• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Buying A PSP just for BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KH3 for the wii

I've wanted a PSP for a while, but I got a DS instead. My parents are the type who will not let me spend my own money on video game systems. It took 4 years of arguing to let me buy a PS2. So do you think it is worth it to go through arguing and spending money on a PSP to play Birth by Sleep and a few other games? If so, which PSP should I get, should I get the bundle?

ALternative: I might be able to borrow my friend's PSP and just buy BBS to play it.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
ALternative: I might be able to borrow my friend's PSP and just buy BBS to play it.
Probably the better option if you plan on only buying BBS, buying a console/handheld for just one game is never a good idea. If you do plan on buying other games, though, try finding at least 3 or 4 other games; P3P, MGS Peace Walker, Final Fantasy, and Dissidia come to mind. Yes, I would get a bundle, since it costs as much as a PSP with a game while coming with a free memory card. However, if you can find an older model of a PSP that would make a cheaper deal, I'd go with that.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
im getting the bundle

i had a psp once

but i sold it at mexico for twice its price

heheh

now im getting the mystic silver bundle

edit

im also getting peace walker, dissidia, and crissis core

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I mean I probably wouldn't have bought a PSP if it wasn't for BBS ( still need to get one actually) but once I have a PSP I'll want other games too

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I bought a PsP for the sake of having a portable game thing. For it I got..

Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines;
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed;
Dynasty Warriors 2;
and Star Wars: Battlefront 2, but the controls are horrible to someone who's used to having analog sticks... D:

Planning on getting BBS, but I've never played FF games or MSG, so meh. Though, I do want God of War..

EDIT: Don't really know if they've said "no," but my parents said to not spend any more of my money on video games, and I just went out and bought the last UMD-using PsP because I didn't give a fcuk. It's my money, I'll use it when I "need it."

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
theres a thread dedicated to psp you should buy

or good psp games

if only i could find it

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Work for the money yourself and buy it? They can't really say anything then......and I bought my friends for $50 (he really wanted to get rid of it). He played it off when his family got robbed during Christmas and he claimed that his PSP was among the things stolen, so he got a new one. XD

But I never would've bought it off him if not for BBS.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I would probably buy, BBS, Crisis Core, Dissadia, Maybe a Battlefront game, and I'm not sure about Peace Walker.

my friend says its a pretty good game

and about the issue of you parent not letting you buy it
eehm

i dont know

i havent told my parents
but they wont flip

its basically because i have good grades

and as long as i do

they'll just tell me something or whatever

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Your parents wont let you spend your own money! You know what I have to say about that:

[video=youtube;AgUG9IWe6L4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgUG9IWe6L4[/video]

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
well theres some parents like that

i remember when i was little and kh1 was coming out
my dad said he was tired of buying me games

so he said it was the last one he would ever buy me

he made me sign a contract and all that stuff

it was a good decision

i loved kh1

and they haven't bought me a game since

ChaoticHeart

Wandering aimlessly through the blind eternities..
unlucky bud, my dad dosent care what i buy as long as it dosent cost him anything, so im painting houses this week and working with builder at the end of the month to raise enough funds for a new psp and bbs before school starts, and i just dont tell my mam what i buy

try cutting a deal with your parents, like you'll only play it at weekends, its portable so they wont be able to stop you playin it wenever you want

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Never buy a game system for one or two games, I did that by mistake with the PSP 3000 ltd. ed. from Japan which cost me around $400 :( However, after buying the PSP, I got LBP PSP, Dissidia, Loco Roco 2, I plan on getting MGS: Peace Walker, Bbs, and GoW: Ghost of Sparta, maybe even Blazblue, so make sure you have at least 5 games that you want to get that are either out of coming out this year that you really want before you buy it :p

Apollo

Silver Member
You should look into other games that you might wanna play before buying a whole new system for one game.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
No. No matter what this blind fanbase says, never buy a system for ONE game. It just isn't worth it. If you can't find any other games you are interested in enough to play, then just borrow it from a friend.

That is like buying a PS3 for KH3, which half of this fanbase would probably do.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
personally i wouldnt want to have to borrow my friends psp because it isnt always reliable. what if he wants it back for 3 months to play a game and you are still in the middle of yours. thats just my opinion. i bought a psp 1000 when bbs was first announced, just to be prepared.

King Thanatos

Hmmm...getting a psp just for BBS is kinda out of the question a little ...there's a wide range of games u can play so it really shouldn't b just for BBS...I think u should reconsider buying it if ur only going to b playing BBS...u may regret it later...but if ur heart is set then go for it^^....who am I to stop u...xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back