• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Careers?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
What are you currently studying/aspiring to be? Or, if you're still in high school + under, what do you plan on studying?

Right now I'm double majoring in Neuroscience and Psychology with a minor in Biology. I am currently on the fence about what I want to do after graduation. For now, it's either a) apply for my post-bac. doctorate in Neuroscience and do research/ eventually become a college prof. or b) apply to my school's MAT program and become a high school Biology teacher.

[edit] Since we're all saying it, I'm going into my second semester of Sophomore year in college (at Boston University).

Last edited:
Awards
In art school at the moment, but preparing a portfolio to get into visual communication (graphic design and illustration) for next year. I'd like to be some sort of designer or illustrator, but I'm unsure which at the moment.

D∆NTE

Cod 6 online profile (lizymans)
I would like to be a Lawyer, an Actor or a Manga artist. I am still deciding.

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
I'm a junior in high school and I've always been "undecided" until a few months ago when I thought it might be nice to be a Clinical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist. which is something like a hospital lab tech, but with a bachelor's degree.
My mom thinks I might also like to be a Pharmacist and make more money, but that also requires more school.

So yeah, I'm kinda excited now that I have some sort of goal

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
I am studying to be a video game programmer in full sail university.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Studying French, Spanish and Italian at college and, of course, I speak English. I've applied for five universities (UCLAN, Salford, Manchester, Manchester Met and Lancaster), in all of which I've applied for: BA Modern Languages (4-year sandwich - French/Japanese); BA Modern Languages and Translation & Interpreting Studies (French/Italian); French Studies (4 years); French Studies; French Studies. All of them are respective to the universities. I'm leaning towards Salford uni and BA Modern Languages and Translation & Interpreting Studies (French/Italian) since there'd be so much going for me if I went there. Not really sure about which route to go down but that's the great thing about languages; you have so many choices and it's pretty much an open subject, with your skills being valued in pretty much any profession. But I do enjoy translation and I'd love to have a hand at interpreting, so I'm going to start off down that route and see where the ocean pulls me. Definitely going to travel which languages will allow me to do, especially if I go on to be a freelance interpreter since they're pulled all over the world. I went through many phases but this is definitely my set path.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Applying myself for a career at Konami Of America in the R&D department. But Currently working for them by volunteering for nation wide events.

krexia

Translator
Awards
I'm halfway through my PhD and still not sure what I want to do with my life.

αsiя

space coke
Im a drop out
Deciding to either sell tangerines on the street or become a mime at the local beach

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Psychiatry or some mental shit.
Originally, it was Video game Designer. I was twelve.

Chris

I share this account w/ my mom lmao
Awards
In art school at the moment, but preparing a portfolio to get into visual communication (graphic design and illustration) for next year. I'd like to be some sort of designer or illustrator, but I'm unsure which at the moment.

Very similar to this actually, except I'm still a junior in highschool. I'm taking a communications career training program next year and sending in a portfolio to try to get into some college's art programs. I'm not feeling too content about the odds of getting a job in this field though :/

Trag

Bronze Member
I'm also still a junior in high school, but I plan on doing something in the IT field, possibly. I wish I had the talent to go into graphic design though.

Sawah

unofficial HOTH
Awards
I love writing. I wrote an essay on what I'd like to be when I grow up a few weeks ago (I picked author, duh), and I got a 100 on it. Since then, I decided that's what I'd like to study and go to college for. Of course, the Creative Writing section on the forums really help.

If that doesn't work out, then I'd like to be a pastry chef. I bake a lot. It's really really fun, and I make new desserts/pastries any time I can.

EDIT: I am a freshman in high school.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Looking into a graphic design or animation career too. Been taking art and computer classes since my freshman year (junior now) and got two specific colleges in mind for when I get out. Just afraid I won't make the cut.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
I'd like to become a writer, though my parents want me to be a doctor (my grades have them losing hope, though). I'm still not really sure, though...

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I can tell that a lot of the people in this thread are very young.

Consider taking a language up in your studies. It'll help you in so many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back