• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Can She Do That?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
(On a first note if this belongs in Religion move it)

Alright, I have been a avid Christian, and as of lately I haven't been going to Church lately due to Golf practice, and how I'm excelling at it. Now I know that in the word of Christian teachings that it says that you shouldn't put anything before God, and I do that.

The thing is that since I have been going to practice on Sundays and not Church, my mom has been getting rather mad over the subject. She states that she is going to take everything away from me if I don't know start going to their (The church my mother and father attend) Church. I told my mom that I don't like the Church that they go to, but that isn't good enough for her. I even told her that I am un-sure on my Realigion any way. That pissed her off even more. Well she said by not going to the church that they attend and am sinning, by not honoring thy parents. I honor them, I really don't see how not going to there Church is dishonoring them.

Well okay, my mom tried to hit me with an Ultimatum this week, by stating that if I don't go to their Church, that I will be forced out of the house. I took the Ultimatum as a fluke and left for school laughing.

So what I want to know is, can she really do that? Can she kick me out of the house just because I don't attend the Church she wants me to, but yet I still pratice the same Realigion that she does? I really don't see how that makes her the better person.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 36435

she owns the house
she can do whatever the fuck she wants with it

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
she owns the house
she can do whatever the fuck she wants with it
That is the thing, she doesn't own the house. My aunt does, she things the whole kicking out thing is a bunch of crap.

S

Shadow Soldier

Pretty sure she can't. Besides, you should go for that thing where you're allowed to move out at that age.... I forget what it's called.

Also, just because you don't go to church, it's not sinning. Your mom's a cunt and tell her to shut up about religion. Or better yet. Tell her that she's the reason you're unsure about your religion.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
(On a first note if this belongs in Religion move it)

Alright, I have been a avid Christian, and as of lately I haven't been going to Church lately due to Golf practice, and how I'm excelling at it. Now I know that in the word of Christian teachings that it says that you should put golf before anything, and I do that.

The thing is that since I have been going to practice on Sundays and not Church, my mom has been getting rather mad over the subject. She states that she is going to take everything away from me if I don't know start going to their (The church my mother and father attend) Church. I told my mom that I don't like the Church that they go to, but that isn't good enough for her. I even told her that I am un-sure on my Realigion any way. That pissed her off even more. Well she said by not going to the church that they attend and am sinning, by not honoring thy parents. I honor them, I really don't see how not going to there Church is dishonoring them.

Well okay, my mom tried to hit me with an Ultimatum this week, by stating that if I don't go to their Church, that I will be forced out of the house. I took the Ultimatum as a fluke and left for school laughing.

So what I want to know is, can she really do that? Can she kick me out of the house just because I don't attend the Church she wants me to, but yet I still pratice the same Realigion that she does? I really don't see how that makes her the better person.

"ONE BAND! ONE SOUND! WHEN ONE SOUNDS BAD! WE ALL SOUND BAD!" -Dr. Lee ~ Drumline(film)

Your not exactly eighteen, or even your own legal guardian, not to mention its a state law that you have to attend school (homeschooling doesn't account for that). As seen about the practice of an immoral injustice, its one thing if you were disowned and they called child services, its another to just throw you out which I'd imagine is a "you must be joking?" kind of scenario for you.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Pretty sure she can't. Besides, you should go for that thing where you're allowed to move out at that age.... I forget what it's called.

Also, just because you don't go to church, it's not sinning. Your mom's a cunt and tell her to shut up about religion. Or better yet. Tell her that she's the reason you're unsure about your religion.

First off, where the hell did you come from?!?!?

Anyway I think whatever you are talking about, might only be a Canadian thing. I have never heard of any one out on there own at 16; it sounds pretty good at the moment though.

S

Shadow Soldier

I can't remember what it's called. They used it in an episode of the Simpsons, when Bart moves out on his own into that apartment...

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I can't remember what it's called. They used it in an episode of the Simpsons, when Bart moves out on his own into that apartment...
Oh so it is from the Simpsons, so it should be fool proof. I just love believing everything I see on T.V.

(PS: You are no fun this way)

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I believe you are thinking emancipation?

And yeah, unless there is a legitimate reason, which there isn't in your case, she cannot kick a minor out.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
Tell her that at least you're going to church and still are religious unlike others.. no offense but she sounds like a bitch.

Go talk to the priest of her church and ask him if maybe he can tell her? Maybe she'll listen.

i LOL'd at her thinking it's her church. a bunch of other people go there too...yeahyeah i understand she/you didn't mean it that way but it sounded funny when i read that part.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
It's called Child Emancipation.

kthnxbai

Seriously, I've never been a fan of threatening someone to go to Church (any Church); and I also think people should be more open to that kind of thing (though, I imagine it's pretty difficult for a parent to have their child be question their religion). Either way, she is your mother, right? I mean, you might not like the church, but you can at least go with them until you're on your own.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
Now I know that in the word of Christian teachings that it says that you should put golf before anything, and I do that.

I'm not quite sure the bible mentions golf ;D

but yea, as already stated, legally she can't kick you out.

UsagiOkami

The Random Rabbit
Noting that sanity is a point of view... Mine is s
Alright, I have been a avid Christian, and as of lately I haven't been going to Church lately due to Golf practice, and how I'm excelling at it. Now I know that in the word of Christian teachings that it says that you should put golf before anything, and I do that.
I don't get the golf bit either that just doesn't make sense, though I'm glad that you are really good at it and making an effort.

Hate to break it to you but any church that says to put the church first before family or says that by not going to a specific church you are "dishonoring" your parents and therefore have the right to be kicked out of the house is a cult. My parents were in one and I have read articles and my mom has as well about cults and how they operate, any church that would encourage your mom to kick you out f the house if you don't go to a specific church is most likely a cult. and if you are un-sure about your religion look other ones up, seriously do it, my family used to be Christian before and the teachings didn't make sense to us so we looked into other religions and found out that we were better suited to the teachings in Hinduism, you might find that you really are a Christian or you might find out that you would rather follow Judaism or be an Aetiest, look for other options and do some reasearch in your local library or online.

No she cannot do that legally, you are underage and a minor, by law she cannot do that. Your in the US right? If so then no she legally cannot and if she tries call CPS because it's child abuse and neglect which makes her an unfit mother, hate to say it I imagine she is really nice in other aspects but any mother that would even consider doing that because of a church has some issues, if she tries to follow through with it get soe witnesses be it your aunt or some close friends and then stay with someone else and call CPS. She legally cannot kick a minor out of the house, if you want to get emancipation you can but you have to have permamnant residence as well as a job that can sustain you, if you do that you can legally at 16 move out of the house.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As a legal guardian, no. If she kicks you out of the house and endangers you in anyway, I'm pretty sure you can go to court for that.

As a bitch, yes.
Once you hit your 18th birthday, though, you're fucked.

Jolteon

The cutest Jolteon EVA :3
Watchig the lightning bolts dance in the sky...
Well..this is stupid on your mothers part. She can't force you to go to church. It isn't a sin, its just God would like for you to go to church so you can mingle with those who believe in what you believe, as well as learn more about Jesus.

Now just know that what she's doing is wrong, she has no right to force a religion on you. You're old enough to make your own decisions. However it looks like she doesn't want to accept that, therefore she's acting contolling... And I'll be honest I've accepted jesus, but I don't force my beliefs on other people.. Those who do, I just want to whack them over the head and say "Hey! Jesus never forced people to believe him! Why should we?" Tell them in a civilized way about what you believe, then leave them alone to decided for themselves.

The only thing I can tell you right now is pray... Pray that your mother sees the errors of her ways, and will take the time to sort things out and talk to you about it in a calm and respectful manner. I'm not saying you have to do this, it is your choice. Rememeber, this is your life, don't let others run it for you.

-Jolteon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back