• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can someone tell me why Kairi forget Sora ?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OZ mind

This question was in my mind for a long time and no matter where I look I couldn't find a definitive answer the question is: Why is Kairi and the kids from destiny island the only ones to forget Sora in KH2 ?

I remember in KH re :chain of memory's , Namine changed Sora's memory with flash and he forget Kairi and most of his adventure in KH1 , and after he save her she tell him that she will reconnect his memory while he sleep and he remember Kairi before he slept .

In KH2 Disney characters remember him but the kids from destiny island don't , I thought maybe because he forgot about Namine he forgot Kairi because she is her nobody , but that doesn't explains why the other kids didn't remember him

does anyone know the answer ?

Rosebudx

Awards
Actually, everybody forgot about Sora. Even Riku was having some issues remembering him IIRC, and he was working directly with Namine and DiZ to help the poor kid out. Everyone remembered when Roxas rejoined with Sora and his memories became complete again.

If you recall, the Hollow Bastion Restoration Committee all mentioned that they forgot Sora and suddenly remembered him again, leading Sora to give them grief because of Leon's whole "We may never meet again, but we'll never forget each other" line. No one else specifically mentions forgetting/remembering Sora, but it happened.

The only characters who for sure did not forget about Sora are Namine, Riku, and DiZ. I would tentatively add Org. XIII to that list, because I'm not sure if Namine's memory magic works on Nobodies, and possibly Mickey, because he was kinda working with Riku, so he may have been given the same handwave as Riku and DiZ.

HK Motendra

Awards
Do keep in mind that at the time what (little) you see of everyone at Destiny Islands was before Sora was awakened, which would explain why they'd forget about him. Though when they do, they just assume that he disappeared during the night of the storm, like Riku did and pretty much left it at that (I don't remember if it was ever stated by them in game. I doubt it though, but I remember as such). Everyone in Hollow Bastion forgot too, and actually remembered him at the same time. How soon it would take affect on those involved is another story.

As for the Disney characters, I've two possible surmises.

1: Namine didn't alter Sora's memories that involved the Disney worlds and only changed the ones that would directly affect his actions in the castle by gradually replacing Kairi with her. In doing so, all of the things associated with Kairi, such as Hollow Bastion and everyone who lived there, & oddly the people of Destiny Islands were swept out as well. After all, the only thing that would need to be altered about his visits to each world would be why he was on the journey to begin with. Therefore, each world would still apply, but with minimal to near negligible change.

2:They did actually forget and remember him, but either it was never stated or they maybe forgot that they even forgot in the first place

Hope that helps

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
2:They did actually forget and remember him, but either it was never stated or they maybe forgot that they even forgot in the first place

Keep in mind that Nomura doesn't have to state that literally every single diddlying Disney character forgot! I'm pretty sure this is the case, since the other one doesn't seem likely, because we do see him not remembering the people and experiences that are familiar to him in the Disney worlds from Chain of Memories. If you're with a friend that you haven't seen in a while and remember his name as soon as you see him, you don't start the conversation with "Oh hey, I remember I forgot about you a while ago," right? You just wouldn't have to state something like that.

Rosebudx

Awards
1: Namine didn't alter Sora's memories that involved the Disney worlds and only changed the ones that would directly affect his actions in the castle by gradually replacing Kairi with her. In doing so, all of the things associated with Kairi, such as Hollow Bastion and everyone who lived there, & oddly the people of Destiny Islands were swept out as well. After all, the only thing that would need to be altered about his visits to each world would be why he was on the journey to begin with. Therefore, each world would still apply, but with minimal to near negligible change.

My issue with this is that Sora did forget about the Disney worlds in Chain of Memories. (Keep in mind that I haven't played CoM in a while, so I may be mistaken; if I am, please correct me). Through the course of the game, we see him go from being confused about why no one remembers him in Traverse Town to barely recollecting Agrabah to not having any memory of Neverland, for example. Namine didn't just pick and choose what links she took out or replaced, but kind of invaded his memories and completely reset them. The Disney worlds were explicitly not excluded from this unfortunate reality.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The literal first thing Leon says is that everyone remembered them at the same time. Everyone forgot and their memories became clear before Sora woke up. As did everyone on destiny islands

This question was in my mind for a long time and no matter where I look I couldn't find a definitive answer the question is: Why is Kairi and the kids from destiny island the only ones to forget Sora in KH2 ?

Kairi was actually the only confirmed person, who wasn't in contact with Sora to retain some of her memory of him. Namine could make it so that all memories were wiped from everyone but she couldnt totally alter kairi's ...she said it was because she was the 'shadow of kairi'..so her nobody. Namine was asked to remove Sora's memory of Kairi because she was his strongest memory, to remove the memory of Kairi would shatter his and everyone elses chain of memories connected to him.

So in order to reconnect the chain of memories Sora had to remember his strongest memory...Kairi. Little by little the memories connected to Sora were rebuilt...we see this in KH2 with restoration percentages prior to flashbacks of memories shown in Roxas's dreams

Everyone connected to Sora must have experienced memory loss if so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back