• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► [Can't Think Of Decent Thread Title]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Before anyone says anything, i like exploring myself through music lyrics, and apologies, this mentions the English method of education, not the American

To be hurt
To feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked when you're down
To feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one's there to save you
No you don't know what it's like
Welcome to my life
Simple Plan - Welcome To My Life

For the first five years of my secondary education, this was pretty much me. From Day 1 i was the outcast in school, just imagine a class of 29, all on twin desks, yep you probably guessed it, i was the loner right at the front who no-one wanted to really know about or really notice. I kind of got on okay with the 'smart' kids in the class, but because of the fact that i myself wasn't as intelligent as they were (to be frank i was probably the dumbest in the form), people found a way to exploit this, and try and separate me from them through mental bullying which i soaked up inside me and have yet to relieve myself of this burden, thus increasing the self urge to stay away from things, and remain by myself. You know there's a problem in your life when a teacher asks 'Chris, do you have any friends here??' and you lie to them. What perhaps annoyed me the most was the one time i plucked up the courage to report it, the school did nothing about it, automatically taking the words of the bullies as truth over mine. This kinda lost whatever confidence i had with myself for a while, and remained who i had been since i started secondary education. I had some very good friends outside of school, but neverhad the confidence to talk to them about this either, nor my parents. Years 10-11 were slightly better for me as we swapped forms over, but i never truly felt as though no-one acknowledged my existance, and at times even the teachers.

Somehow i managed to get good enough (although i don't consider 3As, 4Bs and 2Cs to be anything special in comparison to the vast majority getting straight A's), and at my school, at 6th form level, Girls are allowed into the school.

I kinda used this time initially as a form of re-incarnation for me on the social front, and for the first time in years, i had people at school that i was proud to call 'my friends', some of whom were new folk, whilst others were those seeing me in a new light. However this didn't change me totally, although i wasn't the loner, some teachers continued to ignore me, whilst others i couldn't muster the confidence to talk to, even answering questions in class at times i found difficult as my heart would suddenly pump like mad whenever a question was directed towards me, as this is what my school life was like before sixth form.

I instantly became friends with a few girls who i would classify as perhaps some of my best friends. One of them in particular i became close friends with quickly, and as ice-breaker coversation i mentioned the fact that one of my hobbies was writing poetry, and set me a challenge to write her a poem in two hours, of which i did with ease. At lunch i gave it to her and she was really grateful for it, the only problem was that someone managed to have a look at it, and automatically assumed it was a 'love poem' and some folk began taunting me over this. ALthough to them it may've seen to be a joke, but to me this really hurt me mentally, and was probably perhaps the lowest point of my school career.

A few weeks later, the girl i wrote the poem began talking to me walking home from school (we live on a similar-ish route when she's staying with her dad), and asked whether i fancied her. Now for someone who'd barely talked to a girl outside family before this came as quite a shock, and to be honest (in hindsight) i regret what i said, which was 'No'.

Tracking back a little bit, in the lower years when i was alone, i would always just sit their and comprehend matters by myself, and was one of those people who liked to spend time thinking of every possible solution to a question, which most of the time was hypothetical, and this ideal continued into sixth form, which was why i felt uncomfortable with answering questions in class, as well as exams as i like to sit, think, evaluate, re-evaluate and only then come to an answer.

When it came to the girl asking me whether i fancied her (i don;t mind using my name online, but not others), my brain automatically clicked in gear regarding this question and immediately went straight down the 'worry route' i.e. the what if i say yes, what does this mean, how can i tell other people about this, what about parents, what would i do on a date etc. etc., which quite frankly is hypothetical bullsh*t, but that's me.

So as mentioned, i said no to spare myself from all these hypothetical questions mentioned above and more. Which she was rather cool with, saying how she may've felt pressurized into this because apparently people were mildly taunting her about the poem as well and some other things, as well as saying she was glad we were friends, of which we are to this day.

Although for a period of time i began to fancy another girl (being unable to muster the confidence to ask her out as well), but when it came to exam results, i realised that i performed disastrously and opted to retake Year 12 again.

The issue is that come December, even though i see her less around school now, i started having feelings for the first girl again, and i'm slowly mustering the confidence up to physically ask her out. But the question that rattles my brain is, 'Is it worth it??'.

I have another year at school, she's off to Warwick at the end of September, and was wondering whether its worth asking the question, as hypothetically we would (if she said yes) be together for a total of 5 ish months before the parting of the ways, and i don't really want to comprehend in my mindset what to do afterwards??

If anyone whose read this far (sorry, i bet it was a bore) and has any ideas they wish to share regarding the situation at hand, then i'd be very grateful...

~chay

bond of flames

you've got a soul, use it.
Website
www.facebook.com
hmmmmmmmmm

long read.

i understand what ur goin through as i went through the same thing.with the school.

so, when she leaves in september will you ever see her again?becuz i dont want to giv advice and then stuff turns out wrong for you.

i dont mean to sound harsh but if u wont see her again then i wouldnt go out with her.because you might get too attached and it will just be too much.me and my gf are really attached to each other and its only been 4 months.even though people are different.

i'll wait for ur next post to see what u tink and if i can giv any more adivce.

again, i dont want to sound mean

Electropop

What would you do for a Klondak Bar
Website
www.myspace.com
Welcome to my Life, Its my own lifes theme song. I listen to it everyday.

Your not alone as a loner. I am one. =/ At school no one likes me, i have bad acne dont have the right face, little chubby. Not really im really slim -.- But you need to know you aint alone. =/ We all go through it.

Im here as a loner. -.-

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
When she leaves in september will you ever see her again?becuz i dont want to giv advice and then stuff turns out wrong for you.

No i will see her again during holidays like Easter and Christmas and such, its just not on a regular basis...

va said:
but can we tell you anything that you haven't already thought of?

There's a difference between thinking and having someone ram there thoughts down your throat, which makes far much more of an impact than subjective thoughts...

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Hmm. Where do you live, just to get an idea of distance.

(Oh, and for your information, I got the same GCSE results. :D Except with an extra B 'cause my school does 10 for some reason...)

If you really like her, and you think you can handle a long-distance (you get what I mean) relationship, then I don't see why not! :D

Of course, there'd be a lot you'd have to take into consideration. The trust issue, the interest issue, whether you could handle not being able to see her. It's a big thing, but if you had a few months together before she left, then you could always see whether or not you could cope with it.

And don't worry about being the 'loner' kid. I'm pretty much the same myself, I have about... two friends left, both of whom don't bother with me in public. I have problems, but no-one will listen.

Hope it helped, Chaywa.<3 <3

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Hmm. Where do you live, just to get an idea of distance.

If you really like her, and you think you can handle a long-distance (you get what I mean) relationship, then I don't see why not! :D

Of course, there'd be a lot you'd have to take into consideration. The trust issue, the interest issue, whether you could handle not being able to see her. It's a big thing, but if you had a few months together before she left, then you could always see whether or not you could cope with it.

And don't worry about being the 'loner' kid. I'm pretty much the same myself, I have about... two friends left, both of whom don't bother with me in public. I have problems, but no-one will listen.

Hope it helped, Chaywa.<3 <3

I live in London, so Warwick is a relatively long distance away from me...

The trust issue is there, although she is perhaps one of my best friends, she does have an alcohol issue which in the past has led to her 'getting off' with random people at parties and what not, which does concern me a little. But to be honest its a hurdle i would want to pass over nearer the time, not now...

bond of flames

you've got a soul, use it.
Website
www.facebook.com
well, i cant giv any more advice.
snow took it.lol

i totally forgot about the long distance realtionship.

im very sorry for that.
see?im not good with advice

but anyways, i'll still try to think of advice.

Joy

Bronze Member
Dude, if you were in my school, you'd be my friend. You see, unlike many teenagers, i would always go up to the ones who didn't talk with anyone and the sort. I would have definatley came over to you, and started to chat. Like it was nothing. I think you need that, though, who am I to judge?

Now, for the matter at hand. Now, she is not in the school anymore, correct? Wel,l I doubt that's a great idea if she isn't, but if she is, i would say go for it. It seemed as if she worked up the courage to ask you if liked her, and you said no, so she gradually stopped.

I would confront her and tell her when she originally had asked, you really did like her. You were just to afraid to actually say it, because of losing the friendships and whatnot. I would ask her. It seems worth it, and she could help with your confidence and many others things. Sure, it'll be a hard break up when you do break up, but you will have gained something invaluable. A life long amazing experience you can always refer to, and someone who knows you inside and out.

By the way, even with the long distance thing, i would go for it. You can come out with something great even if rejected.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Thanks all for the advice, and i seriously mean 'Thank You' here...

My aim is to have an answer by the end of the month, and as its my birthday on the 30th, the knowledge gained would be a far greater present than any material object could ever be.

~chay

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
...her dad lives somewhat close to you? when she goes off to Warwick or where ever it is, it wont be like you wont see her for a year. depending on how close she is with her dad, of course. from what you've said about yourself, i guess that she wont meet someone else like you, so if there are parts of you that she likes, she won't exactly "meet someone alot like you" which is good for you whether you stay a friend or not.

sorry for not giving a definite answer to...anything, but you have to remember everything.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
I have another year at school, she's off to Warwick at the end of September, and was wondering whether its worth asking the question, as hypothetically we would (if she said yes) be together for a total of 5 ish months before the parting of the ways, and i don't really want to comprehend in my mindset what to do afterwards??

lol, regarding this, I know your pain.

I'm off to Warwick Uni in September and my boyfriend is going to Southampton, and I have no idea whether to break it off in September or not. I've been with him basically all this year and even when I started going out with him, I honestly considered whether it was worth it.
When you get into a relationship, however, it's not always so easy to back down, and just split because you wont see much of each other. At the moment, I'm honestly considering trying to make the long distance relationship work when it comes to Uni time.

The trust issue is there, although she is perhaps one of my best friends, she does have an alcohol issue which in the past has led to her 'getting off' with random people at parties and what not, which does concern me a little. But to be honest its a hurdle i would want to pass over nearer the time, not now..

Guilty as charged.
The fact is, at University, I'd personally feel like I was repressing myself if I had to keep on my best behaviour. Being tied down sometimes takes the fun out of meeting new people at University. Plus, not many long distance relationships work unless there is SERIOUS dedication.

Though overall, I think you at least owe it to yourself to try with the relationship. Otherwise you'll always be in doubt. You can have 5 good months together, and an awesome summer. I know that it wont just be so easy to part ways, especially if you fall in love, but that's an issue to handle at the time (lol!), don't be TOO cautious. When it comes to love, you have to take every chance.

I know it sounds empty, but I am truly sorry to hear about your life. It's never nice to hear about these things.

Hope it helped.

The Midnight Channel

My Photoshop Just Died TT_TT
Chris, listen. I'll always be your friend. Dunno if it counts for much, but dude, you;ve helped me out to many times to count. I owe you so much, and your just a great guy.

Take the risk. I myself don't "Fancy" (YES~! I will now use british words >:3) long distance relationships because I prefer to see my GF on a fairly often basis. But, it all depends on what you think you can stand. IF you think you can stand only seeing her every month or so, then I would say go for it. Long distance relationships can be very hard IMO, but Chris, I'm sure you could do it. And if you really fancy her, I wouldn't let her slip through your fingers. I would seriously ask her out.

And Chris, remember this. ALWAYS USE PROTECTION =P

Jopari

You should tell her, at least I think so. A lot can happen in however little time you may have. I once had an experience like this, and I'll regret not telling the girl how I felt for a long time. On another note, I feel for you about being a loner. I have only three people who I trust enough to be honest with, but life goes on no mater what other's think about you.

Little_Red

betch.
long damn read

next time i want the reader's digest version

but anyways just ask her out

you'll regret it if you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back