• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Buy a PSP?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ansemjafar

A.K.A. Jemxas
Awards
Hi. I was wondering if I should buy a PSP. I am a little interested due to the fact that a Kingdom Hearts game will be released on the system. Please offer any advice or suggestions. Also I already own a DS.

Blue

home is where the heart is
I'm thinking of getting a PSP just for BBS,so my advice is to buy it if you're a huge KH fan and don't want to miss BBS!!And if you don't want to watch the cutscenes only on youtube or elsewhere,I recommend you to get one. =)

But of course,the final decision must be made by you...

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm one that has the CoM game, too! I would buy it if I were you. I don't have it, but ... if I didn't get the Nintendo DS for my 18th, I would have definitely gone for the PSP. I've heard from many people I know that it's really good.

Blue

home is where the heart is
There are plenty of good games for the PSP,when you look around a bit,you'll find more games which interest you and which you can buy then.

I intend to buy one only for BBS,but who knows?Maybe I'll find more games which I want to play.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Um hai do your own research. Spending vast amounts of money for one game does not make any economic sense in my books, so have a look through the catalogue of games already out to see whether there are enough games (either now or upcoming) to complement the choice of BBS

Cin

In a box...you happy now you heartless bastard?
I am a huge fan of kingdom hearts. I am one of the handful of people that actually owns COM.

CoM is actually one of the top 5 most succesful GBA games, so trust me, you're not as rare as you think...>.o

And like Chaywa said, do some research. Check Ign's psp reviews, they've never failed me before.

I personally got a PSP for my birthday this year, because of Final Fantasy Tactics. I was thinking about it due to Crisis core and a few others games, but FFT sealed the deal. A few days later when BBS was announced, it just made the PSP that much sweeter.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I don't wanna buy a system for just one game. =/
Fortunately, you dont have to buy a PSP for just ONE game.

You have:
- Final Fantasy Tactics Lion War
- Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core
- Dissidia Final Fantasy
- Final Fantasy 1 and 2 (biggest and grandest version of them all)
- Valkyrie Profile
- Monster Hunter
- Every PS1 game (custom emulators, but practically every PSP owner does this)
- God of War Chain of Olympus
- GTA Vice City Stories
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- Daxter
- Ratchet and Clank
- Clank Secret Agent
- Tomb Raider Legend/Anniversary
- Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
- Gran Turismo (its coming)

IMO, thats quite a list... plus all those puzzle games like Lumines and Loco Roco and there simply is no reason not to buy a PSP. Especially since the PSP Slim release.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
So the PSP is suddenly good because a KH game is coming out for it?

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I believe so.

DXC and FFT:WOL should be the reason why you buy your PSP. Every other game is just a game D:

The Doctor

I would say, definitely get a PSP, I'm hopefully getting one in 17 days (my B-day). there are heaps of good game for it, you can put PSX (PS1) games on it, and use it as a MP3. plus the new model of it, it should be great!

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
Well I didnt go through the whole thread but....I was looking at Game Stop last night. The new PSP is $170 by itself. It's $200 for the Star Wars Edition and $200 for a version that comes with a Daxter game, Family Guy, and a 1GB memory stick. That last one is like a wicked good deal. I want to get that. Especially since Chains of Olympus is coming out soon. And of course BBS!!

TwilightPrinces

Website
www.myspace.com
Honestly I think you shouldn't buy a PSP I got one 2 years ago for my birth day I played it about 5 times and then I didnt pick it up for a year until I finally sold it. It has WEAK graphics as well, its a waste of money :D But hey some people like that kind of stuff :D

Z3120

I'm desperately trying to save up money to buy a PSP solely because of the games released this month alone. Long story short, I haven't checked out the release dates of both Final Fantasy Tactics: Lion Wars and Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness until recently. Having realized they were both coming out this month, it sealed the deal for me about getting a PSP slim, and weirdly, I'm growing a bit frantic at the moment trying to save up. :thumbsup:

And well, it depends on your taste of games. If you're going to buy a system simply for one game, I'd be against it. When I manage to get a PSP slim, by that time, I hope I can play my old PSX games on it too along with the Tales of Rebirth, Tales of Destiny 2 and Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core. As for other PSP games, I haven't really thought about it yet, but I'm sure the two SRPGs I've mentioned in my previously can keep me going for a 1000 hours each. And no, that's not a typo.

Honestly I think you shouldn't buy a PSP I got one 2 years ago for my birth day I played it about 5 times and then I didnt pick it up for a year until I finally sold it. It has WEAK graphics as well, its a waste of money :D But hey some people like that kind of stuff :D

What? Since when did the psp have weak graphics? They beat NDS. Not that NDS isn't great. But, anyway, back on topic...

Buy a psp. Here are a few games, not that many, but, still....

Final Fantasy Tactics: War Of The Lions (out soon, I think)
Final Fantasy
Final fantasy II
Daxter
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
Tekken: Dark Resurrection
Mercury Meltdown
Lumines
Loco Roco
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Star Wars Battle Front: Renegade Squadron
Shyphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
Metal gear Solid: Portable Ops
Jeanne D'Arc
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles

Multi-Platform Games: (Hey, you can get them on psp and other systems...)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
lego Star Wars II: the Original Trilogy
Tomb Raider Anniversary

Yes, I did not include some titles from the future, but, still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back