• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Call Of Duty 5:World at war

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaraki

It's had its Finest Hour, there's been a Big Red One, and most recently, the series has waged Modern Warfare. Now, the latest Call of Duty game will see the World at War, reports the UK's Xbox 360: The Official Xbox Magazine.

Confirming rumors, the game formerly known as Call of Duty 5 will indeed return to World War II, setting of all pre-Call of Duty 4 games. Developed by Treyarch--not series creator Infinity Ward--the game will portray US Marines fighting the Imperial Japanese in the Pacific. There will also be a "major chapter" in the game focusing on the invasion of Germany by the Soviet Union's Red Army.

Treyarch president Mark Lamir told the magazine, "The direction for the team was to make the best game they could, and as they were doing this they created a grittiness that quite frankly made some people very uncomfortable...This is a scarier Call of Duty than we've ever seen."

When asked about the decision to include graphic violence in the game, creative lead Rich Farrelly said, "It's not just gore and violence for its own sake, but reflects what veterans have told us and the actual history."

One of the levels described in the magazine--called "Maken Raid"--features the torture of an Allied prisoner of war, who then has his throat slit by katana. The brutal scene is watched by the player's character, who is rescued by US Marines much like the real-life Raid at Cabanatuan in 1945.

Based on the Call of Duty 4 engine, Call of Duty: World at War will include more destructible environments than prior games in the series. It will also allow players to swim underwater, as well as use Japanese machine guns and flamethrowers with "propagating fire" burning jungle scenery--and enemies--in realistic fashion.

As for multiplayer, the 360 version will sport a four-player co-op mode which can be played with four consoles over Xbox Live, or two consoles each using split-screen. The co-op campaign will be very similar to the single-player campaign, with gamers constantly accumulating points which can be used to unlock perks. Its multiplayer mode will feature vehicles and squad-based elements.

As revealed by Activision last month, Call of Duty: World at War is in development for the 360, PlayStation 3, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, and PlayStation 2. The game will ship during Activision's current fiscal year, with almost all prior Call of Duty games being released in the holiday quarter. Treyarch is also currently developing the new James Bond game, Quantum of Solace, using the Call of Duty 4 engine.
Screenshots British Gaming Blog » First Call of Duty 5 Screenshots (Magazine Scans)

Im a little dissapointed that they decided to head back to WW2 but at least some of it will take place in the Pacific theater and playing as the soviets is always fun.

Discuss.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
what tha...... >.> I heard they werent going back to WW era after the success of COD 4 >.>.... I'm hurt by their foolishness =<

Macabre

Gold Member
Doesn't seem very impressive but I can't judge it now,also,going back to WW2 doesn't bother me or give me any negative feelings about it at all,it may still become a hit.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
^ the weapons arent as COOL! lol >.> oh well I guess we'll see how it goes.... just not many possibilities.... less actions, less technology.... less fun... >.>

Macabre

Gold Member
I see a Flamethrower,I see the players are able to camouflage themselves in the environment,I see large environments,I see more fun.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
I'd rather play in WWII era CoD rather than modern times CoD4, which sucked balls in my opinion.

This game looks okay, and Treyarch WILL do a great job on this game. But I think Infinity Ward should make the game, or at least contribute to the making of it in someway.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Actually, let me rephrase what I said:

I'd rather play in WWII era CoD rather than modern times CoD4, which, in my opinion, was overrated. It didn't suck balls completely.

Let me rephrase. I think nothing of you anymore. Again CoD4 was everything it was meant to be and more.

A

Azrael

I'm kinda happy, didn't like it how CoD was made to be in modern times. They should make Call of Duties for every major American-involved conflict

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
I'd rather play in WWII era CoD rather than modern times CoD4, which sucked balls in my opinion.

This game looks okay, and Treyarch WILL do a great job on this game. But I think Infinity Ward should make the game, or at least contribute to the making of it in someway.
So you like the same game over and over???

WWII has also been done too death.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Hopefully the Wii iteration will turn out as good as MoH:Heroes 2, which really is a superb title. 'll admit CoD3 was a considerable let down given the strong name the series commands, but I have hopes that Treyarch will right many wrongs this time around.

Doesn't appear to be a must buy either way though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back