• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

can t play games anymore :(

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferry13

O_o a dancing Gaara
Rotterdam in the netherlands and in my house and i
something is wrong with my computer... each time i try to start a game i get an error message of some kind and saying windows needs to shut it down , and with aoe 3 it says : the minimum req = 64 mb of video card ram (i have 128) and it says i don t meet them.
and most games just shut down , except age of empires 2
but oblivion morrowind , aoe 3 , a lot of mmorpgs. i think it happened like 4 months ago , i was playing goonzu but i stopped and wanted to try warrock >> which did not start , and after that i didn t play any pc games.

please help me >> it kinda looks like my video card dissapeared

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the video card?

1. Right click on 'my computer'.
2. Choose 'properties'.
3. Click on the 'hardware' tab at the top.
4. Click on the 'device manager' button.
5. Browse to 'Display adapters'.
6. Look for any questionmarks or exclamation points. (Both are warnings that something isn't properly configured.) If neither are found, proceed. If something is found, try fixing those first.
7. Right click on your video card and select 'properties'. Under 'Device status', it should tell you if you have a problem with the card, most of the time.. not all.
8. If you still don't see any warning, exit the 'properties' menu.. then right click on your video card again, and choose 'uninstall drivers'.
****WARNING: If you have drivers for the device which DIDN'T come with Windows, you WILL need your driver CD to reinstall the proper drivers.. without which, Windows can't install it, if it isn't supported.***
9. Reboot. Windows *SHOULD* automatically redetect the video card, and install the drivers. If you have custom drivers on a cd, you should have an option to search a cd, or other location for the drivers.
10. If everything is successful, you will have reinstalled your video drivers. Reboot windows again, and try running the game.

Also: Is your video card by anychance 'onboard'..? Something may have been changed in your bios, if so..

Finally, what version of windows are you running?

~~Azu

Ferry13

O_o a dancing Gaara
Rotterdam in the netherlands and in my house and i
ill try that now thx ^^ and was i glad to see you , if you didn t know any way to help me i would have reformatted my pc as soon as possible

and its xp
and my card is geforce mx 4000
and i barely know how bios work and what onboard means (computer terms)

Xavier

Instead of reinstalling from disc. I would strongly recommend uninstalling and reinstalling from the Nvidia Forceware setup file. Which for your card, it would be located here....

ForceWare Windows XP/2000 32-bit

The drivers on the original installation disc are outdated by 4-6 years. Also, check to make sure since your card supports it...... You have the latest version of Direct X installed. I know it sounds funny but it's alot faster when you use newer versions because of rendering programming and code bloating from older files is no longer present. Updating Direct X to 9.0c will allow you to run Shader 2.0 and OpenGL 2.0 as well as stabilizing your graphics card's transfer bandwidth by accurately routing information quicker.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
I didn't even think Oblivion supported the MX 4000. Actually, just looking at the supported cards listing, the lowest GeForce card is in the FX (GeForce 5) series.

In any case, only suggestion I can give beside buying a stronger card (trust me..the MX 4000 is from like..2002 and a low end version of the 4 series) is to do what others have done. I find that the 66.93 drivers tend to work best with the older cards (FX and below), although, you can try using the more up-to-date version of the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back