• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cancelled April Fools Prank

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
*Cancelled, stupid typos - could someone with admin privs here edit that please?

Hiii

I was talking with some of the staff about a prank for April Fools this year, and I'd considered doing a fake news announcement of a multi-media tie in for KH3 like FFXV had. Decided that might just piss people off, so the prank isn't happening but I thought it'd be fun to post what I'd been working on.

The announcement would have had three aspects, a CGI movie about Kairi and Lea's training and defending the other princesses. An anime about the X era (this was before Union X had been announced) and a side-scroller game in the vain of A King's Tale but about Mickey. If you guys are wondering why there's no text, it's because goldpanner was gonna make some translated japanese text. Hope you guys find this amusing!

8Jf8pME.jpg

w9IWkA0.jpg

IjCIR4y.png

wof2556.jpg

IMjX8sy.jpg

vI4LfMC.png

HFl4VuM.png

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Oh god, the last picture's nostalgia, daaayuuum. Looks awesome, I might be a tiny bit disappointed now. xD

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Oh no I didn't even know I wanted something like that. But I would legit watch and play all of those...... :'l

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
It would've been so cool to see it!

And I love the CGI photos you did! Especially the one with Jasmine and the one with what looks to be Reno instead of Lea holding the magic lamp. <3 So pretty. <3 Oh! I also love the Mark of a King a lot too. <3

I fixed the title of your thread. xD

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Whether you went with this or not, I'd still be disappointed that this isn't a real thing. XD

You made the right call that this would probably have pissed people off. While the "screenshots" are clearly fake the concept of having a multi-media tie-in to KHIII is actually pretty darn believable. And now thanks to you, I actually want them to do this (and with a series like Kingdom Hearts, which can barely handle a handful of characters at a time, having things like a movie and an anime mini-series for stuff that'll probably wind up happening offscreen in-game might actually be beneficial.)

The anime pics look a bit odd, but I think you did a beautiful job on all these screenshots! The Jasmine one is fantastic! How long did it take to find the perfect photo for that?

And....did you use Reno for Lea? *laughs*

Caxinuld

Awards
This is a lot of effort for an April Fools Prank. I love the pixel art so much & thank you for sharing all these cool graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back