• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can we just talk about how awful the Cherry Flan is

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That’s it. That’s the topic. I’ve done everything else I need to do to get the Orichalcum+ and all that is between me and Ultima is this mini-game.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I really didn't like it at first, but I eventually learned some tricks for it (the biggest one being /only/ use left or right, not left-up, up, right-up on the joystick, just left or right and just small touches to adjust. hit the arrows, let go of control etc). After that I didn't mind it as much. I like the concept of it a lot, but yeah the controls are little woof.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I really didn't like it at first, but I eventually learned some tricks for it (the biggest one being /only/ use left or right, not left-up, up, right-up on the joystick, just left or right and just small touches to adjust. hit the arrows, let go of control etc). After that I didn't mind it as much. I like the concept of it a lot, but yeah the controls are little woof.

It was definitely a cool idea, but because of how they set collisions to work, it just takes all of the fun out of it.

Yeah, I’ve slowly learned this stuff as well. My best run has only happened when I was finally zen enough to stop trying to control them and just let the game do its thing. It’s very counterintuitive to play something that you don’t necessarily have to manually control at all times.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah... it's the shield slider. Cool concept, but the mechanics are rough around the edges, and I literally mean that edges are a problem.
I mean, I appreciate that you lowkey do the entire city on it for the minigame, though. That's neat and more in line of what I wanted out of a Kingdom Hearts on ps4.

Brings me back to the good old days of discovering Tarzan's slider had more tracks.

okhi12

Awards
Maybe it's just me, but for this flan and the Frozen slider, I found it easier when I used the controller in a particular way. Instead of placing the tip of my thumbs in the analog sticks, I placed that part where the joint is, the central part of the thumb. That way I am more accurate with the left and right directions. I don't know if this will be useful to you, but give it a try and handle the controller in different ways, if you didn't try that already.

allenleonardo

Awards
It was probably one of the minigames that I liked the least in this game because I was quite bad at it. Still I cant stay angry at those flans they are so cute. (And the music in the tangled minigame..<3)

I played CoM after KH3 and honestly I started to like the mini games in KH3 even more after having to get 150 points in the veggetable sorting mini game in Puhs world..(I really started to dislike the bear and his meddling in the minigame after quite a lot of tries..)

Awards
My biggest rage with this is that if you hit a wall a certain way, you end up spinning around 180 degrees and going backwards, or knocked into a corner where it'll automatically fail you. I did manage to get it beat finally, but good grief.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I think Cherry Flan did take the longest number of attempts, but the rest weren't bad. I just watched youtube videos and completed most on the first try. *sigh* I need to push on and platinum this game already.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Which one was the Cherry flan? The worst one for me was the one in San Fransokyo. That one made me want to scream because if you fall a certain distance, the animation changes into the "free fall" mechanic and the controls go crazy.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
What helped me was memorizing the boost placements up until that first turn in the garden area and trying to touch the analog sticks as little as possible. Everything after that was smooth sailing.

Which one was the Cherry flan? The worst one for me was the one in San Fransokyo. That one made me want to scream because if you fall a certain distance, the animation changes into the "free fall" mechanic and the controls go crazy.

The one in Olympus.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
What helped me was memorizing the boost placements up until that first turn in the garden area and trying to touch the analog sticks as little as possible. Everything after that was smooth sailing.

The one in Olympus.
Ah yes, that one. It took me a while to get used to the crazy controls, but once I did I kind of found it fun trying to navigate the best path.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
See this is why I went XBox One: no equivalent to a platinum trophy, no need to bother with every little achievement. Sure Ultima would be nice but at the moment there's nothing that warrants it a necessity. So I can just outright ignore all of the silly little minigames.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The only reason I don't have Ultima is because I'm missing two Flan minigames: the Caribbean's, and I haven't even tried San Fransokyo's Flan. I hope future entries don't lock ANY Ultima recipe ingredient behind a minigame.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The Caribbean's flan is really easy, actually.

The cherry one is definitely annoying, but I like the flan. The Monstropolis one is probably my 2nd least favorite. Nowhere near as bad as the BbS minigames or the KH2 data battles (and some of the XIII mushrooms).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The Caribbean's flan is really easy, actually.

The cherry one is definitely annoying, but I like the flan. The Monstropolis one is probably my 2nd least favorite. Nowhere near as bad as the BbS minigames or the KH2 data battles (and some of the XIII mushrooms).

I did the Monstropolis one again to farm some Bananas again yesterday and I don't even remember it haha. I thought that one was so easy because it was just one big Aeroga/za spam fest. It's not memorable, though lol

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
For the Caribbean you just need to time the usage of the bell in the middle for when the flan going horizontally appears and you're pretty much set.

Another one I dislike? Toy Box. I hate that the ceiling can just destroy all your hard work in building a tower and nothing tells you.

My favourite is without a doubt the Corona one. It was so much fun trying to spot all the different flans and their actions.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Thanks everyone for the Caribbean Flan tips, lol. I'll try to get myself to get that Flan done, San Fransokyo's, and then try to finish the Gummi Shop segment of the Orichalcum sidequests. xD

allenleonardo

Awards
I found the one in monstroplis to be the hardest because I was at first not spamming magic much or use the keyblade transformations. I then saw a video of someone using the olympus keyblade and its power and it kinda made it quite easy.

The one in tangled world was the best for me. Music was sweet and I enjoyed just watching all the different flans.

Back