• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Call it a comeback if you want^

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark-Disciple

The 5th Apocalyptic Rider
Riding with Famine, Death, Pestilence and Destruct
So yeah....
After being absent from this part of the forums, I guess it's about time I show my face around here again.
This is an open, 1 on 1, PC type battle and I will post my template as soon as someone accepts the challenge. Best of luck to whoever decides to partake in this^
:thumbup:

Dark-Disciple

Its been a while DD ^^ Mind if I take this up?

Just need to decide on a character.

I would be more than honored if you did. And Thanks Lycian, that would be lovely^
I'll post my template soon:

<EDIT:

Template:

Name: Dark

Appearance: http://fireemblemblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/pent.jpg

Weapons:

Light Bearer: A double-edged silver rapier that emits light energy. It has a gold handle and a small blue orb on the bottom which is used for releasing the souls of the lives the sword takes. This sword is capable of striking targets in the distance with blinding light-energy.

Dark Keeper: A double-edged silver rapier that emits dark energy. It has an obsidian handle and a small red orb in the bottom use to keep the souls taken by the Light Bearer. It is capable of blasting a foe with sharp needles from the distance. Perfectly balanced blade, allows for quick & accurate deadly strikes.

Twilight Fluorspar: The combination of the Dark keeper and the Light bearer. This is a long, sharp, and wide blade that allows for brutal strikes able to cut trough virtually anything. The blade is enforced with a crystallized alloy that strengthens the blades and fusses them together and once both blades are forged into this form, the sword will empower the user and boost his strength both physically and magically in the control of dark and light and crystal based attacks.

Starulite incrustations on his hands: Which allows him to control dark energy and crystals of any type.
This is something Dark was born with.

Some techniques mastered are:

Black Dragon: Controlling and pressurizing a large amount of dark energy, Dark is able to form and control a black dragon, which chases the enemy around throwing sharp crystals towards the enemy while aiming to eat them. IF the dragon is able to digest the enemy, the enemy is poisoned with the gasses from inside the dragon, and the dragon quickly vanishes, leaving the opponent with great nausea and limited control over their nervous system.

Death’s Crest: A shielding technique which first forms a crystal bubble around him, and then spreads out as Dark stretches his arms outwards. It's a more of a shielding attack if you will

Blood Lust: As Dark stretches his arms forwards, a dense cloud of darkness starts to form and sharp crystals form inside as they start to spiral frantically. The cloud moves towards the enemy, aiming to rip him apart as the crystals cut through their skin. The opponent is only capable to seeing a cloud of darkness which makes this attack rather deadly with the curious types.
This is not a fatal move, but it can be used to pierce armor or leave open gashes on the opponent’s skin, causing grave blood-loss and infernal torture.

Crystal rain: A million crystals emerge from the ground as they are shot up from under the enemy as they scratch and burn the opponent. Each crystal is enveloped in light energy, which, as it touches the skin, may cause grave burns and cuts, but no blood flow due to how it burns the skin as well.
As the crystals shoot up, they reach a certain altitude and drop as a rain of sharp metal objects and cut the enemy for a second time.

Dark prongs The shadows in the ground take control of the earth as a wave of prongs and spikes begin to sprout from underground towards the enemy.

Death Blast: Basic yet deadly move that consists of an dark energy sphere in flames that is shot from the tip of his finger towards the enemy.

And

Shadow Bind : Dark takes control of the enemy’s shadow as it orders a small mantle of the soil in the ground to swallow him up to his ankles in order to bind the enemy. Quite an easy move to get out of, but the few seconds that bind the enemy might prove fatal if used at the right time^.

BIO:
Dark's history is quite a shrowded one. Not much information has ever been uncovered of him except the fact that he is a very pious and honorable individual with a strong sence of chavilry and nobility. Some say he's of noble blood, which is true outside the fact that he left his family and gave up all his possetions to the poor after setting into a journey to find himself. (he also left because fighting was thought to be a lowly activity not worthy of nobles). In the times he traveled alone, He studied and read more books than collectivelly expected from 10 average individuals in their life-time. It was through such constant reading that he mastered both Light and Darkness and forged his own blades by bending, forging and compacting crystals into shape.
He has been tirelessly fighting bandits and rogues in order to provide for justice in places where all hope is gone. However, such simple oppositions have begun to appeal to him as a waste of time, and in order to grow in his abilities (which had now reached a constant plateu in height) self-proclaimed Dark decided to place his learned abilities to the test before he starts to travel around the world once more in his search for further wisdom...

Song Theme: " Prophets of War"- by Dream Theater
Battle Theme: "In the prescence of Enemies pt. 1"- Dream Theater

Last edited:

Jack London

Banned
Sorry for the incomplete template =/. Never really got to finishing his bio and my battles with him never got started. I've been wanting to use him for quite some time. I'll leave the first post to you. Looking foward to a good one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Vianhart

Alias: ?

Race: Lupian

Home Planet: Lupia

Personality: The first notable characteristic of Vianhart would have to be his courage as well as his warrior-like instinct and heart. Though he has a passion for fighting, it is never without reason nor is it for the side of the wicked. He is true to himself and to everyone he meets, making him a trust worthy ally. While he is not exactly the type to be running after females, he does, in fact, take a liking to them, whether he shows it or not. It just seems as though his mind is clouded by other thoughts or priorities. The Lupian had always had a tendency to take a liking to music that is both calming and poetic.

~Personal Theme: "Beauty of the Beast" by Nightwish.
~Battle Theme: “Last of the Wilds” or “Moondance” by Nightwish.
~Quote: ?

Appearance: Vianhart

Abilities: Lupians have been known to be masters in the arts of melee and this is no exception in Vianhart’s case. He is extremely agile and strong, able to take down enemies twice or three times his size. The Lupian is also skilled in the arts of spirit manipulation/Incarnum, (mostly being his own spirit rather than the spirits of others.) which he uses to increase the potential of his physical power much farther than they would be normally. Through many years of fighting, his spiritual capacity has become quite broad, making him able to fight for several days straight before growing tired. He has eased in the ability of astral projection as well as many other useful spiritual spells.

Being a master of the hunt, Vianhart is inherited with extremely keen senses. He has been known to chase down his enemy when they attempt to retreat upon defeat or coming close to do so, until they are no longer able to run. Sneaking up upon the Lupian is practically futile and even foolish, for he is able to hear every movement and distinguish one sound from another amongst many. The same goes for his other senses. He is also able to unleash a howl that can be heard only by certain individuals, which can range to great distances. However, unless one is able to understand the Lupian language through howling, he may only be able to speak to his fellow Lupians.

Last edited:

Dark-Disciple

Alright Wolfy, awesome^

Just a couple of things though.
First of all, is your character a complete wolf or does he have the body of a human and the face of a wolf, or does he transform?
That's just one thing I want to have clear

And also:
Are you sure you want to use a melee character instead of a P.C. I'm just saying, because, since most of Dark's attacks are either magical or long-range, I want to see if you would like to add some abilities that might help you.

Oh and one last thing:
Could you please list your abilities in detail? I'm just saying. You know, so that the battle won't get too one sided with you inventing abilities with every single one of my blows. I just think it might make the battle a little bit more.... enjoyable

This are just a few suggestions I'm willing to give for you to consider before we start. I do believe they might help on making this a better battle, but it's all up to you.
Do please tell me about your character though^
I really just need that piece of info cleared...

Jack London

Banned
Yea, Lupians are a race of spiritually enhanced wolves. I know it's a tad risky, but he is not completely melee. He is able to wield magic; the ones stated in his template. Don't worry, I won't be inventing abilities, they are all based upon his own spirit or spirits in general. But, I'll give you a few examples so that you know what to expect.

Soul charge: This would probably be his most basic move, for a majority of his attacks revolve around it. Basically, he focuses his spiritual energy into either a specific part of his body or all of it, resulting in greater strength, agility, ect. A blue aura would outline the area his spirit was channelled into.

-While his spirit is channelled into that specific part of his body, he can do a number of things with it. 1) He can project it as an offensive ball of energy toward you. 2) Project it outward as a shield or armor. or 3) Mold it into an item or weapon or...just about anything. For example: He could extent the length of his fangs or mold it into knives and send it hurling toward you.

Soul manipulation: Having been associated with fighting with his own spiritual energy, he has also gained the ability to manipulate others. He does this rarely, but if he does, they are usually summoned from the spiritual realm. With this, he could manipulate these souls into empty shells, being able to manipulate them at will as well.

-Having complete and total control over his own spirit, he can project it out of his phsyical body, if he needed to do so in a desperate situation, and continue the fight in his "spiritual form." While in that form, he is completely immune to phsyical assaults and can only be affected by magic.

~~

I hope that helps, I didn't want to give it all away, but that's basically it in a nutshell.

Last edited:

Dark-Disciple

Alright, I can imply that he is a complete wolf.
And yeah, that does suffice. Now if you want, you can take the first post. Just say that you got an invitation to a fight and that you are in the process of going.
If you don't mind, Can the fight take place in the ruins of a coliseum?
All you need to know is that the place is dry, very dusty. Outside of that, I guess we can make it up as we go.....
If you would rather do something else for the location, please do tell me^
I would like to get this started sometime soon.

Jack London

Banned
( Best of luck to you, mate ^^. )

"Fight, fight!"

The words echoed loudly, seemingly coming from all directions as the rain heavily poured onto the dirt ground of the coliseum, quickly turning it into mud. It had come to a point of becoming so wet that every rain drop resulted in a small splash of mud in all directions. Every seat was filled with a chanter, chanting the very same phrase over and over. Three warriors were fighting fiercely in the middle, commanded by a man upon a balchony, high over the battle field.

A large grin etched the man's face as the scene suddenly became mesmerized with an even heavier downpour of rain, followed by a single flash of lightning. The very moment the flash faded, everyone had disappeared and were replaced by a black swarm, eventually coming together at the middle and becoming one large swarm. An immensely loud noise emitted from it, sounding like thousands of flies buzzing.

The Lupian had awoken with a start, quickly lifting his head up and looking in all directions as if there had been some sign of danger. He sat upright and gazed at the arena before him, reminding himself where he was. He was sitting upon the seats of where the crowd would be, had this coliseum still been used. It was ruined now, appearing to actually be quite the opposite of what his little dream of his had seen; dust all over the place and very dry.

Streaks of ocean blue and a dark copperish color adorned the Lupian's fur coat. The only change in color upon his fur was the right side of his face, which took the color of a snow white. Muscle rippled from his fur as he moved foward, his bright yellow eyes getting a closer examination of the coliseum. He forgot why he had dozed off in the middle of this place, while expecting an opponent. It was almost stupid.

What seemed to be bothering him was the difference in appearance the coliseum had with the one he saw in his dream. He was quite confident in his belief that they were two completely different ones, reason being that there was no balchony in this one, the arena diameter was much smaller, and it seemed to be at a different location entirely. The Lupian could not remember the last time he had a dream so strange, for they usually made some sort of sense to him.

Shrugging it away, with the thought in his mind that it was only a dream, he made his way to the center of the arena, hoping to meet his opponent soon enough. Apparently, he had been invited to a little fight with someone, something he hadn't done in a while. Deep down, he was a fighter, but he detested ones without meaning or ones that resulted in the deaths of many. He would hope that this would be a friendly match rather than to the death, but he learned not to get his hopes up upon the behavior of others.

Lifting his right paw slightly and placing it about three inches behind its original position, he let out a single howl, one that could be heard for several miles. It was a simple assurance to his opponent that he was ready and that he would not back down...wherever he was. The sun was high over the horizon, without a single cloud in the sky. The heat caressed the Lupian's back as he sat down upon the ground, sitting upright as he waited.

Dark-Disciple

(ooc. Alright bro, I've been feeling a little better today so I finally finished the post. Sorry for keeping you waiting, I've been through a lot latelly....
Again, Best of luck Wolfy. May the better contender prevail)

IC.
Silent footsteps where heard in the ever so forlorn and abandoned plains, as a dark silhouette stood looking aimlessly towards the worn-out entrance of a coliseum that still held strong; the rough yet refined features of his face were barely noticeable, yet seemingly apparent under his rather thick hood.

There, the dark figure stood as the beams of sunlight longed to softly touch flesh, yet all his body seemed to be covered by either textiles or armor.
Soon, there was a long silence.

Time began to creep by in quite a painful manner, and any remote signalization of Life aroused his senses in hopes that his match had arrived.
Silence prevailed once more, and all else around him stood still in time as he listened carefully.

While gently rubbing away some of the sweat from his forehead, a single, long Howl completely broke the stillness.

Partly startled by such an extended and strident wail, Dark began to walk into the coliseum as he inspected the territory in which they would fight.
Once inside, a couple of broken pillars and some rather ponderous rocks were scattered impulsively about the dusty flooring, and the huge walls surrounding them partly threw out his perception of size for awhile.

Sitting in the middle of everything was a wolf-like creature who had seemingly been the source of the howl heard earlier.

Stopping around 7-8 meters from his opponent, Dark suddenly stretched his arm to the side as his scarf and outer-cloak fell to the ground, revealing a pair of silver blades at his sides.
Before touching the ground both the scarf and cloak disappeared in a cloud of darkness at his feet, and a soft and gentle smile appeared on Dark’s face as he rested his right hand on the hilt of one of his blades

“It’s been awhile, my old friend… For a second there I thought you might not be able to make it here”

Stated Dark in a rather inviting tone as he gently moved his left hand towards the Lupian as a sign of courtesy for him to make the first move/

“Come on my old pal, Let us enjoy this match^”

Jack London

Banned
The sound of an approaching presence was easily heard through the Lupian's sensitive ears as he quickly turned his head to look in the direction the sound had been coming from. In a couple of moments, the presence had made his appearance, entering from one of the coliseum's entrances and slowly making his way to his stand point.

Assuming that this was his opponent; he took the appearance of a human mage, wearing a dark colored robe, with a lighter toned cloak worn over it, along with a scarf. The Lupian took a more comfortable stance, one that would make it easier for him to avoid anything this man threw at him, for he didn't know what he had up his sleeve. Once the man was several meters away from him, he removed both his cloak and scarf, casting them aside as they disappeared before actually touching the ground. Two beautifully crafted rapiers were sheathed at his side.

The Lupian eyed them carefully before hearing the man speak to him.

“Its been awhile, my old friend. For a second there, I thought you might not be able to make it here.” The man spoke, giving him a friendly gesture, allowing him to make the first move. "C'mon, my old pal, lets enjoy this match."

The Lupian looked some what confused, but he only showed it for a moment.

Old friend? I don't believe we've met. He spoke to him, through a voice that was projected from his own soul; an inner voice, if you will. His mouth did not move. Perhaps...in another life, we have. My name is Vianhart, by the way, although I would have assumed you knew that already. I'm afraid, I do not know yours. Vianhart introduced himself, giving him a moment to reply before he assumed a different stance, spreading his legs out a bit more.

He bowed his head slightly as his focused his spiritual energy to easily flow through his body, emitting as a blue aura, outlining his body. Lifting his head up once more to look at his opponent, he began to slowly walk toward his right, beginning to revolve around him.

Lets see what you can do.

The slow walk became a faster one and eventually became a jog. By the second, he seemed to be going faster. With a quick flash of blue light emitting from his aura for a single moment, he immediately began to run at an incredibly fast rate, gaining momentum. With every lap he made around the man, he grew slightly closer to him. Once he had reached a few feet away from him, he quickly leaped toward his stomach area, baring his fangs as he made his attempt to rip him open with a single move.

Dark-Disciple

Seeing his opponent transform in front of his eyes was a very interesting spectacle, which Dark watched rather perplexed at the complexity of human conversion.

Then soon, the being communicated with him in a rather telepathic way without the need of lip movement, and it said to him Old friend? I don't believe we've met…

Something that stuck Dark as a rather insulting statement. Had he forgotten the last time they’d meet? Too bad then…

As the now transmutated being finished communicating, he began to move in a rather swift cycle around him without the courtesy of allowing him time to answer. So at this, Dark simply encased the circumference around himself with some energy as he observed what his adversary was doing.

Faster and Faster he began to cycle around him as Dark stood in the middle of a cycle that was nearing him little by little. His opponent was about to strike…

Following Vianhart’s aura as he quickly moved around him, Dark soon spotted him breaking from his path as he lunched himself towards him with a rather astonishing speed.

With seconds to counter, Dark used the Energy he had previously gathered around him, and hardened it into a crystallized formation which sprouted from the ground and encased him.

As Vianhart neared a couple of feet from him, Dark stretched his arms outwards as the bubble that enveloped him soon began to spread steadily outwards as it gained thickness and size. Within contact, his Shield would shatter into thousands sharp pieces of crystal, and it would act as if Vianhart had ran headfirst into a glass screen. Only that the impact would be as if he had ran into a wall of concrete, which would then shatter in his face as pieces of piercing crystal would fall upon him.

Traveling at such speeds as Vianhart had would make it next to impossible to evade a full-force impact with such a growing, crystal semi-sphere.

Once his shield was in full force for impact, Dark unsheathed his blades as he readied for the next attack, encasing his blades this time in a small covering of respective energy, Light for his Light Bearer, and Darkness for his Dark Keeper^

Last edited:

Jack London

Banned
Vianhart had only been a couple of feet away from Dark before the man had summoned some sort of crystal-like shield, quickly solidifying and was expanded outward as the Lupian neared. A common defensive for such an assault; the Lupian couldn't help but feel as though his opponent had virtually let himself become wide open rather than what he thought would be a proper defensive.

He hoped that this was a simple underestimation from his opponent. As simple and straight foward as his strike may have been, Vianhart's all out offensive in the beginning of a battle was always backed up. It would take more than that shield of his. While there was no time to avoid the shield, he didn't intend to back down from his assault anyhow.

While still in mid air, Vianhart quickly manipulated the spiritual energy radiating from his body and soldified it to the extent that it now worked as his own armor, which would be more than enough to penetrate the shield. However, it seemed that the shield provided little effort in withstanding his frontal charge, for it had shattered into a large quantity of razor sharp crystals, which would have been the real damage intended to be inflicted upon the Lupian.

Despite its shatter, he had hit the shield hard, but still was able to maintain enough momentum to reach his opponent, who wasn't more than a foot away from him to begin with, in which case his shield did not provide him the proper protection. The shards had easily been defended, due to his powerful spiritual armor, which would have been able to withstand a great amount of force. It was a shame though, for his opponent to have been inflicted with a significant amount of damage so early.

While the impact of the shield had shifted his direction slightly, Dark was still stricken upon the right side of his stomach. A large and deep gash could be seen acrossed it, bleeding heavily as a small chunk of it had actually been ripped off. However, he was quite lucky that the shield had interrupted Vianhart's strike, for that could have easily been a fatal blow. Still, this would affect him significantly.

Vianhart spat the chunk of his opponent's body part aside as fresh blood trickled down his fangs. Slip up like that again and you might not be as lucky.

As the words were spoken, his spiritual armor had turned into a gas like substance, a blue mist, if you will. The mist had quickly increased and thickened, spreading across the entire arena as the Lupian slowly walked away from Dark's position, giving him a moment or two to regain his balance from his assault. This had taken up quite an extent of his spiritual energy, but he was regenerating by the minute. The mist was so thick that one's vision was limited to less than a foot. Since the mist was actually Vianhart's spiritual energy projected as a gas, to Dark, Vianhart's spiritual signature could be detected all around him and, thus, cannot locate his actual position.

( Sorry for sort of PPing that, but, in 1v1 combat, there's no real second chance at a defense. So, once it fails the first time, the assault hits. If you have any questions, just PM me and we can discuss it privately. )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back