• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Captain Hook on Proud Mode ...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kelvin22

Hey guys, by the title some of you my recognize my anguish as you have faced and possibly beaten , Captain Hook on proud mode. This boss is ridiculously irritating i would like some insight on how best to tackle him once and for all. Thanks

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Ragnarok and Mind Shield are lifesavers against him. And Curaga, of course. Beat him the first time with just those three spells. ^_^

Jakek9

there is a general help thread ya know. But anyways, I personally didn't use many commands on him besides Fire Dash. Just block when the time is right, and bash him up when you see an opening. Get into the water if you absolutely need to avoid him, you'll be mostly safe there for a short amount of time. Have a cure on ya maybe.

kelvin22

Ragnarok and Mind Shield are lifesavers against him. And Curaga, of course. Beat him the first time with just those three spells. ^_^
Oh i might have a problem you see i have none of those skills lol im level 22 how do i go about attaining those skills

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Actually, I found him quite easy when I did fight him because for me the trick is to go into Wingblade command style as fast as possible and then you can rock him. Out of curiousity, can you knock him into the water or is it only you?

Awards
Fire based attacks stun him ("AH! HOT HOT HOT!").
Spam Fire/fira/firaga and, preferably, fire surge. You'll change to Fire Blazer in no time.

Then it's essentially just a matter of mashing X, as he'll be continually stunned. Occasionally he might block and retaliate, but you can sometimes actually deflect it (again, just keep hitting X) and continue your onslaught. If you don't deflect it, and he hits, be sure to dodge roll away and heal. Then just go back and continue.

Also, if you've got his pattern down, Zack's D-Link (level 3) can be useful. Just go up to him, block at the right time and parry by hitting X. You'll only have to do it twice, and then the command gauge will be full and you can use Hero's Pride, which does decent damage.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Basically what Grass said, it will have Hook defenseless for a bit and enough for you to strike with shotlock or other powerful commands.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
@kupo: Yes, Hook can be knocked into the water. If you can get him close to the edge, he might start falling over. Give him a swat with your Keyblade before he can right himself, and he'll be sent to the waves. The croc will then take a bite out of him, taking a few of Hook's HP along with it, and then hook will leap back to the island. Learning how to guard his attacks (Which is everything except the Present Bombs) can lead you to victory, especially if you have a counter move. You don't have to get fancy, but if you do, remember that he is susceptible to almost every status effect in the game. So if you need to, putting him to sleep is an option. Aside from that, have a Cure spell in your deck in case of emergencies, and you should out-swashbuckle Hook quite handily.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Fire based attacks stun him ("AH! HOT HOT HOT!").
Spam Fire/fira/firaga and, preferably, fire surge. You'll change to Fire Blazer in no time.

Then it's essentially just a matter of mashing X, as he'll be continually stunned. Occasionally he might block and retaliate, but you can sometimes actually deflect it (again, just keep hitting X) and continue your onslaught. If you don't deflect it, and he hits, be sure to dodge roll away and heal. Then just go back and continue.

I forgot about fire! Fire Blazer is amazing against him. xD

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I found him really easy, I actually all the bosses in Proud Mode to be really easy (All except VS with Terra, and MF), so I hope Critical will be a little harder, but so far it doesn't.

But ya, if he's hard, then just use Mine Shield. Spamming Mine Shield, and you'll basically win all battles.

Gram

Banned
Awards
best thing for hook is the good ol block and counter and maybe a fire surge when you see the chance.

KastleS1

Awards
same here, Also critical seemed easier.But maybe its because i knew the game very well.However lvl 1 is a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back