• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can someone explain to me how Sora, Donald, and Goofy were stupid in KHII?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
As if we haven't already enough dark, serious main characters around...no, Sora needs to become one as well...*facepalms*

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
They all inhaled poisionus gas in thier sleep chambers resulting in brain damage, or Namine did more than just rearrange thier memories

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I understand why everyone is trying to make sense of Sora's... ill personality, but honestly it comes down to one thing: bad writing. He didn't even think of Namine until FM was released. FM had to add in a bunch of scenes and story we didn't see because the writing was terrible. And even then FM didn't even fix the game completely.

Honestly, I just want a CoM Sora to return. Sora seems to remember Namine now, and if he remembers everything in CO, maybe his personality will balance out or whatever.

Either that, or let Vanitas smack him around a little in DDD so he can lose the cocky, awkward-ness. I wants my CoM/Mature Sora and I wants it now.

And who says he can't be serious and comedic? =/

blueheart

Bronze Member
Sora can be happy and jokey and light hearted*not in serious situations of course, or during really bad times*, but only if he gets a slightly deeper voice, talks more slowly and doesn't act like he's 5 or "cute". And have less retarded sentences come out of his mouth.

More like Zack, but even then, not so much.

Last edited:

Grey

I'm laughing at all of the people in this thread who are seriously attributing KH2 Sora's lack of intelligence to some form of character development. It's pretty obvious that Sora's idiotic behavior is a result of poor writing and nothing more.

I mean, yeah, Sora tends to be a little more cheerily stoic than most characters, but they portrayed him as a moron. His lines are corny rather than deep, he is never shown to be capable of coming to any sort of conclusion on his own, and while he has matured physically, he seems to have lost maturity mentally. His second journey was in no way less serious than his first, so he shouldn't have acted as if everything was a goddamned joke. He took nothing seriously, and you can tell that it's just a failed attempt at appearing carefree and light-hearted if you pay attention.

If anyone else wants more evidence indicating that it's bad writing, go on YouTube and observe Sora's reactions upon meeting his CLOSEST CHILDHOOD FRIENDS in The World That Never Was. Sora isn't bothered that defenseless Kairi had been kidnapped, is now in a battle zone, and was worried about him. He just awkwardly hugs her and basically says nothing. But when Riku, who is clearly tough enough to handle danger, is revealed to be Ok, Sora breaks down crying at Riku's feet, clutching his hand and sobbing uncontrollably. Granted, Kairi was "safe at home" for most of Sora's journey, but even that doesn't justify the intense underreaction to Kairi, followed by the intense overreaction to Riku.

Or, you can play the entire game and see how the Disney Worlds are useless slap-ons that really only fill the non-Organization parts of the game. KH2's writing was complete crap, so there isn't any other necessary explanation for Sora's newfound stupidity in the game.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I really think it's prob a mixture of all of the arguments. Let's get back to Real Life and think about our personalities and minds, how we think, mind you. Sora is a individual person, so he can have a different reaction to things around than you and me would. If he saw a big heartless monster, he would say something cocky and kick it's arse. While some us would neither, run, hide or try to fight. My point is, that we can't really say how he should act in certain situations if we never been in that type of situation ourselves. I mean when was the last time you fought a monster, as in Real Life?

There is one argument that I saw that I partially agree too, which is the happy mask thing. I mean have you seen yourselves when you try hide your problems to the world? I mean, possibly some of us are good of hiding our feelings, but for others... not well. So maybe that's his way to try to keep positive outlook on his problems, by saying stupid things and acting cocky so the others won't go, "Are you okay?" and worry about him and not the problem ahead.

My main point is this... I think it's all the arguments. But then again we are really not Nomura, so we can't really know how he's going to go from here. I personally would like him to be a bit more mature, but hey, it's Disney! They are not really fans of seriousness...

CA59

I agree with everyone who said he was retarded in KH2, Sora in BBS was smarter and more mature than him. KH2 Sora ruined nearly every scene he was in.

"Don't mess with street rats!" = Lame.
"I guess you think you can psych me out by saying really random stuff!" = No, you're just retarded...

strugglechamp

Personally to me it just seemed like sora wasn't thinking in KH2. In KH1, Sora was asking questions, trying to figure things out. Even though the main reason he went on his journey was to find his friends, he still cared about what was going on around him. In the second one, it was like he just didn't care. Other than saying Sora, Donald, and Goofy and trying to find Riku, Sora didn't care about anything. The organization dropped a ton of hints of things happening in the KH universe which are connected to Sora in some way, but Sora never tried to figure anything out. He never questioned anything. He just didn't care.

Mephis

Okay, I'm seeing these posts saying Sora is stupid because of...lines he used that you find corny? Wtf? That makes some of you look stupid by saying that. I'm being convinced that he wasn't that dumb at all, but people on here just have a messed up view on what's supposed to make someone intelligent. And then people saying they want Sora to be a serious character? This forum has problems and is probably full of trolls.

flurryflames

It is their character personalities that are supposed to act that way. They aren't supposed to be that acknowledgable like some characters. If they were people who complain about their personalites don't fit their characters. Also you want to be comfortable with a character than driven away by their actions. They are fine the way they are.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Personally to me it just seemed like sora wasn't thinking in KH2. In KH1, Sora was asking questions, trying to figure things out. Even though the main reason he went on his journey was to find his friends, he still cared about what was going on around him. In the second one, it was like he just didn't care. Other than saying Sora, Donald, and Goofy and trying to find Riku, Sora didn't care about anything. The organization dropped a ton of hints of things happening in the KH universe which are connected to Sora in some way, but Sora never tried to figure anything out. He never questioned anything. He just didn't care.

This had bothered me, a lot, while playing the game. There were many mysteries, more than in KH1 I'd say. But for some reason he doesn't seem to give them a single thought. I've always wondered why he didn't even question "How did I get in an egg shaped sleeping hold?"

I get he wanted to focus on "saving" the worlds and stuff, but really, no thoughts or questions, at all.
Not even for a split second, then say, "Nvm, I got other things to do."

If they wanted to show these things as character development, they should have done something else to show it. Like inner monologues. Just something to show some thought process going on in his head.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Okay, I'm seeing these posts saying Sora is stupid because of...lines he used that you find corny? Wtf?

And what else do people have to go on? The lines he has are the only things we have to base our views on. Am I to judge him on my own headcanon of Sora? The headcanons of the fandom? Fanfiction? No. What else is there but the words given to us in the official work?

That makes some of you look stupid by saying that.

You are entitled to that opinion of us.

I'm being convinced that he wasn't that dumb at all,

Not all of us feel he was dumb. Again, we are saying it is his lines that make him appear dumb. Not that he is.

but people on here just have a messed up view on what's supposed to make someone intelligent.

We are saying he was dumbed down from KH1/CoM to KH2. The character reflects the writing. If the writing is bad, the character becomes less of a good character and turns into a poorly written one. We are basing our views on his intelligence on how he has been presented to us though the script. I'm wondering how you judge Sora's intellect.

It is rather subjective to argue intelligence of a fictional character since the character is not real and it is almost impossible to judge his intellect on any scale.

And then people saying they want Sora to be a serious character?

That is some people. Not everybody.

This forum has problems and is probably full of trolls.

Don't lump us all together. And please, go to any other forum. You will find people with views just like these. Maybe not as collective, but if you judge us on this site you must judge all of the community.

The only troll I see here is you. Especially with your Hiei avatar that screams "I will flame you." <--See, that is trolling.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
It wasn't necessarily them in particular, KH2 just had really bad and awkard writing and dialogue in general.

Mephis

We're all so glad you think this. Now leave.
This is my topic. So if you want to leave, since you really have nothing to say, you can leave. I'm not going anywhere.

And what else do people have to go on? The lines he has are the only things we have to base our views on. Am I to judge him on my own headcanon of Sora? The headcanons of the fandom? Fanfiction? No. What else is there but the words given to us in the official work?
Yet the lines aren't enough to determine a damn thing. I'm sure most of you say corny things all the time and don't feel dumb about it.

We are saying he was dumbed down from KH1/CoM to KH2. The character reflects the writing. If the writing is bad, the character becomes less of a good character and turns into a poorly written one. We are basing our views on his intelligence on how he has been presented to us though the script. I'm wondering how you judge Sora's intellect.
This is also an opinion. I don't think Sora is particularly stupid or smart. He's likely as intelligent as any boy his age, with more experience and knowledge about certain things.

It is rather subjective to argue intelligence of a fictional character since the character is not real and it is almost impossible to judge his intellect on any scale.
That is not always true. Sometimes it's made perfectly clear how intelligent a character is.

Don't lump us all together. And please, go to any other forum. You will find people with views just like these. Maybe not as collective, but if you judge us on this site you must judge all of the community.
I'm well aware that people on other forums have that mentality, but there's no need to include them if we're posting on here. Also, I didn't lump everyone together, just pointing out what I see from some of the posts. If you're not calling Sora an idiot without any decent argument behind it, then this has nothing to do with you.

The only troll I see here is you. Especially with your Hiei avatar that screams "I will flame you." <--See, that is trolling.
So you've found out why I'm using the avatar. And if you really trolled like this, then I would flame you.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yet the lines aren't enough to determine a damn thing. I'm sure most of you say corny things all the time and don't feel dumb about it.

I don't spend my time in an oblivious haze, attacking before asking questions, and talking as if I'm a twelve year old with a small vocabulary.

This is also an opinion. I don't think Sora is particularly stupid or smart. He's likely as intelligent as any boy his age, with more experience and knowledge about certain things.

And yet he hardly displays that in KH2. In KH1 and CoM he was definitely more perceptive and thoughtful than he was in KH2. KH1!Sora was cheerful while still having some rather wise moments. KH2!Sora just cheesed his way through problems because he was too busy trying to stay positive.

That is not always true. Sometimes it's made perfectly clear how intelligent a character is.

Of course, but we have never been told Sora is a genius, or told he has average intelligence was my point.

I'm well aware that people on other forums have that mentality, but there's no need to include them if we're posting on here. Also, I didn't lump everyone together, just pointing out what I see from some of the posts. If you're not calling Sora an idiot without any decent argument behind it, then this has nothing to do with you.

I'm sorry but when somebody decides to insult us as a collective group as if we are the only ones who feel a certain way and get called "trolls" for it when they know we aren't, I'm not going to sit here and twiddle my fingers. I called Sora an idiot in KH2, so I am obviously one of the people you are directing all your comments to.

So you've found out why I'm using the avatar. And if you really trolled like this, then I would flame you.

And then I'd close your thread among other things. Sadly, I missed my chance to close this since it was already done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back