• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Capcom Announcing Another Sequel at E3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Capcom dropping huge sequel bomb at E3 - Destructoid

Distructoid said:
I don't want to surprise anyone, but gaming companies make big announcements at E3. I know, sit down and stay cool. One gaming company that will evidently be doing this is Capcom who it is now rumored will be announcing a sequel to one of their major franchises. The big twist? It will be in the hands of a Western developer.

Capcom has already gone on record saying that it won't be trusting new IPs to Western developers after Bionic Commando failed to relaunch and Dark Void flopped, but they are evidently willing to trust one of their major franchises to them. This rumor comes from Garnett Lee's latest Weekend Confirmed podcast, in which he discussed Capcom's trust in Western devs by saying, ""Boy, their E3 bombshell puts that to test. I'm not going to spill it because I don't want to make anyone mad, but boy their E3 bombshell puts that to test."

The two franchises that pop into mind for me are Resident Evil, which lost its previous director and Devil May Cry. I'd say it is most likely the former, but I don't know how that will work out for the franchise as it might mean that it will head even more towards the action stylings of RE5, and that would be sad.

I say it's DMC5, wasn't there supposed to be a trailer for it a couple years ago, didn't they have the legnth of it and everything? Plus, it'd be great publicity for Dante's MvC outing that he's taking.

Ehhh anyway, DMC5 ftw

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Waiting for a new Strider...

Though I can't see that being done by western developers.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I can see it being DMC5

But you know what would be an actual great announcement? Next-gen Megaman.

S

SoulSilver

It better be DMC5 I just re bought the PS2/ and DMC3 Special edition :)

Macabre

Gold Member
God Hand 2.
Yes I know God Hand isn't one of Capcom's biggest games but I still hope for a sequel.

Macabre

Gold Member
A new Resident Evil is more likely.

Capcom are currently developing RE Portable, which they announced last E3.
Besides that I don't think there will be a new RE game for a while, side series or not.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Capcom are currently developing RE Portable, which they announced last E3.
Besides that I don't think there will be a new RE game for a while, side series or not.

But it's a big Capcom franchise which just lost its director.

Doesn't have to be RE6, but it could still be some installment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back