else feel like The Master played The ForeTellers against each other, I mean think about it, he tells one to do something, and then he turns around and tells another to do something else, for instance, he basically tells Aced to betray Ira, and then he gives the lost page to Gula and tells him not to trust anyone, so what are your thoughts?
I do feel that! The mere mention of a traitor sewed the seeds of a traitor within the group of them. But I can also see the point where each of the foretellers have exhibited their corresponding sin/vice but also their virtue. I recently saw a youtube video discussing each of their potential moments when they did.

Im also working on a theory I havent seen anywhere yet, but im also only recently getting back into the KH internet world and forums. Catching up with 2.8 and all the mobile games.
I highly recommend watching the fan dubbed X, unchained X, etc etc that is on youtube. Some of the voices sound soooo good you might forget youre watching a fan dubbed piece.
Anyway,

Some of this information of the Foretellers is based off the real life scripture of the Ancrene Wisse: A medieval guide for Anchoresses.

Im still compiling general research on this and finding any correlations or references.
But all the animals are there except Gula. In the Ancrene Wisse, Gluttony is a Sow, but in Back cover, gula is a leopard. To me that may symbolize him as the traitor as well.

And if we are going off the animal motifs, Luxu will be a scorpion, and number 7/pride/Superbia/Xsuper is the goat. Hence "No Name" or the Gazing eye having the goat with horns.

There was something else I read that said a goat is also a symbol for pride, along side the lion. There was mention of astrology in 0.2 and with that in mind, Scorpio is sometimes depicted as an eagle. So Luxu / Lust/Lechery could potentially be symbolized as an eagle too.

This is just a working theory. I could easily be missing information about the game or real life references. Just wanted to share!

LoneFox

Awards
But all the animals are there except Gula. In the Ancrene Wisse, Gluttony is a Sow, but in Back cover, gula is a leopard. To me that may symbolize him as the traitor as well.
That is simply marketing. Who would want to join a union that uses the pig as its symbol?

Back