• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can you think of good reasons why KH3 should be on Wii U?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Awards
I recently got my Wii U, it was very awesome, so I'll ask you guys.
Is there any great reasons why KH3 should be on Wii U, you can have your bad reasons too.
I think the reason is:
-HD
-Powerful graphics

That's all I got. lol

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
All the 'good' reasons you've listed to put it on WiiU are done just as well if not better by other titles. WiiU barely qualifies as an HD console while the 360, PS3, and especially the PC are well-established in that realm.

The only thing the WiiU has going for it are the input possibilities offered by the WiiMote, Nunchuck and Tablet. That said, I've no idea how you can maintain the fairly traditional KH gameplay style and include those 'features' without it coming across gimmicky or having the novelty wear off in minutes.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As Orion said, there aren't too many added benefits besides the possible input variations that would be granted by the different controllers. The game pad could clear up the HUD by having the map and whatnot on it. That's pretty much it.

I think it'd be extremely fantastic to use the Miiverse for Kingdom Hearts, though.

-Roxas-XIII-

You got a WiiU? May I be the first to offer my condolences.... Unless you already have every other good game console, you just wasted a lot of money.

Seriously though, I can think of absolutely no reasons why KH3 should be on the WiiU. The PS3 is HD, has 'powerful graphics' as you put it, and also has a much larger community. KH3 would sell 10x less if it came out on the WiiU instead of the PS3. The WiiU is one giant gimmick with it's target market being children between the ages of 6 and 12. By this time, KH fans who have been with the franchise from the beginning (such as myself) are gamers who want an experience on a 'core' system such as the PS3 or X360. The reason HD 1.5 ReMix is coming out on the PS3 is because SE realizes this. They are attempting to get their long-time KH fans back into the spotlight by putting the entire franchise on a console which those fans would be more likely to own. Putting KH3 on a childish console like the WiiU will counteract what they are attempting to do with the HD collections.

Also, I would hate SE forever if they put it on the WiiU instead of the PS3...

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
you know what would be awesome

if having it on the wii u allowed the ability of replacing sora's (or any other character) face with that of the player, i'd take pictures of my dogs

In all seriousness, the only reason I can think of as to why it should be one the Wii U is to have the game be more available as opposed to having it one console. Not that I can imagine most people only getting a Wii U and not any other home console.

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards
I can't really think of a good reason at this point. KHIII's production team will have already become familiar with PS3's hardware that there would just be no point in switching consoles. It just makes more sense to keep production on PS3 as is planned at this point.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Technically the Wii U is on par with, if not slightly more powerful than PS3/360, but since developers are much more familiar with PS3/360, games perform much better on those platforms rather than Nintendo's newly released one.

Still, it's really been the fans who've long decided that KH3 would appear on the PS3, ever since they mistook the KH2 Secret Endings for KH3. So many of those who want KH3 have already gone out and bought a PS3, so that along with the fact that the developers are quite familiar with that platform means it would be quite unwise of them not to release it there.

PhantomSoD

I personally like the WiiU and think that it could have a lot to offer a series like KH. Not for KH3 of course but I'd definitely like to see something from the next arc show up on Nintendo's new console. I'm sure they could implement a new gameplay mechanic like they did with reality shifts to take advantage of all that the gamepad can do. Preferably something using the panorama feature which I feel is one of the systems most unique qualities(maybe have a quickbutton on the pad for summons and then pick out targets using the panorama). Not to mention using the Wii remote plus as a actual keyblade(though making this work without slowing down the action so the player can keep up would be challenging). There are plenty of ways to make the KH game experience more immersive and fun. I really don't get why people think anything that isn't button smashing is stupid or "gimmicky". That includes the developers who just tacked on half hazard waggles through the Wii's lifespan. plenty of missed opportunities in whatever good titles that were released on it.

As for the power thing, it actually has been confirmed to be more powerful than the other current gen consoles. So a game built from the ground up for it would still look great.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I think it's best to keep it on the PS3 since its HD remasters will coincide along with it; for consistency reasons.

BluePikmin11

Awards
(Note: I started this thread at a bad time to sleep, so I putted up this thread quick and put the obvious reasons :p)
Anyways, I've been playing around with my Wii U and a lot of fun with Nintendo Land. I do think it would time for Donald to have smooth blinking eyes and put some new mechanics on KH3 that the Wii U can do to make it more enjoyable.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I prefer consistency. If Kingdom Hearts 3 is to be a console exclusive release, they should give it to Sony for this very reason. And it does seem quite likely too, as they're already in the process of bringing the series back to them again with these HD collections. That being said, I would not be opposed to the game being multi-platform. As long as it's out on the PS3 as well, so I can play all of the games back to back on the same console and feel the consistency.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
I myself own a WiiU now, and I have to say, I would personally prefer KH3 being PS3 exclusive, if only to keep with tradition and to give the developers the most advantageous console for them to work with on such a climactic game.

That being said, I do love the WiiU and what it can do, and I would jump at the chance to play later KH games on it. Even it is just a multiplatform release, players who don't wish to deviate from the "core" style of playing could have the option to use the pro controller with little to no difference, while having certain options and shortcuts available to the gamepad

-Roxas-XIII-

...put some new mechanics on KH3 that the Wii U can do to make it more enjoyable.

As far as graphics are concerned, there is NOTHING the WiiU can do which the PS3 cannot also do. The WiiU has a slightly better GPU than the PS3 and 360, but it also has a slower processor. This is sad considering the WiiU is at least 6 years newer than the PS3 and 360.

I wouldn't even want it to be a multi-platform release because that would probably mean SE would make some features of the game specifically for the WiiU's gimmicky features (such as the second screen and other crap). This may lead to the PS3 version lacking certain things. KH3 needs to be for PS3, and only PS3.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think it's best to keep it on the PS3 since its HD remasters will coincide along with it; for consistency reasons.
That's what we all thought after KH II but we all know how that story went...

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I'm not against the idea of a game being multiplatform lol. But it could be a burden on fans if console systems this time, instead of portable systems, have exclusive games.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
You got a WiiU? May I be the first to offer my condolences.... Unless you already have every other good game console, you just wasted a lot of money.
]
Also, I would hate SE forever if they put it on the WiiU instead of the PS3...

I have the Wii U and honestly, I think it is phenomenal system. The gamepad has as many joysticks and buttons as the PS3 and 360, but on top of that it has a microphone, touch screen, and second screen. Any game that is on multiplatform, not thinking about graphics, should be the best on the Wii U purely because in terms of gameplay, the Wii U can do everything the PS3 and 360 can do but so much more (you can use the Wiimote on the same game with the gamepad).

Also, hating SE forever, now you know how diehard Bayonetta fans felt despite the fact that Platinum really didn't have any other option lmao

if having it on the wii u allowed the ability of replacing sora's (or any other character) face with that of the player, i'd take pictures of my dogs

In all seriousness, the only reason I can think of as to why it should be one the Wii U is to have the game be more available as opposed to having it one console. Not that I can imagine most people only getting a Wii U and not any other home console.

lol, I just can see so many people putting their butt as Sora's face lmao However, I would make his face that of a Cabbage Patch kid, that way he looked just like he did in KH1...creepy as crap. That or I would take a photo of his smiling face so that he had to keep smiling through the whole game :)

I wouldn't even want it to be a multi-platform release because that would probably mean SE would make some features of the game specifically for the WiiU's gimmicky features (such as the second screen and other crap). This may lead to the PS3 version lacking certain things. KH3 needs to be for PS3, and only PS3.

You say "gimmicky" like that is all the Wii U has to offer lol I feel like the main reason you wouldn't want it on Wii U is because the Wii U one would no doubt be the definitive version of it (as Tekken and Batman both are, IDK about the other games that have been on all 3) and you wouldn't want to have to buy it since you obviously hate it so much xP

-Roxas-XIII-

You say "gimmicky" like that is all the Wii U has to offer lol I feel like the main reason you wouldn't want it on Wii U is because the Wii U one would no doubt be the definitive version of it (as Tekken and Batman both are, IDK about the other games that have been on all 3) and you wouldn't want to have to buy it since you obviously hate it so much xP

I know the WiiU also has a bit of core gaming as well, Black Ops 2 for example, but Nintendo consoles & handhelds often gear towards younger audiences who are interested in special features such as motion control, touch screens, 3D, and multiple screens. I am not included in their target demographic, as a result, those things do not interest me whatsoever. And yes, one of my main reasons for not wanting it multi-platform is because if that happened SE is likely to pay more attention to the WiiU version and give the PS3 version little or no care at all. I realize that not everyone shares my opinion (after all, its an opinion), but I do know that there are a number of people who agree with me, especially those who have been with the KH franchise form the beginning.

Overall, I'd say "hate" is too strong a word for me. I'm simply uninterested in the type of gaming experience provided by the WiiU and I am concerned that KH3 will be a style of game that is not interesting to me if it is put on that console.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Well with the new wii u controller i can pla games n my living room or in my kitchen
how is that not awesome

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I know the WiiU also has a bit of core gaming as well, Black Ops 2 for example, but Nintendo consoles & handhelds often gear towards younger audiences who are interested in special features such as motion control, touch screens, 3D, and multiple screens. I am not included in their target demographic, as a result, those things do not interest me whatsoever.

The Wii U is actually Nintendo's attempt to get the hardcore gamers back and considering the controller is sufficient compared to the PS3 and 360 controllers, I think you should try eventually giving it another chance.

Well with the new wii u controller i can pla games n my living room or in my kitchen
how is that not awesome

As long as their isn't a huge metal wall between you too that should work lol (as a result I can't play downstairs in my bathroom because apparently there is a metal sheet between my living room and it :( )

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
As long as their isn't a huge metal wall between you too that should work lol (as a result I can't play downstairs in my bathroom because apparently there is a metal sheet between my living room and it :( )
I....uh..... rightio.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back