• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Burn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Burned my hand at work with boiling water.
Can barely type. I have to keep it submerged in ice water in order to not whimper in pain. It's just kinda red right now. Don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight.

Got tips or burn stories of your own? :(

Can't say I have personally. But my fellow friend was making a toasted sandwich, he put the sandwich in so he had his hand under the element, just as he was doing so the top element fell down on to his hand, he still has faded burn lines in the shape of a grille. I laughed, a lot.

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
When I was younger, I was attracted to the bright red coils of everything in the kitchen.
For example, stove, oven, toaster.
And when water was being boiled, or a pan on the stove, I had to touch that too.
Guess what happens next??

But nothing as serious as what you've got Dogen.
Keep it up with the ice. Maybe you should head to the pharmacy for a burn ointment. And painkillers (ibuprofen prolly) might help so you can sleep and kind of focus on things other than the pain. And make sure that your skin isn't blistering, cuz I think that means you have a 2nd degee burn, which is pretteh bad.
Hope you feel better.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
It's not blistering, but knowing my luck I can see myself waking up tomorrow to see blisters xD
OINTMENT OH GOD NO. I tried rubbing Solarcaine Aloe Vera on it....I can't touch my hand whatsoever...the pressure/friction/heat/touch hurts too badly....so I gave up with trying to rub anything on it..

Ugh and I was supposed to play guitar on sunday -_-

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
TT_TT
I'm sorry.
That sounds friggin bad.
Well, there's always ibuprofen/painkillers of some sort.

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
I burnt my hand once on the stove and a second when an I placed my hand on a clothes iron to see if it really was hot. After that, I put tooth paste! Though, I advise you, it's only good for small burns. Ice is good too.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I burnt my finger the other day lol... Got something outta the oven with a teatowel and it slipped... I would just say keep up the ice water... it will prolly blister something bad too... maybe bandage it when its bareable to touch it

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
I stepped on my very hot hair straightener right before I went to school. My foot felt like it was on fire all day, and I had blisters on it when I went home. I make sure the straightener is not on my floor, now. ;_;

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
I completely forgot to use a pot holder while taking a pizza out of the oven one day.

That was pretty bad, especially because I didn't feel it for several seconds.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I work at McDonalds. I get burnt everyday. Nothing severe, luckily.

Whether it be being spat at by the fry vat (in my eye, all over my arm), slipping while cleaning the grill, or having a whole tray of oil spilt all over my arm. Nothing you can do but man up and get over it.

afrobutt

Silver Member
WHen I was like, 8 I was taking cookies out of the oven. I was wearing mitts, but I was like "I wonder how hot the tray is?"

I was a stupid child -_-

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Well, my story consists of the fact that I was talking to my co-workers while I was pouring boiling water into a small cup of ramen noodles for lunch. The water was going into the cup as planned, but in a split-second I suddenly felt the hot water bite my entire hand, which caused me to throw the cup on the floor and run frantically around the bar until I submerged my hand in the freezer.

Since then, I've had to keep my hand submerged in a bowl of ice-water, refilling the ice every half hour or so. It was a nightmare because if I let my hand dry or warm-up, it would no longer be numb and I could feel the pain. Didn't sleep until about the time my parents were waking up to do morning chores. Everytime I was about to fall asleep the pain would wake me and I had to dip my hand in the water next to my bed for a few seconds. Eventually the sleep just killed all reason to listen to my hand.

I woke up this morning, and my hand is much better than before. Except for it well, feeling like a burn and hurting when I touch it, I don't have to submerge it in ice water anymore, so I can go on with my life while it heals :< still hurts though. I tried tying up a trash bag and the plastic stretching across my knuckles made me yip.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
._. I was in a grease fire when I was 14, only my foot and leg got 3rd and 2nd degree burns though. It was pretty much hell since I had blisters and had to go to the hospital and do rehab stuff like moving my foot around and walking and this other thing called whirlpool that hurt a lot. I was out of school for like 3 months and my foot never really got it's color back but there is skin there now it's just lighter than it was before.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
._. I was in a grease fire when I was 14, only my foot and leg got 3rd and 2nd degree burns though. It was pretty much hell since I had blisters and had to go to the hospital and do rehab stuff like moving my foot around and walking and this other thing called whirlpool that hurt a lot. I was out of school for like 3 months and my foot never really got it's color back but there is skin there now it's just lighter than it was before.

No one can complain about their burns after this.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My brother made home made caramel (considering it isn't hard. it's only sugar and water really freaking hot)

._. I wanted to see if it was hot or not.

I got a 2nd degree burn on the tip of my index finger that told me that it was.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
In my experience, putting ice on the burn or keeping it in cold water just makes the pain worse when your burn is actually away from said ice/water, so you end up with this whole dependency thing where if there's no ice/water present, the burn hurts more then if you just weaned yourself off of it and dealt with the pain.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
In my experience, putting ice on the burn or keeping it in cold water just makes the pain worse when your burn is actually away from said ice/water, so you end up with this whole dependency thing where if there's no ice/water present, the burn hurts more then if you just weaned yourself off of it and dealt with the pain.

Which is EXACTLY what happened to me. I had to uncomfortably lay in bed with my arm hovering over a bowl of ice water...hoping I wouldn't knock it over if I fell asleep, and when the pain would overcome me I'd dip it in the water to temporarily relieve the pain once more...and this cycle continued until about 7AM when I finally gave up and passed out in sleep.

Today I look and the worst part of the burn is my index finger...which is like a purpley-black O-o

Ouch.

I always hear burn pains are the worst of the worst, and that the pain burn victims in like burn centers from like car wrecks and housefires have the most intolerable screams of pain heard by man x___x

Because they have to treat the wound in such a painful way...by cleaning and doing skin grafts and replacing them everyday....jeez.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Burns are the kind of pain where they sometimes have to put you in a coma just so that you don't go insane from pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back