• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Can you help me find an app?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I've been looking high and low for some sort of video player that will allow me to download and play streams whenever I want. I love TeamFourStar and I liked their Drunk Souls and Drunklstiltskin play throughs, so I want to download them and just enjoy. However, my Mac won't let me download and just stops part way. Does anybody know of any player or program that will allow me to do what I want on my MacBook Ari 10.10.5? I tried Youtubing it, and this program called Grappler couldn't do it.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
First off, gomansai to the mods for the double post. Sorry for any trouble ^^;

Okay, this is a two step process. First you have to rip the stream. I don't know what browser you use, but I assume this is youtube and you got Firefox. Here's a extension to do that with. If you're using something else, jdownloader should do the job.

As for playback, I'm just going to go with what I'd say for anyone playing fansubs on a Mac. You MIGHT have a codec problem. I'd suggest trying either Mplayer Extended or VLC (MAKE SURE WITH VLC THAT IT ISN'T ASSOCIATED WITH ANYTHING! It likes to take over your system on Windows, I don't think you want that on ANY pc. It's my last resort. Custom install it to avoid that problem.)

That should fix it, and that reminds me, I need to get VLC back on my system, lol.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Okay, apparently all that needed to be changed was my browser! I used Firefox and it downloaded fine!!! I have no idea why this wouldn't work on Safari though...anyway, thanks a whole bunch! It worked for one, so hopefully it works for the others. Again, thanks a whole bunch!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
No problem.

Oh and if you mess around the Order of the Blue Gartr board, thank orinthia too; that person pointed me at the ripper. :) He/she has a avatar that has a dolphin on it and the text, "I'm not a virus, trust me I'm a dolphin". I'll send him/her your regards since that's a board I can't recommend to anyone unless you got a thick skin; that board is crawling with trolls. People do tend to be decent in the tech section tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back