• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can anyone tell me anything about Naminé?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSpaceMAN022

Who is Naminé?
Shes someone that has control over Sora's memories. But still...who is she? Where did she come from? How does she have this power? How long has she been around?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Namine is Kairi's Nobody that was born from Sora.

At the beginning of KH1, right before Destiny Islands was engulfed by the darkness, Sora unknowingly hid Kairi's heart within him. This heart, Kairi's heart, was released when Sora sacrificed himself in Hollow Bastion to wake Kairi up. This process gave rise to not only Roxas, but also Namine, since Sora held two hearts when it happened.

Therefore, Namine is just like Roxas. She was born with Sora's body as an intermediary, but from Kairi's heart instead of Sora's.

TheSpaceMAN022

At the beginning of KH1, right before Destiny Islands was engulfed by the darkness, Sora unknowingly hid Kairi's heart within him. This heart, Kairi's heart, was released when Sora sacrificed himself in Hollow Bastion to wake Kairi up. This process gave rise to not only Roxas, but also Namine, since Sora held two hearts when it happened.

Therefore, Namine is just like Roxas. She was born with Sora's body as an intermediary, but from Kairi's heart instead of Sora's.
ahhh ok. Makes perfect sense now.

Gram

Banned
Awards
As solosis done stated, namine was born as kairis heart left soras body retured her own and because of this she had power over his memories.
However this is pretty much all we know.

As diz points out in the kh2 secret reports, she was born as a nobody is normally born but she lacked the components (kairis body and soul).
Kairi, being a princesses of heart, has no darkness and cant produce a heartless and as we seen in kh1 her body doesnt vanish when her heart is lost either neaning namine lacks both kairis body+soul and a corresponding heartless.

And as we know soras body+soul (with vens damaged/dorment heart in tow causing his appearance) went on to form Roxas, so namine has nothing of sora either.

Yet despite this namine still exists even though she literally came from nothing and she's yet to be explained by anyone.

Dr_Mario64

Mmm...The best way I can describe Namine is as a "pseudo-Nobody". By which I mean she is a Nobody by definition (i.e. "a being who lacks a heart yet is self-aware and capable of making its own decisions"), but not a proper Nobody because she lacks the anatomical components of body and soul.

Supposedly, her existence is due to Kairi's heart being trapped within Sora due to the events of the prologue of KH1. However, she possesses little in common with Kairi. Her body is clearly different, and she does not appear to have Kairi's soul as her personality is more pessimistic than that of Kairi's. Also, for an unexplained reason, Namine has control over the memories of others.

Her actual identity is unknown, but it is implied that her unusual existence is due to Kairi being a Princess of Heart; meaning her heart was pure light. Granted, this is only a theory, but my best guess is that Namine is a physical representation of the light in Kairi's heart; similar to how Vanitas was darkness incarnate. This would explain her improper existence as a Nobody. Her ability to manipulate the hearts of others, though, I got nothin...

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
On top of what everyone else has stated, at this point Namine is pretty much an anomaly-atypical. We know some stuff about her but she doesn't strictly fit into a group because historically, there hasn't been another being like her. Even being classified as a Nobody is more for the sake of simplification because that's the closest thing she resembles, but being born of a PoH and a Keyblade wielder the stars lined up just right for her birth. I think the notes in 3D even hint that Namine is technically more Sora's Nobody than Kairi's since she was directly born form him, thus, can manipulate his memories. It has yet to be seen what exactly Namine is and why she had to go back to Kairi as it seems that she took nothing away from her. Days shows that there are records about the secrets behind Namine, so that may play a part in the future.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Who is Naminé?
Shes someone that has control over Sora's memories. But still...who is she? Where did she come from? How does she have this power? How long has she been around?

1. She's kairi's nobody who was born in castle oblivion as opposed to the standard birth place of nobodies, Twilight Town. 2. Not sure how she got her powers, most likely she was born with them. 3. she's been around since sora became a heartless.

Ruran

Awards
1. She's kairi's nobody who was born in castle oblivion as opposed to the standard birth place of nobodies, Twilight Town. 2. Not sure how she got her powers, most likely she was born with them. 3. she's been around since sora became a heartless.

Nobodies can be born in any between world, not just Twilight Town. Castle Oblivion is also a between world so that's not unusual.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Supposedly, her existence is due to Kairi's heart being trapped within Sora due to the events of the prologue of KH1. However, she possesses little in common with Kairi. Her body is clearly different, and she does not appear to have Kairi's soul as her personality is more pessimistic than that of Kairi's. Also, for an unexplained reason, Namine has control over the memories of others.
Souls have nothing to do with personality in kh. They just function as the life force of the body.

Secret Ansem's Report 4
The distant days spent in that beautiful paradise are an illusion to me now.
How long have I been here, banished to the realm of nothingness?
It is only by relying upon my anger and hatred that I have been able to retain my sense of self here where all existence is nullified.
My heart is being overcome with hatred toward my apprentices, possessed by the darkness, and with the anger I feel for stupidly allowing myself to be betrayed.
Is this darkness, eating away at my heart?
I cannot continue to idle away my time here.
What are Xehanort and the others attempting to do?
I must unravel the mystery of these Ansem's Reports, intercept my apprentices, and defeat them.
That is my mission...the only way to repay the world for my sins.
Those beings who lack hearts—the Heartless—must be the key.
The darkness of the heart, made flesh. Cursed shadows who not only lack hearts, but multiply by seizing hearts from any and all living things.
Where have they come from, and where are they going?
Three elements combine to create a life: a heart, a soul, and a body.
But what of the soul and body left behind when the heart is lost?
When the soul leaves the body, its vessel, life gives way to death,
but what about when the heart leaves?
A being does not perish when its heart leaves its body. The heart alone disappears into the darkness.
There is little time.
If I remain in this realm much longer, I will certainly learn these answers the hard way.

When it comes to personality, memories, basically everything you are, it all lies with heart. Which we see several times, such as when Sora is saved from being a heartless by kairi, even though his body and soul already went on to create Roxas he still retained his personality, memories, and over all sense of self.

(while Roxas was born blank cause sora was saved before the memories could transfer)
(Namine was likely born blank as well since she lacked anything of kairi)

Ruran said:
I think the notes in 3D even hint that Namine is technically more Sora's Nobody than Kairi's since she was directly born form him, thus, can manipulate his memories.
I got that vibe as well.

Last edited:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
It's pretty obvious why she doesn't physically resemble Kairi though, isn't it? For the same reason as Roxas doesn't really resemble Sora. Of course, discussing this any further would mean spoilers for Birth by Sleep.

Ruran

Awards
It's pretty obvious why she doesn't physically resemble Kairi though, isn't it? For the same reason as Roxas doesn't really resemble Sora. Of course, discussing this any further would mean spoilers for Birth by Sleep.

BbS is over three years old bro, it's time to let the stigma of spoilers go~

Canonically, Kairi and Namine and Sora and Roxas look identical to each other with only minute differences, e.g., the blond hair. Roxas was made to look the way he was more for artistic reasons since Nomura wanted him to give a sense of being more mature compared to Sora. Kairi and Namine look even more alike. It wasn't a Nomura interview and I can't remember who said it, but I do recall that it was explained by one of the staff once that Namine's KH2 model was directly based off of Kairi's. Namine is literally just Kairi with blond hair (and arguably a paler complexion).

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I know, but I wasn't sure whether or not there would be a ban on spoilers now that the game is being re-released and many people will be playing it for the first time. Then again, maybe they wouldn't read a thread about the origin of Naminé if they didn't want spoilers about games they never played.

It makes sense for Roxas to look different from Sora in terms of how he is perceived by the player, but he looks identical to Ventus and thanks to the power of retcon, or perhaps something Nomura had planned way in advance if I'm going to be a bit less cynical about it, we have a good reason why.

Both Naminé and Roxas were born from a body that was the host of three different hearts at the time. I think it's fair to assume that Ventus rubbed off on both of them. Whether there's a bit of Kairi too in Roxas and Sora in Naminé is anyone's guess.

Ruran

Awards
I know, but I wasn't sure whether or not there would be a ban on spoilers now that the game is being re-released and many people will be playing it for the first time. Then again, maybe they wouldn't read a thread about the origin of Naminé if they didn't want spoilers about games they never played.

It makes sense for Roxas to look different from Sora in terms of how he is perceived by the player, but he looks identical to Ventus and thanks to the power of retcon, or perhaps something Nomura had planned way in advance if I'm going to be a bit less cynical about it, we have a good reason why.

Both Naminé and Roxas were born from a body that was the host of three different hearts at the time. I think it's fair to assume that Ventus rubbed off on both of them. Whether there's a bit of Kairi too in Roxas and Sora in Naminé is anyone's guess.

I think the spoiler ban is something we preoccupy ourselves with after the the Re:MIXs are released. If I recall right, there was a spoiler ban only for the Days "movie" which didn't take effect until 1.5 was released.

I mentioned this is another thread but the series can be weird at times at how it approaches characters that are supposed to look identical to each other. Canonically, Sora, Roxas, Ven, and Vanitas as well as Kairi, Namine, and Xion are supposed to look very similar but the writers only have the characters notice this when they feel like it.

Namine being a blondie because of Ven is pretty common theory and I think 3D further suggested (from what I've heard, take my words with a grain of salt for now) that there's in fact a deeper connection between Namine to Sora than there is to kairi since she was born from him. Kairi rubbing off on Roxas doesn't seem likely imo.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I mentioned this is another thread but the series can be weird at times at how it approaches characters that are supposed to look identical to each other. Canonically, Sora, Roxas, Ven, and Vanitas as well as Kairi, Namine, and Xion are supposed to look very similar but the writers only have the characters notice this when they feel like it.

Yeah, this is true... at least in the case of Sora and his "other incarnations".

Xemnas noted the resemblance between Sora and Roxas in a cutscene at the beginning of KH2 and Days, saying that he'd been to see him (Sora) and he looked just like Roxas. Also, in BbS, Aqua remarked that kid Sora was a a spitting image of Ventus, a remark which generally is only reserved for reference to physical appearances. Finally, Vanitas looks like Sora because Ventus' heart connected with Sora when Vanitas was extracted, thus by syllogism we can say that Vanitas looks like Ventus and Roxas as well.

It may not appear that way to us players, but in the games, they are understood to be identical.

Ventus_

Awards

Thank you for this and to the OP for this thread I too have been confused by her. Somehow I knew she was Kairi's nobody but not how and the story line of Chain of Memories as I pay now seemed to me to lead it in another direction which had me thinking I was wrong.
How in this case does Sora have memories of Namine as a third childhood friend on the island? He describes an awfully specific scenario where she was always drawing, never played, and he and Riku once fought over which of them would be her next model. He then remembered her leaving the island and crying. How is this possible? Is it what Cheshire Cat warned, that one's memory can lie?

Ruran

Awards
Thank you for this and to the OP for this thread I too have been confused by her. Somehow I knew she was Kairi's nobody but not how and the story line of Chain of Memories as I pay now seemed to me to lead it in another direction which had me thinking I was wrong.
How in this case does Sora have memories of Namine as a third childhood friend on the island? He describes an awfully specific scenario where she was always drawing, never played, and he and Riku once fought over which of them would be her next model. He then remembered her leaving the island and crying. How is this possible? Is it what Cheshire Cat warned, that one's memory can lie?

By any chance, have you finished Re:CoM or are you still going through it? Because if you haven't it becomes clear later on.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

You'll find the answer to that question at the end of Chain of Memories, but if you can't wait:

Namine's unique birth gave her powers over the memories of Sora and everyone connected to him. As he traversed through Castle Oblivion, she replaced more and more of his true memories with false ones, first by introducing herself as a third friend, then by replacing Kairi completely.

Ventus_

Awards
By any chance, have you finished Re:CoM or are you still going through it? Because if you haven't it becomes clear later on.
Alright that makes sense. I am still in the process of it, I've just finished Halloweentown and am about to leave it. Which by the way is my last of the first set of world cards.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Alright that makes sense. I am still in the process of it, I've just finished Halloweentown and am about to leave it. Which by the way is my last of the first set of world cards.

Right at around the time the story starts to pick up again, in other words. As you traverse between floors, some of these scenarios you mentioned earlier will either come to light or simply get muddled up by the Organization's plans.

Also, have fun with Larxene. She can be quite a pain if you don't abuse Sonic Blade.

Ventus_

Awards
Right at around the time the story starts to pick up again, in other words. As you traverse between floors, some of these scenarios you mentioned earlier will either come to light or simply get muddled up by the Organization's plans.

Also, have fun with Larxene. She can be quite a pain if you don't abuse Sonic Blade.

She's already defeated me three times...like right now! I've never even tried to master sleights and in this case Larxene is way too diddlying fast and long ranged with her attacks for me to get the cards arranged. One defeat was especially frustrating and one of those scenarios where I really get pissed off at the card system because she wouldn't let me go to reload my diddlying cards.

EDIT:
Alright got her! Opened a Moogle Room in Halloween Town and got a third high numbered cure card and equipped Cloud who ended up giving her the finishing blow! It was awesome!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back