• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can a male and female just be friends? Why or Why not?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

fantasy08

What it says on the tin lol. Is it impossible because sex will eventually get in the way? If it does come up which gender do you think will initiate that line of thinking first? Can you still just be friends if attraction is present? Or can both truly have a fun, no romantic strings attached, friendship? Just like you would with friends of the same gender or a sibling. If so how? What boundaries do you make sure are set so sex will not crop up ?

Discuss :)

Edit: Yes, I mean can a heterosexual male and a heterosexual female, that are not siblings or related in any way, be just friends with one another. Why or Why not?

Last edited:

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Um, yeah. That is how it even escalates to a romantic relationships.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
What kind of stupid question is this? There are countless situations in which two people, one being male and the other being female, feel absolutely no sexual desire between each other. Similarly, if one side happens to be homosexual, then there is absolutely no chance for there to be any sexual tension between the two.

I don't even know why you would even ask this, as it clearly shows you haven't put a single ounce of thought into the topic.

fantasy08

What kind of stupid question is this? I don't even know why you would even ask this, as it clearly shows you haven't put a single ounce of thought into the topic.

Okay, Damn. Was any of that called for? I would say something,but I will not stoop to your level. I'll just say there are no stupid questions. Just stupid answers. ;)

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Okay, Damn. Was any of that called for? I would say something,but I will not stoop to your level. I'll just say there are no stupid questions. Just stupid answers. ;)

Nah, some questions are just kinda silly.

Awards
If you are a female and you play any sort of role in my life at all, I have most likely had vivid sexual fantasies about you. This holds true even if we don't know each other particularly well, even if we've only spoken on one or two occasions.

If you are a male and you play any sort of role in my life, I have most likely had vivid sexual fantasies about you, or in some cases, your sister. This holds true even if I don't know your sister particularly well, even if we've never spoken at all.

I guess while I'm at it, I should probably thank you all for the wonderful memories.

impart

Climb The Sky
I have a friend, who is a boy, who ive never liked
we met when we were 12 years old
when we were younger he established that I was like a sister to him
me and him were always really close in a way that was more like sibling love, we would tease each other and beat each other up

and the other day I was talking about how I hate it when boys expect me to act girly and he said

"well, yeah your not girly at all, maybe that's why ive never been attracted to you"

then we both laughed

and I have another firend who I mostly hung out with during my last year of high school partly because I knew he wouldn't deveop feelings for me. because he thought high school relationships wee trivial, and wasn't focused on girls

but other then those two situations
I always run into complications
boys always start liking me, and it ruins the whole relationship because the feeling is rarely mutual

and I have this one friend who has been my best friend for 7 years, but he is gay, so that doesn't count

I think though, its easy to not develop feelings for a friend when you had met eachother when you were younger. the same disintrest in a sexual realtionship gets carried with you along the years, and you just dont consider it...

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
What about homosexuals? There would be no sexual tension in a friendship between a male and a female if either were exclusively homosexual.

On a separate note, heterosexuals are capable of opposite-sex friendships as well. Many of my best friends are female, and I have no romantic or sexual interest in them whatsoever.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
This is considering that both parties are heterosexual, then? The answer is, "Yes." While the reasoning is, "They can be not attracted to each other," which has been stated above. We could play the "What if" game until the End of Time, but the answer is the answer.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this happens all the time

Now don't quote me on this, but I think I read somewhere that girls are more likely to have a beter relationships (as friends) with guys because girls are bitches to each other or some truth like that

Last edited:

Muse

you look atrocious
Most of my irl friends are guys, so, yeah. :v

Just because the two of you are the opposite sex doesn't mean you want to/have to bone each other. Yeesh.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
No, there are stupid questions as there are stupid people.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
this can not happen

all of life is like a manga

therefore if you just believe...

Fortissimo

Of course they can, it happens all the time.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this happens all the time

Now don't quote me on this, but I think I read somewhere that girls are more likely to have a beter relationships (as friends) with guys because girls are bitches to each other or some truth like that

Yes. I have noticed that most of my better friends are guys because there isn't any bitchy drama between us. Some of my friends that are girls usually aren't bitchy either, but most tend to be a bit more dramatic.

fantasy08

No, there are stupid questions as there are stupid people.
I agree,and I'm currently posting to one. Do us all a favor and get that stick out of your ass,and go get your pad or tampon please.Then get out of my topic.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Yes, a girl and a guy can be friends and not be in a romantic relationship. I have several guy friends, but I have no romantic interest in them whatsoever. I don't know why this is such a hard concept for people to grasp; believe it or not, it is possible to be friends and not want to fuck like rabbits.

Unless you're in a manga. Then not only is it okay for a girl to be in a romantic relationship with one or more of her guy friends, it's a requirement.

TBQH I'm getting kind of sick of this, "You're a girl and you have a guy friend, so therefore you guys are dating" bullshit. You can be friends and not be romantically involved.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Oh, my... this has gone to the next page?! Really?! Can this just be closed? Really, there really isn't any reason to keep it going... like watching a crippled dog limp its way home... fucking depressing.

TBQH I'm getting kind of sick of this, "You're a girl and you have a guy friend, so therefore you guys are dating" bullshit. You can be friends and not be romantically involved.

Funny story (to make this not so spammy)! A friend of mine, who's a female-types, and I talk to each other a lot. But we also hold hands and we hug, just like I do with most of my friends. Apparently... everyone thought the gay guy and the straight Christian girl were going out x'D. It was so funny! Every so often one of us would go "This is why people think we're going out, isn't it? :C" xD.

And yes, I was out to the student body.

O

Oberon

I have a female friend that is just a friend, and sometimes we'd have casual sex because we can. But there's not a lot of tension of "being together," we're honestly just really good friends.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I have a friend, who is a boy, who ive never liked
we met when we were 12 years old
when we were younger he established that I was like a sister to him
me and him were always really close in a way that was more like sibling love, we would tease each other and beat each other up

and the other day I was talking about how I hate it when boys expect me to act girly and he said

"well, yeah your not girly at all, maybe that's why ive never been attracted to you"

then we both laughed

and I have another firend who I mostly hung out with during my last year of high school partly because I knew he wouldn't deveop feelings for me. because he thought high school relationships wee trivial, and wasn't focused on girls

but other then those two situations
I always run into complications
boys always start liking me, and it ruins the whole relationship because the feeling is rarely mutual

and I have this one friend who has been my best friend for 7 years, but he is gay, so that doesn't count

I think though, its easy to not develop feelings for a friend when you had met eachother when you were younger. the same disintrest in a sexual realtionship gets carried with you along the years, and you just dont consider it...

If you're even nominally attractive, all of them have thought about having sex with you.

The same goes for the rest of the females posting in this thread.

Though if you're not attractive, then disregard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back