• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can someone explain the super Mario games to me... (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
Why do all the super Mario games feel like they're the same game, except the 3D games, the paper games, the baby Mario games, and the party games, don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for Mario, they were like the first official games I ever officially owned, my first console was the SNES, (the first games I played were my uncle's Sega Genisis), it just feels like the same game, that gets resold over and over and over again, with slight updates, but the story stays the same, can someone explain this to me please? Quick note I Haven't played a Mario game since the SNES, then the GBA then the WII u.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
That's why, while I like Mario, I wouldn't buy a system just for it. Well, that's a lie, I bought the SNES re-release some years ago for Super Mario Racing or whatever it's called. I didn't have the game as a child, but my cousin did and I was always so jealous, it was so fun. The only other thing I can think of is Sunshine Mario. My sister had the Gamecube and I loved playing that game probably because I always found cleaning satisfying, it suited me. *shrug* I believe I remember the game was unpopular though? A shame, I'd have loved if they'd made a Sunshine sequel.

vaderskywalker

Awards
That's why, while I like Mario, I wouldn't buy a system just for it. Well, that's a lie, I bought the SNES re-release some years ago for Super Mario Racing or whatever it's called. I didn't have the game as a child, but my cousin did and I was always so jealous, it was so fun. The only other thing I can think of is Sunshine Mario. My sister had the Gamecube and I loved playing that game probably because I always found cleaning satisfying, it suited me. *shrug* I believe I remember the game was unpopular though? A shame, I'd have loved if they'd made a Sunshine sequel.
I'm talking about the main line games, the 2d side scrollers, and why they always feel like the same games, and if they feel like that with anyone else, not including paper, baby, and Yoshi.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I feel like you could basically say of any long game series. IMO Mario does a hell of a lot more to shake things up than say CoD or sports games ever do.

Back