• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can Video Games Lead To Murder?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Reaper

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]I've always felt that the issue is that a violent and dangerous mind looks for entertainment that reflects his or her inner urges. Not the reverse. If there aren't violent videogames to play, there will be violent movies to watch. If there aren't violent movies, there are violent books to read. If there aren't books, they'll doodle scribbles of decapitated hookers. (There was a Jack the Ripper suspect held on evidence of a poorly drawn naked woman scrawled on a piece of scrap paper in this garbage. I'll look it up if you really want to know who it was, but I can't remember just now.)

The danger signs of violent behaviour are often obvious to anyone who actually wants to look for them. Violent media is not a cause, but it can be a symptom. If only people would take the time to educate themselves, then maybe they would ask the right questions when little Billy beats hookers all day in GTA, rather than assuming he learned everythig he knows from a game.
[/font]

P.S. I found this information to be very truthful among my friends! They didnt kill themselfs but they were getting more into violence by playing games like GTA. I think this is a very good statement!

MASTER CECIL

wait and bleed
well it has happened before in florida about that kid who shot a cop becuss he was trying to imatate a game and he said "life is nothing but a game"

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
No, they can provoke or bring out violent behavior, but it's not the game's fault. If anyone kills someone and claims it was the game's fault, then it was something wrong with that person in the first place.

rikubaka67

Awards
i have a friend that told me once that if she didnt get 2 kill people in video games, she'd be out killing in real life. but i've also heard stories about people who get seriously injured trying 2 do stunts from games. i think that it depends on the person.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I have played GTA and other violent games and I have threaten to kill someone before but I didn't do because I had to think for a moment but this didn't happen because of GTA this happen because I was picked on so it isn't video games that lead to murder its either in-life problems like getting picked on by bullys or just a random person or you have mental problems and need to see a doctor even though now I don't try to say I will kill someone :cool:

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Anyone else think this should be in the 'Discussion' section? Oh well.

No, I don't think it's from videogames. I HATE it when people blame games and movies and stuff for their idiotic behavior. It's their fault for telling themselves that it's okay to kill people or to jump off a building.

In short, don't blame the game.

AzNxHaVoX

Website
xanga.com
well i saw a tv seris that did a pardie of that it was kinda idiotic though.... but ya so people they play the game just to calm there self like i do.. but so people are just freaks*not to offend anyone* and take it to far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back