• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"But they share the same sky"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
So in the end of Kingdom Hearts 2 Sora and Riku receive Kairi´s letter, and it has this line: "... but they share the same sky." Also Riku talks(in BBS if I recall correctly) about how it is said that the worlds share the same great sky.

So Sora`s name means sky, so can these lines be take as a metaphor how Sora is connected to so many people? I know this might be kind of obvious, but I have wondered this little while now, and I would like to hear your thoughts on it.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Sure, it can totally be taken that way. Everybody is just one big part of the Sora sandwich.

Hah yeah. There was this joke one time: Rule 1: Everybody is Sora, Rule 2: Everybody is Xehanort.

But jokes aside I still really like that metaphor. I also really like how the creators play with the meanings of the names and connect them to different things. Like in the boss fight song Vector to Heavens, vector is straight line with only one direction, and heavens can be taken as a synonym to sky. A.k.a to Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back