• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Politics Can We Kick Russia's Ass Now?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Seriously. Innocent people in Ukraine have been dying for almost a month now. The closest thing to doing something about it anyone has done is to send out of date weapons and expect them to win on their own. I don't care if it's not supposed to be our fight. I don't even care if Russia tries to push their big red button. Call Putin's bluff. destroy his army, and put a cap in that mother loving commie's head. I want to see America step up and show the world what happens when you kill innocent people, mes with democracy, and profit off the misery of your own country.

Soldier

Awards
The problem with that is that if America gets involved, it's officially World War III, and believe me, dealing with a war on TOP of a global pandemic/recession is the last thing we need. Thing is, war is very expensive, it's expensive to train people to become soldiers, it's expensive to manufacture arms, and it's expensive to feed the soldiers. Even if we go nuclear (which is looking more and more like a possibility) there are certain rules that need to be followed (I think?) before that becomes a viable option.

2 quid is good

Awards
This is Putin we're talking about. i think you can cut me some slack
It is horrendous what is happening in Ukraine, however, rightly or wrongly, there is no appetite for prolonged war in Europe. Most people have somewhat of an idea of what that entails. Just to give you an idea, there's like, 15 or so places in the UK that lost *nobody* during both world wars. In France, there's ONE.

Forget Soldier's point about war being expensive (although he's not wrong, but that's not how I approach it) war is BLOODY. At the start I had the feeling that if it was a drawn out affair I thought for sure the rest of the continent would be dragged into it, however, with every passing day it seems more and more likely that it will end soon, and that Ukraine will be victorious. Hopefully it's the case, but right now the best we can do is provide aid, get all the women and children out, and carry on with sanctions, which are absolutely having an affect on Russia.

Honestly I was appalled with what I read, it's the height of American arrogance to suggest go bombing in a country thousands of miles away when they will not feel the affects AT ALL. In Europe we're still dealing with unexploded WW2 bombs all over our cities (my car was a victim of one) and you wanna subject the continent to that again? Get over yourself.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
That is a very loaded question. I can't comment on it, but I find myself very antipathetic to Russians these days...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I’m going to close this because I don’t think “put a cap in that mother loving commie’s head” is quite the necessary take we need on this subject.

We can absolutely discuss the conflict in Russia and Ukraine but I think it needs a better opening topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back