• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Canonical Reason For Tidus, Wakka & Selphie Absence?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Was there ever a canonical reason provided for their absence from the beach party at the end of KH3? I assumed it was to preserve world order, but I also feel like maybe they grew up super fast and time completely flew by on Destiny Islands while everyone was away. Although, that wouldn't really work since Kairi was trapped there for about a year and didn't age.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
None that I know off. In universe they were probably busy doing something else on the main island while the celebration party was happening.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Kind of a shame they weren't there in either the scene on the islands before the climax and the party afterwards. Would have been nice to see them interact and meet with the allies their old friends made on their journeys.

Though the same could be said for the rest of the FF characters

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
There is no known canonical reason but as seen with the other FF cameos which were only added "back" in the DLC after much complaining from parts of the fandom and the development staff the most likely reason is that if Nomura can have his way he would like to ditch the FF cameos for good.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
They had no reason to show up. In KH, these three are completely unremarkable characters who have nothing to do the main story and aren't privy to the existence of other worlds, magic, or what have you.

Leon and the RG gang not being there definitely raises an eyebrow, but a bunch of normal kids? Not so much.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
There was no reason for them not to show up either. That said, I think the ending is better with the focus on the original characters finally being reunited, and all the pain finally being over. The absence of Seifer and his gang as well as the Radiant Garden crew are more beyond the pale, never really cared about Tidus, Selphie, and Wakka so much.

I suppose a canonical reason could be (if we're trying to think of reason where there is none) is that that island was for when they were small children, and so they wouldn't have known the others were there. At least, Selphie looks too "mature" to be hanging out on a kid's island in the 2 prologue, and I don't think SRK would've let them know they were over there since they were breaking world rules with everyone there anyway.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
But no one saw the Gummi Ship fly down from space and park on the island?

Also, does no one from the island even question where Sora, Riku and Kairi disappear to for months?

Selphie's comments in KH2 sort of explain the situation. The memories of Sora were corrupted/weak, so they barely remember him - much less Riku. Also, Tidus/Wakka/Selphie weren't shown to be their best friends. They may have been kids that went to the island as well and the island was a shared playground for kids.

Back