• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Can't Believe I'm Still Chained to this Kid

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Q

Banned
lulz, you better be including Uncle.

And I'd like a cameo by Azariel and Octavius, pl0x? D: I'll rep u.

Haku

<3
Great chapter very mysterious and entertaining at the same time xD.

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
All right, next update. It's a long one, so prepare yourselves. Thanks for the compliment guys, and I hope I live up to that expectation, lol. SMK, check the note at the bottom.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wyrda was standing against the wall now, his head bowed, and his mousey brown hair hanging in front of his face, partially obscuring his face. It looked like he was resting casually against the wall, but in reality he was as tense as ever, his eyes wide open, the Third Eye band allowing him to have full range of vision over the mountainous cavern. He had not been completely honest with the scientists. He had noticed something among the gargantuan crevices and cracks that he had not mentioned, or any way recognized. He wasn’t sure yet, and he didn’t want to alarm the others. So he stood with his head bowed, his Third Eye band active as he scanned the area he had glimpsed before while scanning the cave. His vision zoomed as he saw through the hair covering his eyes, through his eyelids, and looked out toward the small group of crevices he had seen before. A few stalagmites were hanging there, and in the shadows of the darkness, he glimpsed the small white glow of a small floating object… He frowned slightly and zoomed in further, looking closer, and closer until it was if he could reach out and touch the small white sphere hanging in the shadows of the ceiling. It bore a small grey eye outlined on its surface, and even though it hung motionless in the shadowed air, Wyrda only had to wait for a few moments before it swiveled slightly, this time its eye pointed at the scientists finishing up among the burning rubble. It confirmed his suspicion. Whatever that orb was, it sure as hell wasn’t working for the Government.

“Wyrda,” said a voice, and Wyrda blinked, his eyesight returning to normal as he looked up to see the voice that had spoken. Riku, his long silver hair glistening slightly with the heat of the lava below, was walking toward him, and he leaned against the wall next to Wyrda, his blue eyes sharp and focused, similar to the look that Wyrda bore himself. As Wyrda looked at the cool and collected Riku, he had to admit, that besides his arrogance and pride, Riku was the most down to earth of the group, and would most likely be the one to understand this new information Wyrda had discovered.

“Riku,” he replied in equally vague fashion, turning his head so that he was looking at the silver haired Keyblader, “How’s it like holding the Keyblade again? Most wielders usually loose the feel for it after this long.”

“It’s been tough,” admitted Riku, summoning the Keyblade and swinging it experimentally, “But it all comes back. Like riding a bike.”

“Yeah,” said Wyrda, his mind still on the orb he had seen, “Hey Riku, can I see the Keyblade for a second?” Riku raised an eyebrow slightly suspiciously. Wyrda had always been too governmental for his liking. He claimed to know so much about this whole thing, and Riku couldn’t help but feeling a little in the dark. But he had shown himself to be trustworthy, and Riku wordlessly handed him over the Keyblade, and Wyrda gripped the handle, the lightness of the weapon surprising him as he swung it experimentally, gripping it hard, before leaning over the Riku, acting as if he was going to give it to him. Instead, as Riku reached over to take it, Wyrda pulled him close, so that they were neck and neck, their mouths hidden by Keyblade Wyrda strategically held up to block out that area, or more specifically, the area that the orb would be able to see.

“Don’t react to what I’m saying,” hissed Wyrda, his eyes locking onto Riku’s as he gripped his shoulder hard, “After I’m done, act like I was challenging you to a battle or something and push me away.” Riku nodded, his blue eyes reflecting confusion before they slowly shifted to acceptance, and then curiosity.

“There’s a small white sphere floating above two hundred feet in the air above us,” he said, his voice a whisper in case the sphere could somehow hear their words, “It has a grey eye engraved on it, and it turns to face various ends of the cavern. I think it’s some kind of spy, probably sent by the Nobody. Don’t look for it, trust me it’s there.”

“So does this mean that the Nobody is spying on us?” whispered Riku, his eyes focused on Wyrda, but his mind obviously on that spot, “It knows we’re after it?”

“That’s my guess,” muttered Wyrda, his eyes lowering, glazing over in concentration, in thought, “Most likely scenario is that the Nobody is conducting some sort of plan. Some sort of operation. You know that Nobody’s actually have intelligence as opposed to Heartless, which rely on instinct only. This Nobody will be far smarter then the Heartless… If what Haerthos says is true, then the Nobody’s plot revolves around some attempt to get to him.”

“Does that mean that something big is about to happen?” asked Riku, his eyes narrowing as his hand twitched involuntarily. Wyrda didn’t have time to answer, because a loud ringing noise suddenly filled the cavern. They both looked up to see the source of the beeping suddenly silenced, the Lead Scientist’s cell phone opening with a click as the scientist in question hooked up the cell phone to a portable hologram projector, which sat upon a makeshift desk in the center of the immense cavern, in the coolest section, away from the heat of the lava. The hologram projector whirred to life, a small blue beam shot from the tip of the projector, shooting outward until it formed a large floating image, a 3D rendering of the person on the other side of the line. Right now, it was the see through projection of a large talking head. A very familiar large talking head.

“President Chuck Norris is online,” said the head scientist, somewhat unnecessarily, and the President grunted, turning to face the group of heroes, Wyrda handing Riku his Keyblade before turning to attention, his boss looking down at him, an expectant look on his face.

“Wyrda,” he said, a statement more then anything, “Report. What is the situation?”

“Ira’s Heartless has been defeated,” replied Wyrda, somewhat dully, obviously disliking the formal reports he frequently had to make, “Ira’s Heart is in possession. Ira’s Nobody’s location is currently unknown. No indications of future actions have been found in the evidence, or what is left of it. We are at a dead end until Ira’s Nobody shows up.” The President nodded, the information seeping into his grizzled bearded face. He seemed to already know all this information, and yet absorbed it with a fierce intensity that surprised even Wyrda. He had never known the President to become this personally involved with a case.

“Well we’ve got good news and bad news fellows,” he said after he had finished absorbing the information, his voice amplified slightly be the technology, but retaining its powerful aura of intensity, “The good news is, we’ve found the location of Ira’s Nobody.”

“I thought that was impossible,” questioned the King, his eyes narrowing in confusion as his big ears perked up, “Haerthos said you couldn’t track things that didn’t exist.”

“66728 was correct in that matter,” replied the President coolly, and Haerthos narrowed his eyes and cocked his flamethrower, much to the amusement of the President on screen, “We cannot trace what does not exist. However, we can track certain signals that emit from a Nobody using a Dark Portal. Dark Portals normally do not release enough signal to lock on to, but this time we have enough. The Nobody must have amassed a great number of Nobody’s in order to make this many Dark Portals.”

“Uh huh,” said Wyrda, his eyes narrowed in suspicion, and he and Riku glanced at each other, a knowing look passing between them. This was no dumb luck situation. But the President seem not to surmise that, instead beginning to issue orders to the surrounding scientists.

“Pack up here and get back to headquarters,” he ordered his eyes flaming with commanding presence, “Wyrda, you and the others get over to this location. We’re sending it to 66728’s mini-computer.”

“I have a name you know, Norris,” spat out Haerthos, his anger apparent as he gazed contemptibly up at the President before him.

“Of course you do 66728,” replied the President coolly, his eyes flashing as he looked down at the convicted spirit, “But you still are a convicted criminal. Only after this is over do you get amnesty.”

“Don’t remind me,” muttered Haerthos, his flamethrower growing hot as he fingered the trigger lightly, “But how about a little respect for the people who are going to save you’re as—“

“You said there was bad news?” asked Riku, interrupting Haerthos’s tirade and staring up at the President, awaiting his response.

“Oh… well…” the President seemed actually seemed regretful for a moment, “As you know, the Ultima hasn’t exactly been staying still during this entire time…”

“Oh…” said Kairi, her eyes widening in horror, and Sora’s eyes narrowed as the question in all of their minds sprang to its lips.

“What has it done?” he asked, and the rest of them nodded, the question hanging in the air seeming to raise the tension even more then it already had been. The President didn’t answer, hesitating a minute before raising his hand and pressing a small button located on his desk, out of sight of the holo-projector’s range. The vision switched instantly, and suddenly the floating image was not of the President’s head, but of something far worse.

A hellish image covered the screen. There was no burning fires any more, no running people, no more battle noises. There was silence and desolation, and in the eyes of Haerthos, that was far more nerve-wracking then the previous noises of battle. The vision was of a sinister black landscape, completely flattened and destroyed, the only remnants of what once was a paradise being a few scattered piles of smoking rubble, the only thing left of the what looked like houses. The vision turned, and Haerthos knew that whatever remote camera transmitter they were using was panning across the field of destruction. More piles of rubble, everything that was not turned to dust ending up being a smoldering pile of rocks or wood. Endless it seemed, the uniform destruction stretching out as far as the eye could seem, so that the ground was utterly unrecognizable. However, as the camera turned, another something came into sight, the vision causing Kairi to gasp and hide her face in Sora’s shoulder. The King whispered a slight noise of disbelief and horror. Donald and Goofy held on to each other with a look of terror upon their faces. Riku did not make a noise, but the look in his eyes made evident pain he was feeling inside. Sora himself whispered a soft “No…” while Wyrda, professional by nature, stood in stoic silence. Haerthos was the only one that spoke, masking the pain he felt with a usual unfeeling comment…

“Well this sucks,” he said bluntly, and the others somehow knew that this was his way of dealing with the pain of what they saw and ignored him. The great castle of Radiant Gardens, the powerful golden castle that had reigned above all the other buildings in the area; the peak of glory in Hollow Bastion had been utterly decimated. The pride of the world was now reduced to an ashen pile of twisted metal, the only recognizable piece of the once might castle being the large golden heart ignesia, which now was charred black, slightly twisted and melted so it appeared as if the heart was ripped in two. The camera zoomed in on this twisted heart for a moment before switching back to the President’s face, a look of graven seriousness upon it.

“Yes Haerthos, this does suck,” he said, and everyone knew he was serious because he had called Haerthos by his real name. He needed all the help he could get if they were to stop this thing. “This is a prerecorded video surveillance. Shortly after this video was taken, the entire world of Hollow Bastion was taken apart. Yes,” he stated staring at their stunned faces, “The Ultima managed to actually disintegrate the world of Hollow Bastion, physically destroying the world until nothing was left but empty space. Hollow Bastion has fallen. And other worlds have already begun to fall…”

“What can we do?” asked Riku, his voice strong and cool, as if he was forcefully keeping his face blank and calm, “How do you stop something that can disintegrate entire worlds?”

“That Riku,” said the President, his eyes narrowed and very, very steely, “Is why we’ve recruited some… extra help.”

“What kind of extra help?” asked Haerthos suspiciously, and the President rubbed his eyes, as if in exhaustion before answering.

“Haerthos, we are dealing with a very powerful force,” he said, his voice sounding resolute and determined, “We needed some people with enough power to even make a dent on this thing. So we did a little snooping in the Government archives, and dug up some connections we’ve had with other forces strong enough to possibly do damage to the Ultima. We found four files still active.”

“So you hired out mercenaries?” said Wyrda, his eyes narrowed in anger, “President Norris, we can’t resort to…”

“I can resort to whatever the hell I want,” said the President, his face growing angrier by the minute, “And I say we need some more muscle on our side. These four people will be aiding you on your journey, some of them working with you on the Nobody. Mostly though, they will be dealing with the Ultima while you all save Ira. And for the record,” he added with a venomous look at Wyrda, “They are not mercenaries. They came once we told them the situation. They are… heroes as well...”

“Keybladers?” asked Sora, curiously, and for the first time this evening, the President laughed.

“Sora, compared to these guys, Keyblades are a relic of the past…”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments, critique, and all that jazz.

Oh and SMK? I intro'd them, but they will not be there until next post. Sorry.

Q

Banned
(lol, Keyblades are like toys compared to these four. And I hope to dear God you introduce them in the next chapter, Cyber. :O

lol president Chuck Norris. XD I'm gonna love to see how you play out all four of these characters, and I hope they interact with Sora. lulz. I want the Keyblade punk to see that he's small fry compared with these beefcakes. >:3

Perfect, perfect, perfect. I eagerly await the next installment!)

Last edited:

Haku

<3
Great chapter, this is the best chapter so far in the series xD.

Keyblade Smitey

Oh meh gawd... mercs who make keybladers look like children armed with wooden swords...

Hurrry up and post please.

*goes to kasplode from awesomeness somewhere in a corner*...

Twilight_Roxas

o_O AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! wow, that feels fast! do you usually update that fast? Wow, new people in next post, I can't wait! ^-^

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
Obviously, no lol. I usually get one up per month. That last one was real fast. Here's the next update. Intro Uncle. Short, but we get more action next post.
-------------------------------------------------

The dark expanse of space spread out eternally around them, an endless black sea that stretched as far as the eye could see. Although it appeared everlastingly smooth, it almost appeared like waves of space and time were coursing through it, every so often the azure blackness interrupted by a gentle cloud of green and blue space-dust, adding to the beautiful landscape that presented itself in the space between worlds It was an eternally majestic site, and for a moment, the occupants of the gummi ship let their dangerous mission slip their minds…

Kairi sat with Sora, leaning on his shoulder, staring wistfully out the window as Sora played lightly with a strand of her beautiful red hair as he twisted it lovingly between his fingers, so used to holding the handle of his silver bladed Keyblade. Goofy and Donald were nodding off slightly, a dreamless sleep filling their minds as a few disgruntled snorts of snoring came from Goofy every now and then… The King had his legs crossed, his tail waving lightly in the air as he watched the rest of them fondly, his ears perking up at every sound, his eyes glazed over with thoughts about the oncoming battle. Wyrda was not sitting, instead leaning against the door of the cabin they all were occupying; wiping his lance with a small cloth he had taken out of one of his many trench coat pockets. Riku was also leaning against the opposite side of the door, one leg up as it supported his weight, his blue eyes glazed over in focus, almost unblinking as he dwelled in his own, private thoughts. Haerthos himself was floating nonchalantly in the air; his feet crossing as he hovered mid-air, his eyes glazed as he held his hands behind his back, in an obvious pose of relaxation…

They were headed toward the Nobody… It was time for a little chill time so to speak… The mood of the room was obviously soft, slow, and calm. Like a wave of release, it seemed like the knots in everyone’s shoulders were just loosening up. Haerthos imagined soft radio playing in the background at one point, and for once during the entire voyage, they all felt no sense of rush or anticipation. They knew where the Nobody was. They would get there in time. There was absolutely nothing they could do in the meantime. It was a very, very relaxing thing to know… So they simply sat, stood, floated, whatever they felt like, the gentle silence of space combined with the dull drone of the gummi ships engine creating a powerfully calm atmosphere for the heroes to ride through…

However the sereneness of the situation was broken somewhat by a small beep. It caused the room to shift for a moment, but it eventually eased back into its progressively calm atmosphere. Wyrda wordlessly reached a hand into his trench coat pocket, and drew out a small cellular phone, which he flipped open, putting it to his ear, and listening to the voice talking to him on the other end. Haerthos leaned back in mid-air, his eyes scanning Wyrda’s face as he answered the call, trying to discern what the call was about… Wyrda caught his eye and it was like a message swiftly swept between them. It was nothing urgent… Haerthos spun in midair, turning himself so he was leaning his head in his hands, and continued to watch Wyrda as he nodded a few times, muttering a quick “Okay” before closing the phone with a click.

“All right,” he said, his voice rising in a business like attitude as he stared around at the sprawled warriors, “That was the Government. Apparently two of these “heroes” that they hired are coming to rendez-vous with us once we reach the outer part of the Nobody’s location. They’ll be intercepting us in a few minutes…”

“I don’t like it,” muttered Haerthos, making eye contact with Wyrda as he hovered in the air, “Sounds like super powered Government freaks to me. Probably the result of some sick experiment that they covered up years ago.”

“Whatever they are, we’re going to need all the help we can get,” replied the King, jumping to his feet and placing his hands on his hips, “President Norris said that they were powerful, and right now we need powerful. Right Sora?”

“Hmm,” said Sora absentmindedly, his attention still on Kairi’s hair before he started up, “Uh, yeah, yeah…”

“That’s right…” replied Riku coolly, turning to look at Wyrda, “I don’t know about you guys, but I could use a few super-powered freaks to deal with this Ultima. That thing leveled Hollow Bastion…”

“Don’t remind me,” muttered Haerthos, and Wyrda relayed the message back again… Kairi sat up, her eyes focusing, coming back from the dreamy state she and Sora had been in.

“When will they be here?” she asked, blinking as her blue eyes focused once more, “And how much longer until we reach the Nobody?”

“The Nobody is only a few minutes away,” replied Wyrda, flipping open his cell phone and checking the coordinates on it, “And the two are going to be meeting us in about…” Wyrda’s statement was interrupted by a strange whooshing clap, like a knife had suddenly popped the balloon of the reality around them. Sora and Kairi fell back, Kairi falling into Sora’s lap with a convenient WHUMP. Donald and Goofy were blown back, and were clutching each other in fear as they fell onto to the floor with painful ease. Wyrda was still standing, ever prepared, yet looked a bit shaken by the momentous blast for a moment before he resumed his normal, blank look. Riku had to put his hand on the door so as to stop from falling over, and Haerthos, immune to the shock of the blast, simply hung in the air, looking around in confusion as everyone else tried to regain balance and order.

“What the hell was that?” said Riku calmly, his Keyblade flashing into his hand as he glanced around the gummi-ship hall, “I don’t see anything…”

“Uh, guys,” said Sora, pushing Kairi off of him with a half-hearted look on his face, “There’s… something on the ground…” They all turned and looked, and every eye in the room gazed upon the strange thing that had come into their midst. It was small, barely over a foot high, and it shone with a strange pearly whiteness that seemed to sparkle in the dull gummi-ship light. As the light faded somewhat, like a glowing star cooling from it’s recent descent through the heavens, the strange small creature looked up at it’s surroundings, a curious, bemused look crossing it’s face.

“Is that a teddy-bear?” asked Goofy, somewhat stupidly, and Donald thwacked him on the head with his staff, yet looked nonplussed for the most part as they all stared down at the small white bear.

“Aww, it’s so cute,” replied Kairi, giggling slightly as she got off Sora and bent over, looking at it, “Aren’t you just the cutest little th-“ But Kairi’s words were cut off as another great boom filled the air, almost knocking them back even further were it not for the way they were already sprawled around the room. This time however, the boom took form, and words began manifesting into existence. Wyrda raised an eyebrow, for it seemed as if the roaring words were coming from the mouth of the small bear itself.

“HI TO YOU! UNCLE’S THE NAME, AND IT’S TIME TO SAVE THE WORLD!”

Q

Banned
Umm I LOVED IT :DDDD

but MOREMOREMORE D: I need more Uncle. More silliness! More insanity! More chapters! SURGE FORTH D:<

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
Oh yeah, that third page... awkward... Lets just say I was going through a phase of repression and... er... yeah... during that time. Chapters from here on out will be far more PG/PG-13

Update will be soon. A lot of stuff going on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back