• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can Kairi be a Guardian of Light when she is already a Princess of Heart?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Not all writing is good, so the key could be anything.

Well yes, the key could be anything, and Kairi is often brought up as a possibility. No one is saying that Kairi is the key with certainty, only that it's in the realm of possibility.

Anyway, the topic is digressing. It's about Kairi's status as a GoL, not TKtRH.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's true that the Key to Return Hearts could be a Keyblade, but it could also be something else: a procedure, a bunch of data, or even a human being (a category which Kairi falls under). This all is really still up in the air for guesses.

Correct, that's why it was even brought up again?

Not all writing is good, so the key could be anything.

Exactly, and Kairi is still one of those possibilities as well, that is all that has been said and pointed out so far.
The Key being a new Keyblade as as much (or as little) credence as it being Kairi or the Princesses in general with our current level of information.

All in all, I would say that both possibilities are not very creative or original considering what the series has been done so far, as Keyitems or other Macguffins throughout all the games so far have been nearly always either been a person or a Keyblade.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Edit: Also, if Kairi does end up being the KtRH, I truly hope that it isn't a "press x to save the world" type of deal. I want there to be some sort of cost to it. Like, maybe it could kill her? Granted, that's probably getting too much into XIII-2 territory... But Kairi really needs to overcome some sort of turmoil, because even if she did end up doing this, people would still probably complain that she really didn't do anything. And in some ways they'd be right, because she herself didn't do anything, but rather her role did. If she's actively making a choice about it, though--knowing that it could even be at the cost of herself or something--then that's completely different.

How can I convince you what you see is real
Who am I to blame you for doubting what you feel
I was always reachin', you were just a girl I knew
I took for granted the friend I have in you

I was living for a dream,
Loving for a moment
Taking on the world,
That was just my style
Now I look into your eyes
I can see forever,
The search is over
You were with me all the while

Can we last forever, will we fall apart
At times it's so confusing, these questions of the heart
You followed me through changes, and patiently you'd wait
Till I came to my senses, through some miracle of fate

Loving for a moment
Taking on the world,
That was just my style
I can see forever,
The search is over

Now the miles stretch out behind me loves that I have lost

Broken hearts lie victims of the game
Then good luck it finally stuck like lightning from the blue
Every highway leading me back to you
Now at last I hold you, now all is said and done
The search has come full circle, our destinies are one
So if you ever loved me show me that you give a damn
You'll know for certain the man I really am

Loving for a moment
Taking on the world,
That was just my style
I can see forever,
The search is over

I'm just going to copy this beautiful poem, so I can remember it forever. LOL.

Anyway... Tbh, I have mixed feelings about Kairi being the KtRH. As Ruran (and I believe Sephiroth, too) already said, I feel like they just give Kairi roles to play, whilst they don't develop her as a character or person at all. And if she is the KtRH, that'd probably make it even worse. IDK.

However, I can see it happening (because you know that the "'Key: sometimes pronounced 'Kye' err... Kai" thing is going to come up again, among other things), and I suppose it could be a cool plot twist. It's also very Disney-esque. IDK.

Though I think a number of casual fans might not like that. I've heard from a lot of them that they don't like the idea of Kairi becoming a wielder because A) The writers are probably just doing that because they don't know what else to do with her. B) They don't like that her PoH role is losing its focus. And C) Because they think Kairi should be a pacifist and gentle, and should also be the idea of peace and home. To that end, I imagine that some of them might prefer her being TKtRH, rather than a fighter. And in some regards, I don't think that opinion is unfounded, but in others, I'm completely fine with Kairi being a wielder/GoL.

"and the other is the “light” key, that opens something else." This line just screams that it's Kairi to me. I mean, Nomura's drawing attention to the fact that there might be more to the Light type of Keyblade. And Kairi has a heart of pure Light, and has been seen to have possibly returned a heart before, so... Plus, Nomura even commented that what the Key is exactly, nobody knows.

Anyway, back on topic, I do think that Kairi can be a GoL, as well as a PoH at the same time, but if she will be is yet to be seen. After all, I don't even think a GoL even necessarily has to be a Keyblade wielder or have a heart of strong Light. To that end, Donald and Goofy are just as likely candidates as Kairi is. And it's going to be really interesting when III rolls around, to finally know for sure who the Lights and Darknesses will insist of. LOL.

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
LightUpTheSky452 said:
Also, if Kairi does end up being the KtRH, I truly hope that it isn't a "press x to save the world" type of deal. I want there to be some sort of cost to it. Like, maybe it could kill her? Granted, that's probably getting too much into XIII-2 territory... But Kairi really needs to overcome some sort of turmoil, because even if she did end up doing this, people would still probably complain that she really didn't do anything. And in some ways they'd be right, because she herself didn't do anything, but rather her role did. If she's actively making a choice about it, though--knowing that it could even be at the cost of herself or something--then that's completely different.

That's certainly an interesting way to look at it. At the very least, it will give her more to do and let her have more of an impact in the overall story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back