• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can heartless speak?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody Master

I was just wondering something random... Can Heartess speak?

I have a couple of arguments for both sides... On one hand, heartless are supposed to be purely instinctual creatures that have no mind (as it was left behind in the Nobody). So, in this case, surely Heartless don't have the intellectual capacity to speak?

On the other hand Ansem (Xheanort's Heartless) can speak perfectly well, even though he is a Heartless.

I'm inclined to say yes, they can speak...but what do you think?

Last edited:

roxasfire

i believe that the heartless cannot talk. example:sora couldn't talk when he turned into a heartless. what makes you think that heartless can talk? what about nobodies?

sora741

depending of the strength of the heart this is possible but why couldn't Sora talk when he was a nobody even the keyblade though his heart was strong enough. *looks up at the runners of the KHI fourms* can someone bring in a expert here

man of oblivion

I don't believe that heartless have the capability to speak. Unless they become as advanced like the Nobodies who have the ability to speak. It doesn't matter how strong the heart is because like "sora741" said that even though Sora had a strong heart he just became a small heartless who wasn't capable to communicate. I can't really explain how Xehanort's Heartless could talk I guess when a being that can talk (Xehanort) and loses it's heart and is transferred into a body like its own that is able to talk then that's when a heartless can talk. Does that make sense?

KershaFangs

Ansem, even though he was a Heartless, retained his human conscious and was powerful and dark enough to retain his ability of speech, while Sora only retain his human conscious and couldn't speak.

I believe some smarter and stronger heartless, like the one that Ansem created, can communicate with each to plan out attacks and such, much like wild animals in this world. But it isn't as distinct as speech as the one we use, just something to signal and give out basic commands.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
That was speech through the mind. Nobody to Nobody. Besides Nobodies can talk if they are strong enough, like Organization XIII and Namine.

But Heartless on the other hand. The only ones able to talk were Xehanorts and Soras Heartlesses, I'm talking about Sora after Kairi hugged him and gave him back his human form (Yes, Sora was a human shaped heartless from KH1 HB until Roxas joined back with him in KH2). I do believe Heartless have some form of comunication, it could be through their antenna, or the mind, like that Nobody with Roxas. As for speech... no. Except Xehanort and Sora, no other Heartless without a human form has spoke.

KershaFangs

Actually if you recall, Ansem before even coming into contact with Riku spoke with Sora, before he got his body. So it is really the sense of how much of human traits are retained when you become a Heartless wheter or not if you have a conscience or the ability of speech.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I don't think so. The Shadow Heartless remind me too much of Marvin Martian (the thing talks, but it don't got a mouth). They may not talk, but they might have some way of communicating with each other (though I doubt that too!). The Cresendo Heartless can call other Heartless for help, but only my making some type of tune noise (doubt that counts as talking, but communicating) . The Rabid Dog's can bark, but that's just a stupid attack and they're dogs so they don't talk period. Another thought that they could talk telepathically to each other, but who knows?

Other than this, no. The Nobodies could probably talk though, since one said "We have come for you, my liege" to Roxas.

Roxas 22

Standing in the Darkness searching for the Light.
Actually if you recall, Ansem before even coming into contact with Riku spoke with Sora, before he got his body. So it is really the sense of how much of human traits are retained when you become a Heartless wheter or not if you have a conscience or the ability of speech.

ya i supose your right but no1 really knows if it was Xehanorts heartless personally i think it is Xemnas. but i can see it from your point of view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back